• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

wingedominance13

10/30 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Canucks 1

Rate this topic

I paid extra close attention to Tatar tonight. I counted he had one turnover, one lost board battle, one won board battle, two near-assists (followed by a near-goal off of Abdelkader's first near goal) and an actual goal. Plus, he was playing the body and hustling, even on the backcheck. All in all, a really great night for him.

Abby was ridiculously good on the forecheck and where did he get the speed from? Need to see more of that from him.

Abby's a work ethic type of guy. I think when he see's Tatar's speed personally on his line it encourages him to find another gear to keep up and push the pace alongside Tatar rather than just allowing him to set the pace. Abby's grown on the team and his role has been increasing game after game. From something we thought was absolutely asinine, him being in the top 6; it's honestly allowed him to grow into a much more efficient role player and gave him more confidence in his shot. With his responsibilities growing it seems like he's taken it and ran with it. Now he's trying to spark lines and what not. This is all my speculation though, so who knows. The Abby-Andersson-Tatar line was very good last night though.

Guest Crymson

As did these.

You've got me there! Haha.

Abby's a work ethic type of guy. I think when he see's Tatar's speed personally on his line it encourages him to find another gear to keep up and push the pace alongside Tatar rather than just allowing him to set the pace. Abby's grown on the team and his role has been increasing game after game. From something we thought was absolutely asinine, him being in the top 6; it's honestly allowed him to grow into a much more efficient role player and gave him more confidence in his shot. With his responsibilities growing it seems like he's taken it and ran with it. Now he's trying to spark lines and what not. This is all my speculation though, so who knows. The Abby-Andersson-Tatar line was very good last night though.

If Helm makes a successful return, then that line will be all the better. Andersson is a capable defensive player, but I don't know if he'll ever be much on offense.

You've got me there! Haha.

If Helm makes a successful return, then that line will be all the better. Andersson is a capable defensive player, but I don't know if he'll ever be much on offense.

He's shown glimpses but I doubt there is much there offensively

I never appreciated Alfredsson as a true hockey star. When I saw these first 14 games I easily understand why he was so beloved in Ottawa. He is an old version of Zetter with better shot. Excellent hockey IQ comparable with that of Dats.

Very good game by the whole team.Kinda got used to see them putting much better effort vs top teams in the league.The 3rd was really a joy to watch and Weiss was visible for a change ;)

It's a shame that Dats backhander from an dead angle didn't go in.He deserved to score after terrorizing the Sedins the whole game.

I agree with this.

With Abby on the first line he was in Datsyuk's and Zetterberg's shadow and now that he is on a line with less talent (but just as much hard work) he stands out more, as he is forced to work a little harder and Possibly play a style of hockey he is more suited to.

Guest Crymson

That GWG was ridiculous. I'd be so pissed if I was a 'Nucks fan. Lu can't see it then Tanev let's it go instead of blocking it. BWHAHAHA. We needed that though. Good win all in all.

It's about time we got a break.

Ref booty dancing?

He had them apple bottom jeans, skates with the fur. The whole arena was looking at him. He hit the Flo, Next thing you know, Reffie got low low low low low low low low.

Sorry i could not resist.

Edited by bakerbert

Sammy's NTC isn't going to matter now. I'm sure he would rather go to a team where he can play than force management to keep him scratched every night

We'll have an injury or two or three or four or five or six or seven soon and he'll get to play.

Not before gleandening, Tootoo, eaves and possibly even Emmerton

Well considering Glendening and Eaves are already on the roster, Tootoo and/or Eaves are about to be traded, and Emmerton is in the minors and can't even afford to be called up. Point is kind of moot.

Not to mention Sammy ain't going anywhere.