126 replies to this topic

#61 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

You're kidding, right?

If that was the case, she's get 2 minutes for Too Many Men and he'd get 2 minute for Third Man In and they'd just cancel each other out and go on with their lives.

:lol:

I snorted falafel, if that's possible.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#62 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

You're kidding, right?

If that was the case, she's get 2 minutes for Too Many Men and he'd get 2 minute for Third Man In and they'd just cancel each other out and go on with their lives.

To be honest with you, this is coming from Avs/Nordiques connection and we should have more info next week. As speculation it makes sense.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#63 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Innocent until proven guilty but Tyutin's comments are pretty brutal

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#64 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

What's simply amazing is a lot of the Russian media and politicians saying that this was a setup and that the U.S. Is trying to keep Varlamov out of the Olympics.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#65 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:33 PM

What's simply amazing is a lot of the Russian media and politicians saying that this was a setup and that the U.S. Is trying to keep Varlamov out of the Olympics.

If by "a lot" you mean one (1) idiot MP, and by "media" all the Russian papers that scoffed at him for saying that, then OK.

One might gain prospective if one considers the idiotic/politically motivated things that regularly come out of the mouths of US members of Congress, before reacting to the same coming out of a foreign parliament member.

#66 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

If by "a lot" you mean one (1) idiot MP, and by "media" all the Russian papers that scoffed at him for saying that, then OK.

One might gain prospective if one considers the idiotic/politically motivated things that regularly come out of the mouths of US members of Congress, before reacting to the same coming out of a foreign parliament member.

It wasn't just one and when the main Russian news station keeps repeating it and doesn't discount the comment, it gives it credence wether it's one moron saying it or everyone. And dude I was born there so I have plenty of perspective about what the Russian government or the government controlled media say.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#67 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

It wasn't just one and when the main Russian news station keeps repeating it and doesn't discount the comment, it gives it credence wether it's one moron saying it or everyone. And dude I was born there so I have plenty of perspective about what the Russian government or the government controlled media say.

Noone of consequence repeated this rubbish, and nobody takes (or should take) Perviy kanal seriously.

And as you might have guessed from my nick, I am also far from home.

#68 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Noone of consequence repeated this rubbish, and nobody takes (or should take) Perviy kanal seriously.

And as you might have guessed from my nick, I am also far from home.

I agree they nobody should take Perviy kanal seriously and I also know that the common people and anyone with half a brain never believed the comments. But whether we like it or not Perviy kanal is kinda the face of Russian news around the world and it just bugs me that this garbage gets spewed out into the universe. As should you because it makes us look bad.

#69 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

I agree they nobody should take Perviy kanal seriously and I also know that the common people and anyone with half a brain never believed the comments. But whether we like it or not Perviy kanal is kinda the face of Russian news around the world and it just bugs me that this garbage gets spewed out into the universe. As should you because it makes us look bad.

Sorry guys but on an international stage, "Russian news" lost it's credibility a while ago.  

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#70 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

Sorry guys but on an international stage, "Russian news" lost it's credibility a while ago.  

Not talking about credibility more about the incoherence that comes out of peoples mouths.

#71 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:55 PM

Not talking about credibility more about the incoherence that comes out of peoples mouths.

One is a result/bi-product of the other.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#72 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

I disagree. In Soviet times TV lied way more professionally and convincingly and as a result was taken seriously in more places than it is now. However, it still had no credibility over here. So one does not necessarily flow from the other.

It does not make me look bad. Just like when Speaker Boehner says something stupid or hypocritical, it need not make all Ohioans look bad. Those guys in politics represent themselves first and foremost. So I feel no responsibility or their behavior.

#73 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Yeah, but you can say that about anything. I'm still shocked that Don Cherry has any credibility left with anyone.

#74 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:14 PM

I disagree. In Soviet times TV lied way more professionally and convincingly and as a result was taken seriously in more places than it is now. However, it still had no credibility over here. So one does not necessarily flow from the other.

It does not make me look bad. Just like when Speaker Boehner says something stupid or hypocritical, it need not make all Ohioans look bad. Those guys in politics represent themselves first and foremost. So I feel no responsibility or their behavior.

If speaker Boehner or Obama come out saying that Russia passed the anti *** rights bill just so that US Olympians can't come to the Olympic Games I'd be all over that too. But no one in their right minds would say that and CNN would definitely not cover it like it was a plot. Political climate all over the world are different and politicians do cater to their constituents which in its own right is kinda sad. But if we wanted to discuss world politics I'm sure we would be in a different forum. With my first post I was simply pointing out the coverage this situation was getting in Russia. Whether politically motivated or not the comments got more attention than they deserved.

#75 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

In what world is your credibility not based on what you do, say and think?  That's entirely what you base credibility on.

Vince Lombardi

#76 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

In what world is your credibility not based on what you do, say and think?  That's entirely what you base credibility on.

In real life your credibility is based on what you've done historically. Not recently. If Brezhnev said that the sun rises in the east, American politicians and media would have found something to dispute or denounce. And the other way around for Reagan. 

Basically, whatever Russian politicos or media say or do, right or wrong, it is suspect in American eyes because of the history. I don't mean that to denigrate the US, they certainly have enough justification. But it is a fact of life.

If speaker Boehner or Obama come out saying that Russia passed the anti *** rights bill just so that US Olympians can't come to the Olympic Games I'd be all over that too. But no one in their right minds would say that and CNN would definitely not cover it like it was a plot. Political climate all over the world are different and politicians do cater to their constituents which in its own right is kinda sad. But if we wanted to discuss world politics I'm sure we would be in a different forum. With my first post I was simply pointing out the coverage this situation was getting in Russia. Whether politically motivated or not the comments got more attention than they deserved.

I totally agree with your last sentence. I just would encourage you not to assume responsibility for whatever Russian gov't or media do. You a Russian but you are not responsible for some a-*ole or bigoted fool just because they also happen to be Russian.You'll save a lot of nerve cells that way.

Decent people of all nations, unite!

#77 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

nvm

Edited by sleepwalker, 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#78 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Pick a news station, whether its cnn or fox or msnbc or any other news station that you watch, neither one of them would give credence to such a report which was part of my statement. It would be reported but dismissed as a conspiracy theory even if they cover it 24/7. They would not keep passing it off as fact just another conspiracy theory and the person saying it would get clobbered non-stop. And please In the future if you decide to quote me don't just pick out the statements that suit you, quote the entire post in context.

Edited by wings87, 12 November 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#79 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

nevermind. 

this isn't the place to be talking about this kind of thing.

Edited by sleepwalker, 12 November 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#80 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

nevermind. 

this isn't the place to be talking about this kind of thing.

That we can agree on, and sorry wasn't trying to be an ass.