• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Should be Fedorov or Kronwall or Hasek or Ozzie or Howard. Or Hudler.

"Liked" for the or Hudler :P

Maybe if we take mule down he'll hear about it and start playing better.... LGW has that kind of influence on the wings right?

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:46 AM

I believe Franzen was scratched last game because of his play.  It was kept quiet in the media, claimed as an injury.  But this was a move by Babcock and company to get the Mule going.  Now Zetterberg said he is expecting a better Mule.

I like this idea, but I think if we're going to go the it-wasn't-an-injury route, "personal matters" might be a slightly more plausible explanation. Why? Because, as far we know, he didn't travel with the team to Vancouver and wasn't at the game. Isn't it sort of expected that healthy scratches will be there at the game, hanging around the team? Unless they just really wanted to keep this hush-hush and therefore didn't want a healthy-looking Franzen roaming around Rogers Arena, or something like that.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

This guy drives me nuts!! He has everything it takes to be a legit Power forward except for the heart... Have a read:

http://www.mlive.com...rberg_sa_2.html

Despite the lack of production, Franzen believes he’s playing well.

“I feel really effective, actually,’’ he said. “I had two good chances and scored on both of them this year, so it feels pretty good, actually.’’

What a joke

2 good scoring chances in 13 games?  WTF Franzen?  You're right that is a joke.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#24 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

I believe Franzen was scratched last game because of his play.  It was kept quiet in the media, claimed as an injury.  But this was a move by Babcock and company to get the Mule going.  Now Zetterberg said he is expecting a better Mule.

It's an interesting theory and his play certainly warranted it at times. 

But why would they protect Franzen's feelings like that when Babcock doesn't hesitate to bench and call out anyone?  Unless it's more to protect Holland and management from the ire of fans because Babs is benching a guy they have signed for 6 more seasons?

I hope he was benched.  And I hope it happens more when he decides not to show up for games.

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

This has been bothering me for a long time, is it just me?  Everytime I come on here I look at his face amongst all the other Wings' greats.  I'm okay with Datsyuk and Zetterberg being there, they are the current faces of the frachise and are worthy....but Franzen, to me, just looks so out of place.

Yeah that needs to go and Kronwall needs to be represented on Mount Wingmore.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#26 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

If Franzen really thinks he's only had two good chances then he truly isn't a goal scorer because he doesn't understand what a good chance actually is.

Apparently in his delusional mind, he thinks he scores on every chance he gets.  So whatever the number of goals he has, is the number of chances he'll claim he's had...

#27 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

THere's a weird line in the article where Zetterberg says "Obviously, had a long day already, but he’s going to be fired up tomorrow.’’ This could refer to being scratched. But, of course, it could just refer to him flying from Detroit.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 01 November 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#28 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

They're going to be waiting because apparently Franzen didn't get the message if he's all defensive saying he's doing fine.  He's just too laid back.  We can excuse it if he's scoring, but he just doesn't seem to care.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#29 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Could've had Hossa.

This is the worst part. Even when Hoss isn't scoring he is wicked defensively.

#30 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

He scored 2 goals in the Avs game, right after Kronwall got Kronwalled.  Mule was on the ice for the hit, did anyone see the look on his face as he was standing over Kronner while he did the thirsty fish?  Mule was angry, this event sparked him, he played awesome.

Perhaps if Kronwall can get knocked out every game we might see some more passion out of the donkey?

as2805.gif

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,060 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is the worst part. Even when Hoss isn't scoring he is wicked defensively.

And fast as hell. (We are, generally, slow as hell.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

what an idiot.  this is what drives me nuts about him.  it's almost like he's rubbing his piss poor play in our face with his cocky attitude.

naked is a state of mind

#33 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

i think hes been a lot more noticeable playing center. so i do not disagree 

#34 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

While I agree that he's delusional in thinking scoring twice, on two scoring chances, in one game is being effective over a 12 game stretch, I thought he stood out at center in the few games he was moved there. He just needs to shoot the puck more and hopefully that's what he does tonight, and hopefully he gets one or more to help the team try to win.

#35 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

He is better at center. It's that he seems so damn cocky and fine with his pay when we all know he can do better if he tried.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#36 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:14 PM

I think for me, I have to separate "playing well" from scoring for Franzen. :lol:

Is he lighting it up? No. But I have to agree that at center, he has to work a little harder and be more aware, so in the sense of not floating around and playing with himself he has been playing better. I like him at center for that reason, and I think if he can find a motivation to get out there and play every other night then he can be effective.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,727 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

When I read the OP's post, I thought he was joking.  

Can't believe Franzen would actually say that.  Even Cleary must have been shaking his head in the locker room.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

Franzen has been playing hard the last few games. Points weren't coming up but they will. Having him play center can hopefully keep him engaged game in game out

#39 fixxxer

fixxxer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:13 PM

Keeping him scratched won't lite a fire under his ass. He's a useless hockey player instead of scratching him they should send him a one way ticket back to Sweden! Good riddance donkey!

#40 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Then he can take his '2 good chances' and go to the third line while Tatar can get a promotion to create more then '2 good chances'.