• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingedominance13

10/30 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1

Rate this topic

Make up call for the dive.

Well that was still pretty terrible. We had basically no offensive zone time. Also, do we have any wingers at all who can score goals? I mean, it's kinda their job and all.

At least we're only down by one. That's about all I've got to say.

Edited by kipwinger

Good effort, especially the first 10 minutes. Unfortunate mis-match on the goal and that gave them some energy to take over a bit.

Not the best period by Tatar, weak on the puck. Zetterberg also didn't do a lot of things right.

Datsyuk looks determined to stop this losing streak, hope more guys follow.

The Wings gotta decide what kinda team they wanna be. Too many times in games they could make a pass to gain possession into the zone, but elect to dump it in. I've watched the Wings for a long time and can't remember the last time outside of a playoff game where we've ever dumped pucks in as opposed to carried them and been successful. The forwards are good enough to still play puck possession, the defense just needs to get the pucks out of the zone and support. Hopefully Babs lights a fire under them going into the 2nd... but I've been hoping he'd do that for games in a row now.

Ozzie doesn't seem too excited to be playing in the alumni game with Feds lol.

Tough s*** Ozzman….Feds in the Winged Wheel again is worth the price of admission. Suck it up. We're not excited about Cleary playing in ANY game as a Wing and we put up with it. :cheesy:

It still REALLY early in the season and I'm a firm believer that the regular season means VERY little. However, I think it's clear we should have said goodbye to Cleary (I don't think many would argue against this one) and we should have found a way to keep Nyquist in this lineup. We desperately need Helm and Nyquist on an everyday basis. It's also too early to say signing Weiss is a failure but my god, he has not looked good at all.

I watched the entire pens vs bruins game tn, and even tho there was little scoring, its just night n day to watching our club play. Every aspect of both teams offensive game blows ours away. Very upsetting to say the least.

Yes Ozzie, PLEASE say it was a stupid penalty by Smith, because it was.

I don't like Smith as much as the next fan, but if every guy that got mildly crosschecked dropped liked he'd been shot, hockey would look a lot like futbol. Ole!

We desperately need Helm and Nyquist on an everyday basis.

But Holland needs his washed-up, over-the-hill veteran scrub plugs. It's what he lives for. It keeps him going, makes him happy. Do you want him to be unhappy? What kind of a person are you?

I watched the entire pens vs bruins game tn, and even tho there was little scoring, its just night n day to watching our club play. Every aspect of both teams offensive game blows ours away. Very upsetting to say the least.

It's easy to sit and watch other teams and be impressed, because you're not seeing so much of the bad that you see if you follow a team for a long time.

We still beat Boston once. This was a good 1st period, we kind of regressed back to our recent play after the 1-0 goal, but before that we had much better neutral zone play and offensive zone time than we've had maybe all season. Datsyuk had like 4-5 very nice sequences where he almost created great scoring chances. Some good looks from the defense but unfortunately not many shots actually getting to the net. 4th line was good, 3rd had some good shifts but Tatar has to get into the game, now we need Weiss to give us a 2nd line, as usual that is the problem.