92 replies to this topic

#41 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Franzen is a shell of his former self, and will not ever be the same again

we will see flashes from time to time, but I think it's far too late to expect him to start producing offense at a consistent level

if he doesn't get the hint from Z's recent comment, or Babs putting him at center to FORCE him to be more engaged on the ice, then he never will(spoiler- he won't)

it reminds me of when the Oilers GM was complaining about Dustin Penner's lackadaisical play after he got his ridiculous contract, and he said something along the lines of, "Penner saw getting this contract as an end point, and he should've seen it as a starting point"

that's how I feel Franzen looks at his contract and how much effort he thinks he needs to put in, it's like he's thinking, "Hey I worked hard to get this awesome lifetime contract, now it's time to sit back and watch the money pile up"

ok maybe that's a bit much, but y'all get my point; he doesn't feel he has much to play for, he's won a Cup, he's got his money, to him the rest is gravy

and the difference between Z's contract and Franzen's contract is Z has passion for the game and loves to go out there and compete and be the best player on the ice, Franzen does not have that passion, except maybe in little tiny bursts

#42 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Franzens contract is fine but if he doesn't pick it up the DetroitRedWings are going to buy him out.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#43 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I'm still they chose to not buy Sammy out cause they're saving it for this year....franzen.

#44 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:54 PM

that's how I feel Franzen looks at his contract and how much effort he thinks he needs to put in, it's like he's thinking, "Hey I worked hard to get this awesome lifetime contract, now it's time to sit back and watch the money pile up"

Exactly.

That's the frustrating thing about Franzen is he has tons of potential, but doesn't seem to care whatsoever and is lazy and apathetic with that fat lifetime contract. 

#45 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Franzens contract is fine but if he doesn't pick it up the DetroitRedWings are going to buy him out.

I really hope they do. His contract while playing isn't so bad but the cap redemption thing would kill us when he retires early.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

Holland? Buy out Franzen? Does anyone really believe that'd ever happen? I mean, sure, maybe if he finishes a season with, like, ten points.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

When I hear or read the word "believe", I only associate it with one player.

And it sure as hell isn't Franzen.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#48 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

It's an interesting theory and his play certainly warranted it at times. 

But why would they protect Franzen's feelings like that when Babcock doesn't hesitate to bench and call out anyone?  Unless it's more to protect Holland and management from the ire of fans because Babs is benching a guy they have signed for 6 more seasons?

I hope he was benched.  And I hope it happens more when he decides not to show up for games.

When has Babcock ever benched ANY Wings player considered to be top 9?  If he had any sack at all Franzen would have been benched long ago. Cleary, Franzen and Samuelsson are a 10 million dollar bag of s***.

Franzen should have been packaged with what ever it took to get a replacement for a DEFENSEMAN.

#49 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

When has Babcock ever benched ANY Wings player considered to be top 9?  If he had any sack at all Franzen would have been benched long ago. Cleary, Franzen and Samuelsson are a 10 million dollar bag of s***.

Franzen should have been packaged with what ever it took to get a replacement for a DEFENSEMAN.

Didn't Hudler get sat when he was top 9?  And not a forward but Ian White got sat after being the Wings #2 D-man.

Babcock's attitude about Mule seems to be the same as some people here at LGW, a half-ass Franzen is still better than most of the other options.

#50 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

I agree and would vote in favor of a change to the LGW masthead picture.  Regardless of whatever kind of career Franzen has for the rest of his playing days. 

I feel like it should be Helm even though he hasn't played in a while or Howie

#51 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

I agree and would vote in favor of a change to the LGW masthead picture.  Regardless of whatever kind of career Franzen has for the rest of his playing days. 

I feel like it should be Helm even though he hasn't played in a while or Howie.

I've wondered why franzen is on there.....IMO it should the C and two As. And Howie!

#52 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

He looked much improved in the third period tonight

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#53 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

Any word on if he was actually injured or did Babs kick his ass back to the locker room last night?

#54 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

got to be a cold I mean that really kicks ya especially if your  FLOATER

Edited by sjr2012, 02 November 2013 - 12:38 PM.

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#55 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:06 PM

Holland? Buy out Franzen? Does anyone really believe that'd ever happen? I mean, sure, maybe if he finishes a season with, like, ten points.

He should buy him out. It wont happen though because that would mean Holland would have to admit it was a mistake to sign him to that contract over Hossa. You cant even get Holland to admit his signing of Sammy was a major mistake so theres no chance he would do so with a long time contract with Franzen.

#56 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

He must not be having much fun.

#57 brandon27

brandon27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

What a joke.  I'd rather see Tatar playing every night instead of this lazy clown.

Posted Image

#58 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

Someone (Alfredsson?  Zetterberg?  Kronwall?) needs to tell Franzen to keep his stinkin' mouth SHUT.

#59 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

uhhh have you seen this guy's table tennis serve?  He's playing phenomenally! 

edit: oh we're talking hockey..

Edited by Echolalia, 02 November 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#60 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

Franzen seems to really play well for Team Sweden, even when he's floating around with the Winged Wheel on. 

Which begs the question....will he come back alive if Team Sweden does well in the Olympics?