• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

Franzen believes he’s playing well.

Rate this topic

If Franzen really thinks he's only had two good chances then he truly isn't a goal scorer because he doesn't understand what a good chance actually is.

Apparently in his delusional mind, he thinks he scores on every chance he gets. So whatever the number of goals he has, is the number of chances he'll claim he's had...

I believe Franzen was scratched last game because of his play. It was kept quiet in the media, claimed as an injury. But this was a move by Babcock and company to get the Mule going. Now Zetterberg said he is expecting a better Mule.

They're going to be waiting because apparently Franzen didn't get the message if he's all defensive saying he's doing fine. He's just too laid back. We can excuse it if he's scoring, but he just doesn't seem to care.

He scored 2 goals in the Avs game, right after Kronwall got Kronwalled. Mule was on the ice for the hit, did anyone see the look on his face as he was standing over Kronner while he did the thirsty fish? Mule was angry, this event sparked him, he played awesome.

Perhaps if Kronwall can get knocked out every game we might see some more passion out of the donkey?

as2805.gif

While I agree that he's delusional in thinking scoring twice, on two scoring chances, in one game is being effective over a 12 game stretch, I thought he stood out at center in the few games he was moved there. He just needs to shoot the puck more and hopefully that's what he does tonight, and hopefully he gets one or more to help the team try to win.

I think for me, I have to separate "playing well" from scoring for Franzen. :lol:

Is he lighting it up? No. But I have to agree that at center, he has to work a little harder and be more aware, so in the sense of not floating around and playing with himself he has been playing better. I like him at center for that reason, and I think if he can find a motivation to get out there and play every other night then he can be effective.

Franzen is a shell of his former self, and will not ever be the same again

we will see flashes from time to time, but I think it's far too late to expect him to start producing offense at a consistent level

if he doesn't get the hint from Z's recent comment, or Babs putting him at center to FORCE him to be more engaged on the ice, then he never will(spoiler- he won't)

it reminds me of when the Oilers GM was complaining about Dustin Penner's lackadaisical play after he got his ridiculous contract, and he said something along the lines of, "Penner saw getting this contract as an end point, and he should've seen it as a starting point"

that's how I feel Franzen looks at his contract and how much effort he thinks he needs to put in, it's like he's thinking, "Hey I worked hard to get this awesome lifetime contract, now it's time to sit back and watch the money pile up"

ok maybe that's a bit much, but y'all get my point; he doesn't feel he has much to play for, he's won a Cup, he's got his money, to him the rest is gravy

and the difference between Z's contract and Franzen's contract is Z has passion for the game and loves to go out there and compete and be the best player on the ice, Franzen does not have that passion, except maybe in little tiny bursts

Guest DeGraa55

I'm still they chose to not buy Sammy out cause they're saving it for this year....franzen.

that's how I feel Franzen looks at his contract and how much effort he thinks he needs to put in, it's like he's thinking, "Hey I worked hard to get this awesome lifetime contract, now it's time to sit back and watch the money pile up"

Exactly.

That's the frustrating thing about Franzen is he has tons of potential, but doesn't seem to care whatsoever and is lazy and apathetic with that fat lifetime contract.

It's an interesting theory and his play certainly warranted it at times.

But why would they protect Franzen's feelings like that when Babcock doesn't hesitate to bench and call out anyone? Unless it's more to protect Holland and management from the ire of fans because Babs is benching a guy they have signed for 6 more seasons?

I hope he was benched. And I hope it happens more when he decides not to show up for games.

When has Babcock ever benched ANY Wings player considered to be top 9? If he had any sack at all Franzen would have been benched long ago. Cleary, Franzen and Samuelsson are a 10 million dollar bag of s***.

Franzen should have been packaged with what ever it took to get a replacement for a DEFENSEMAN.

When has Babcock ever benched ANY Wings player considered to be top 9? If he had any sack at all Franzen would have been benched long ago. Cleary, Franzen and Samuelsson are a 10 million dollar bag of s***.

Franzen should have been packaged with what ever it took to get a replacement for a DEFENSEMAN.

Didn't Hudler get sat when he was top 9? And not a forward but Ian White got sat after being the Wings #2 D-man.

Babcock's attitude about Mule seems to be the same as some people here at LGW, a half-ass Franzen is still better than most of the other options.