456 replies to this topic

#441 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m

Babcock said Franzen was sick and feeling nauseous, that's why he left after 2 periods.

Was it because it was watching Cleary play?

(couldn't resist)

#442 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive 5m

Babcock said Franzen was sick and feeling nauseous, that's why he left after 2 periods.

Now he knows how most LGW members feel about him.

#443 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

I can't believe we scored more than three goals.

Watching highlights on NHL Tonight. Flyers get blown out and goon it up. Emery fought Holby.

Edited by Dabura, 02 November 2013 - 06:16 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#444 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,863 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Watching highlights on NHL Tonight. Flyers get blown out and good it up. Emery fought Holby.

I can't believe how far they've fallen from last season.  Its unbelievable.

#445 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Watching highlights on NHL Tonight. Flyers get blown out and good it up. Emery fought Holby.

He manhandled him

#446 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I can't believe how far they've fallen from last season.  Its unbelievable.

Holmgren looked like he was crying during his presser.

Folks here in Eastern PA are. not. happy.

He manhandled him

He really did.

Holtby wanted no part of it, but Emery didn't care. Personally, I don't like that, going with a guy who doesn't want to go. Especially when it's a guy who knows how to fight (Emery) and one who doesn't (Holtby). So you win the fight. Congrats, you pounded a guy who doesn't know how to fight and didn't want to fight. Feel better about yourself now? meh

Don't Toews me, bro!

#447 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I started a thread here about the Philly Caps game rather than the GDT.

I'm guessing people will be talking about this for a bit.

http://www.letsgowin...als-line-brawl/

#448 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

Great finish to the game tonight, glad to see some of the secondary guys get on the board too. Always happy to see Joakim put some points up. Definitely looking forward to seeing number 43 on the ice tomorrow, it's been way too long since weve seen that jersey flying around the ice. Pavel was an animal out there this evening as well, although that's nothing new for him.

#449 txhoo12

txhoo12

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:56 AM

Second line was much better with Weiss than Franzen. Shame that cleary couldnt bury that one...

#450 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,561 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

Second line was much better with Weiss than Franzen. Shame that cleary couldnt bury that one...

Weiss set Cleary up beautifully twice.  Gotta be a drag for Weiss.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#451 matthewdanna

matthewdanna

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:17 AM

Weiss set Cleary up beautifully twice.  Gotta be a drag for Weiss.

Yep! You have to get at least one of those to the back of the net... very frustrating to get chances like those and not cash 'em in. 

Overall, good 3rd period... Tatar looked strong again all night.  Bert looked good... Abby finally made a shot (and put it on goal).

I think Weiss needs to eventually come back the the 2nd line... he's skating well.  Defense was solid for most part... a lot of turnovers in the 1st and 2nd tho.

Give Tatar Cleary's minutes please.

#452 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:18 AM

give me a break.

Whatever you need, but it is time for people to realize that Abdelkader is much more important to this team than many want to acknowledge. You keep fooling yourself thinking he is easily replaced.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#453 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:04 AM

Pavel celebrates the fact that its only a month into the season and we're already 7 points clear of 9th spot thanks to the sucktitude of the Metro division

1383251_538274466254624_1321492621_n.jpg

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#454 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:57 AM

Whatever you need, but it is time for people to realize that Abdelkader is much more important to this team than many want to acknowledge. You keep fooling yourself thinking he is easily replaced.

Well Abdelkader is bringing an element that's hard to replace, so I am not that surprised. Anyway, good to see them score more than two goals hopefully the DetroitRedWings can built upon that.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#455 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Any and every time I fantasize about blockbuster Red Wings trades, Abdelkader never really factors in. Not because I don't think any team would want him, but because I wouldn't want to give him up. It's a combination of him being good and the fact that we really don't have another guy like him. He's not one of a kind and sensational; there are other guys like him in the league. Some teams have more than one Abdelkader. But we only have one. So I feel he's very valuable to this team. He's the only guy who consistently mucks it up, gets his nose really dirty, crashes and bangs. And he's been generating chances for us lately, because he does what he does well.

Edited by Dabura, 02 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#456 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Any and every time I fantasize about blockbuster Red Wings trades, Abdelkader never really factors in. Not because I don't think any team would want him, but because I wouldn't want to give him up. It's a combination of him being good and the fact that we really don't have another guy like him. He's not one of a kind and sensational; there are other guys like him in the league. Some teams have more than one Abdelkader. But we only have one. So I feel he's very valuable to this team. He's the only guy who consistently mucks it up, gets his nose really dirty, crashes and bangs. And he's been generating chances for us lately, because he does what he does well.

THIS IS OUR ABDELKADER! THERE ARE MANY LIKE HIM BUT THIS ONE IS OURS!

#457 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

@georgemalik: Former Wing Joey MacDonald rewarded for losing performance by being placed on waivers http://t.co/3sqnw12FdZ

:( poor Joey Mac.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg