• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingedominance13

10/30 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1

Rate this topic

SOLID game by all the Wings except for Dan Cleary. The guy flat out has zero hockey IQ. All he does is give away pucks and turns what should be good scoring chances into nothing.

- Pavs and Hank were great in the 3rd especially... no points but they did a great job neutralizing the top guns of the Canucks along with Bert

- Alfie was fantastic tonight again... he is such a smart player very much like Lidstrom and Pavs

- Kronners and Danny D were fantastic... I don't see why they cannot log these kinds of minutes each game, Lidstrom and Rafi used to do it every game as our top pairing.

- Howie was fantastic tonight when he needed to be

- Great to see SECONDARY SCORING

Hopefully the boys can keep it up!

Guest Crymson

Best forward: Pavel Datsyuk. Amazing, as usual. Honorable mention goes to Henrik Zetterberg.

Worst forward:: Daniel Cleary. Once again, Cleary was totally worthless. He lost the puck constantly, did nothing of use, and committed what almost ended up as a very costly giveaway in the final minute. Honorable mention goes to nobody in particular.

Best defenseman: Danny DeKeyser. He did very well playing on the top pairing, and, sans a few minor mistakes, looked as if he perfectly well belonged there. Honorable mention goes to Niklas Kronwall, who had a pretty good game.

Worst defenseman:: Nobody. The defense played very well tonight, as the high-flying Canucks were limited to a mere 20 shots on goal.

MVP: Jimmy Howard. Solid as always, Jimmy made 19 saves on 20 shots against tough opposition. The single goal he let in was a bit odd, but not very stoppable.

Goat: Dan Cleary. See above.

Overall Grade: B+. This game was played very well defensively, but despite the number of shots the Wings took, offense remained a problem. Still, it was a worthy effort that garnered a win against a very good team.

Great puck possession game only allowing 20 or so shots.

DD is a stud and just keeps getting better.

We got more shots and Luongo robbed us on a couple.

Abby has to finish that pass from Tatar... he shot it right back into Luongo, just had to elevate it.

Speaking of Tatar, with the exception of one careless turnover down the middle, he played an awesome game. He should never see the bench again. Awesome compete level, likes contact, takes shots, skates... love it. But the best play I saw, which probably went unnoticed by many was when he was skating up the right boards and Kindl (might have been Smith) drove by him with the puck... he immediately peeled off and went to the point to play defense. I'd say he's all growns up and knows how to play Babs game and stay in the lineup.

Smith has to stop taking stupid penalties.

Someday we will score more than 2 goals... thanks Howie

Glad to see Tatar get a goal. He's been our best forward for two or three games, and he finally got rewarded. I legitimately think he'll keep getting better at the NHL level. Not like Martin St. Louis good, but definitely Danny Briere good. He's such a tenacious little dude, I love it.

Guest Crymson

Holland to Babs after the game... "the damn rookie scored the gwg. lets send him down and stick with veterans"

These jokes got old a long time ago.

Glad to see Tatar get a goal. He's been our best forward for two or three games, and he finally got rewarded. I legitimately think he'll keep getting better at the NHL level. Not like Martin St. Louis good, but definitely Danny Briere good. He's such a tenacious little dude, I love it.

Before injuries rattled him Briere was once more than just a good player, maybe not a star but close to it. If Tatar can develop into a younger Briere that would be fantastic but I doubt it.