• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Crashnburnluder

Varlamov Arrested

Rate this topic

Conviction or not, it's being dragged through the media and gives the NHL a bad reputation - The Avs should suspend him base don that alone, shouldn't require the NHL to step in.

If he does wind up convicted (even if only a misdemeanour) and they did nothing then as an organisation the Avs inadvertently condoning his actions.

Quite simply, suspend him for bringing the game into disrepute.

Conviction or not, it's being dragged through the media and gives the NHL a bad reputation - The Avs should suspend him base don that alone, shouldn't require the NHL to step in.

If he does wind up convicted (even if only a misdemeanour) and they did nothing then as an organisation the Avs inadvertently condoning his actions.

Quite simply, suspend him for bringing the game into disrepute.

I hope for your sake that you are never accused of a crime you didn't commit.

Having been falsely accused in the past by a mentally unstable co-worker of intending to murder her, I'm kinda a big believer in Innocent Until Proven Guilty.

This is one of the dumbest things I have read on this forum.

Please think before you type. YOU are giving hockey fans a bad reputation by typing things like this on a public forum.

Why is she talking about this to the media anyway.

That is my question. You'd think that her lawyer would have advised her against it. She's either not very bright about it or the Russian justice system is very different from ours. Either way, you don't go about giving interviews if the case is not settled.

Of course, her agent might have advised her to talk. Who knows? It is free publicity, and that would be something an agent might try to exploit.

Perhaps this is a problem with American Sports then and something I can't wrap my head around.

In Australian Professional sports (and other leagues around the world i'm sure) if someone goes out drinking and is seen to be misbehaving they are promptly suspended or fired for doing so because it makes the league look bad.

Domestic Violence is an absolute no-go, whether it proves to be factual or not. They counsel the player they make sure they are doing OK they look after the family who is also impacted and they suspend them till they get their life in order. Often time sits the player themselves that is embarassed and volunteers to step down.

Guilty or not, it's a distraction for the team which is where my opinion on suspension comes form. You can suspend someone and still pay them.

To insult me for having an opinion on this is equally disgusting though I do apologize to any of you who have dealt with this in there own personal life's as that is horrendous. Though I imagine you are not professional athletes that kids look up to... this is my issue with the situation and the league/club is seemingly turning a blind eye to it which bothers me.

Edited by metalkorn

To insult me for having an opinion on this is equally disgusting though

Nobody insulted you. I said your statement was dumb.

In case you forgot or don't want to look up to see what you said, you stated he should be suspended regardless of whether he is convicted or not simply because the sensationalistic media (whose only purpose is to drum up controversy) has decided they have already convicted him with zero evidence or knowledge of the actual case.

Nobody insulted you. I said your statement was dumb.

In case you forgot or don't want to look up to see what you said, you stated he should be suspended regardless of whether he is convicted or not simply because the sensationalistic media (whose only purpose is to drum up controversy) has decided they have already convicted him with zero evidence or knowledge of the actual case.

You called the statement one of the dumbest things you've read on the forums. Sure it's technically about the statement but obviously also insults the person who made it.

If you disagree with the someone's post, you can argue against their point without the value judgement of its worthiness.

Now let's please stick to the topic at hand. If people can't discuss the case without being civil towards one another, this thread will be locked.

It's actually not unheard of for people to be suspended whilst an investigation is on-going, especially if they're in the public eye. It helps the organization go on without having the distraction of the person in question being there, and it makes them look as if they're "doing something", which is important.

Suspension with pay is not the end of the world.

One good friend of my dad's had to take early retirement due to false allegations, but another one was guilty as sin and it was good that they got rid of him when they did. I guess there's no sight like hindsight.

In sports, they're already in the limelight. This isn't a case of a nobody suddenly becoming a household name solely because of the accusations.

No good comes out of things like this regardless of what happened, what is happening, and what will happen.

From The Score:

Ilya Kovalchuk has deemed it necessary to comment on countryman Semyon Varlamov's legal troubles.

The SKA St. Petersburg forward tells R-Sport that fellow Russian hockey players "are all supporting" Varlamov, adding he hopes reconciliation is possible.

I hope to God it all pans out well and maybe he can somehow reach an agreement with his princess and finally she’d be given a green card, which she really wants.

Never saw this coming. I could be wrong, but I don't you can use "God" as a character reference on the application for permanent residency.

From The Score:

Never saw this coming. I could be wrong, but I don't you can use "God" as a character reference on the application for permanent residency.

I think Ilya has a misplaced antecedent. Pretty sure the "he" who needs to reach an agreement with the lady is Varlomov.

Good grammatical catch, though.

From The Score:

by God, kovi likely meant Mr. Obama and by 'princess' his aunt ? :)