• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

Franzen believes he’s playing well.

Rate this topic

Maybe he has some respiratory infection? "Upper body" and all that. But then, why not say so?

I wonder if he's pulling a Sammy and just rubbing the Wings face in his lack of desire.

"Upper body" can easily be for his lack of heart..

Wanted to directly quote this:

Asked if he's sick or injured (club is calling it an upper-body injury), Franzen said, "I don't know."

Then he walked away, not wanting to comment further.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/franzen-may-be-ready-by-tuesday

Probably not as fishy as it might seem. Could be the flu, or maybe he hurt his boobs like Sammy.

Edited by Dabura

Wow... super fishy. Could it be true?! I'm giddy at the thought they actually benched him, otherwise they would never be this hush-hush. Sick, injured? Maybe both, maybe neither. Franzen doesn't even know what's wrong with him? Helm is an open book, back, groin, shoulder, knee... we know what he has for breakfast. Ericsson and Smith both get hurt and we get specifics.

If Mule is riding pine, could it be that he somehow has Holland and Babcock convinced not to say anything and keep up the injury/illness charade? This is so strange...

It could be quite conceivable. Z said he would come out flying in the next game and when he started playing poorly, he left after 2 periods and now doesn't know if he is sick of injured. It stands to reason that they could have benched him for poor play. Or he could actually just be in pain and not know if it's just a flu or he's actually injured.

Why the secrecy if he was being benched? And why bench him, regardless of what LGW thinks he hasn't been bad enough to pull him out of mid-game for poor play. Also 1 game should send the message just fine, why bench him for any longer?His faceoff success alone could help us, and not even Babcock would have Samuelsson in the lineup over a lazy Mule.

Either it's just some nagging injury/sickness that for some reason they're keeping under wraps, or there's a trade in the works, or Mule has other issues. Lots of speculation on hfboards that it's related to the anxiety issues he's struggled with in the past. Who knows, hopefully it's not serious.

It could be any number of things- benching, physical injury, illness, even possibly depression of some sort.

Any of these things could keep him out. I just hope that they figure it out and find some way to return him to being the Mule.

Why the secrecy if he was being benched? And why bench him, regardless of what LGW thinks he hasn't been bad enough to pull him out of mid-game for poor play. Also 1 game should send the message just fine, why bench him for any longer?His faceoff success alone could help us, and not even Babcock would have Samuelsson in the lineup over a lazy Mule.

Either it's just some nagging injury/sickness that for some reason they're keeping under wraps, or there's a trade in the works, or Mule has other issues. Lots of speculation on hfboards that it's related to the anxiety issues he's struggled with in the past. Who knows, hopefully it's not serious.

True.

An actual benching for poor play does seem like a stretch (even if I'd love to see it happen to him after a game where he floats).

I wondered more if it was that he was sick or something was going on, and then when he's feeling better it was a case of Babcock not changing the lineup. Though it's not like they've been on a big win streak so that seems unlikely too.

It's just so weird. I definitely hope it's not something serious.

This is purely a rumor (MODs you may want to move this post to the rumours section) but I heard that the Mule was the first to receive a scrotoplasty from Dr. Gregory Roach. It's the first, and maybe only, surgery of its kind! It's were they take the Scrotum of a Mule and transpant it on a human named Mule. Let's hope for a speedy and successfull recovery if this is true.

The more I think about it, the more I think the "mental health issues" theory has legs

* Doesn't fly out for start of road trip, but flies out for 2nd game.

* Zetterberg and his "when Mule comes back he's going to be amazeballs! We love ya big guy!" comments

* Plays 2 periods but leaves feeling "nauseous"

* Dropped from line-up, team says he's injured, but continues to practise

* No-one knows when he's due back

* No-one knows what the injury is

* Tame questioning by local media (who have probably been briefed off the record)

* Babcock's refusal to bench him or criticise him beyond "He can be as good as he wants to be"

Of course, I could be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but if true the best thing for him and the Wings is to LTIR him for the rest of the season, send him back to Sweden and compliance buy out in the summer.

You're right. It does sort of tie everything together. But I still don't get why it'd hit him now and not during any of his other 8 years of performing in front of 20,000 people, plus national audiences, plus playoffs. But I don't really understand mental health issues in great detail.

And the fact that it hit him so hard, I'm wondering if there's a great deal of depression or something with it it, too. Whatever it is, it must have been building up to this point and now it just burst.

Can anyone remember what could have happened when he left in the second period of that game he left? Was he playing bad or anything?

The more I think about it, the more I think the "mental health issues" theory has legs

* Doesn't fly out for start of road trip, but flies out for 2nd game.

* Zetterberg and his "when Mule comes back he's going to be amazeballs! We love ya big guy!" comments

* Plays 2 periods but leaves feeling "nauseous"

* Dropped from line-up, team says he's injured, but continues to practise

* No-one knows when he's due back

* No-one knows what the injury is

* Tame questioning by local media (who have probably been briefed off the record)

* Babcock's refusal to bench him or criticise him beyond "He can be as good as he wants to be"

Of course, I could be putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 5, but if true the best thing for him and the Wings is to LTIR him for the rest of the season, send him back to Sweden and compliance buy out in the summer.

He did have some head injuries too earlier in his career. Now days we're learning more and more just how fragile the brain is and how much of an impact even small blows to the head can be. Someone posted above something of anxiety. The prescription pills they assign to people with anxiety now days, they make you relaxed, somewhat disinterested or cautious.. ala "Franzen is lazy and he sucks"