• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

11/1 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Flames 3

Rate this topic

No to mention Hudler has more points than anyone on the Wings, and has played one less game.

ouch.

I would love to see Hudler play head to head against the Sedins and shut them down like Pavs and Hank did, and still put up solid amount of points in the process as they have so far this season.

I know, let's trade Datsyuk + Zetterberg for Monohan + Hudler.

I would love to see Hudler play head to head against the Sedins and shut them down like Pavs and Hank did, and still put up solid amount of points in the process as they have so far this season.

Do I really have to put disclaimers after a statement like that?

Obviously they fulfill different roles. Obviously I'm not saying we should go get Hudler. But Jiri Friggin Hudler has more points than anyone on the Detroit Red Wings.

No matter how you slice it, that speaks to how offensively crippled this team is right now.

@HeleneStJames: Calgary coach Bob Hartley praises #RedWings organization, says product Jiri Hudler is Flames' 'best forward' http://t.co/cHPxcf2f8U

Well then.

Hopefully we can show the Flames tonight why Jiri Hudler was NOT our best forward by providing them with great deals of experiential data in the form of Biscuits in Baskets.

I would love to see some chemistry start to form tonight and I would also love to see someone get Kronwalled. Please and thank you. Bonus butt pats for Kronner if he does it to Happy Huds. :lol:

@HeleneStJames: Calgary coach Bob Hartley praises #RedWings organization, says product Jiri Hudler is Flames' 'best forward' http://t.co/cHPxcf2f8U

Well then.

Hopefully we can show the Flames tonight why Jiri Hudler was NOT our best forward by providing them with great deals of experiential data in the form of Biscuits in Baskets.

I would love to see some chemistry start to form tonight and I would also love to see someone get Kronwalled. Please and thank you. Bonus butt pats for Kronner if he does it to Happy Huds. :lol:

If Kronner kronwalls Hudler, it would be like rhe Hercules Check in NHL13 where if you hip check a guy just right he'd fly over the glass. Come to think of it, that would be pretty neat to see. ;)

I like the idea of the Wings reversing last season's trend with the Flames and just kicking the living snot out of them on the scoreboard. I'm going to be greedy and hope for double digits. Pavs with 6 assists and a goal, Z with a hat trick. DeKeyser and Kronwall with a goal and multiple assists. Mule plays like Mule and not Ass and gets Two and Two, and Weiss finally clicks in a big way with two goals and multiple assists. Hudler gets nothing and goes -6 on the night. Ok, seriously, I know that won't happen but I have a feeling that if they get one by Joey Mac early that they will light him up for four goals and win 4-2.

Edited by TheXym

Unfortunately I was unable to watch the game after the first period. But seeing Vancouver only register 20 shots and the ginger twins get shut down and split up seems like a good start to me

I'm not exactly sure how one Sedin assisting on the other Sedin's goal counts as getting "shut down", but considering they had exactly two more points than our euro twins I'd say you're a bit off the mark.

Another one. Am I eating crazy pills? I'm no lover of the Sedins, but how exactly did they get shut down when they scored 2 of their team's three possible points? Also, why isn't anyone saying that the Sedins' shut down Dats and Z...you know...cuz they didn't score at all?

Guest Crymson

I'm not exactly sure how one Sedin assisting on the other Sedin's goal counts as getting "shut down", but considering they had exactly two more points than our euro twins I'd say you're a bit off the mark.

That goal was more the product of Quincey's ineptitude than the Sedins' skill.

That goal was more the product of Quincey's ineptitude than the Sedins' skill.

I'm not here to go on and on about their skill, to be honest I'm not nearly as impressed with them as most people are. My only point is that you can't really say two guys got shut down when they had a goal and assist in the game. Well you can say it, but in the same breath you've got to then say that the Sedins extra, super, duper, megaman shut down our superstars (based on the fact that our big guns accounted for zero points).

I played with someone who played under Hartley for a bit. I remember him saying, "He talks really weird. 'Get your balls out of your mouth, eh.'" Obviously, the way he said it doesn't come through here, but I assure you it was hilarious. Still makes me laugh when I think about it. :lol:

Do I really have to put disclaimers after a statement like that?

Obviously they fulfill different roles. Obviously I'm not saying we should go get Hudler. But Jiri Friggin Hudler has more points than anyone on the Detroit Red Wings.

And that is what upset me about him leaving - he left right when he was starting to really cut his teeth offensively. Love my Hudler, damn you Flames!

No Tootoo...

Francine on the 2nd line with Cleary...

Now there's a blowfest waiting to happen.

Edited by RaisedOnHockeytown