• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,861 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

I know where you're coming from Dobbles, its just poor terminology when people refer to a "true #1 d-man", when they actually mean elite/HOF quality.  There are only about 3 active players that fit their criteria who are either elite offensively and very good defensively (or vice-versa) and if you're elite at both your name is Nick Lidstrom, Ray Bourque or Bobby Orr.

Kronwall is good to very good at both ends of the rink but is neither elite defensively (eg Chara, Webber) or elite offensively (eg Subban, Karlsson) to push him into that top-10.  He's in that next group down in the 10-20 ranking.

What annoys me is people don't apply the same strict criteria to other positions.  Where Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos are the only "true #1 centres" in the NHL.

I might be in the minority here, but I think Chara is one of the most overrated defensman in the league. 

#22 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Nick has been great, I just wish that Holland would get a solid stay at home defenceman to pair with him so Nick can roam free and show off his offensive game more.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#23 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

I love me some Kronwall. He's been there when we needed him most this year. He's solid night in and night out and manages to put up points consistently. He also manages to take up a lot of my time when I get lost on youtube watching people get Kronwalled over and over again

#24 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

hell yeah I love me some #55 Kronwall you're a beauty

#25 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

I might be in the minority here, but I think Chara is one of the most overrated defensman in the league. 

I couldn't agree more. If the guy wasn't so big people wouldn't give him a second look.

#26 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

Did I read correctly the graphic last night during the game that said Kronner leads the league with a +14?

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

Did I read correctly the graphic last night during the game that said Kronner leads the league with a +14?

Awesome if true.

I have no complaints about #55. He's a great #1. He's not The Problem with our blue line. That would be the fact that there's a pretty big drop-off after Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

It sure would be nice if someone who loved me would upload tonight's Wingspan episode...it's all about a certain Red Wing who may or may not be a legit #1 defenseman depending on who you ask...

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#29 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

It sure would be nice if someone who loved me would upload tonight's Wingspan episode...it's all about a certain Red Wing who may or may not be a legit #1 defenseman depending on who you ask...

:lol:

Preview Link

They might also post it there once it airs.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#30 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

miniKronner.jpg

Time flies when you're crushing bones.

#31 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

@RedWingsFeed: Kronwall goes quietly about his business: BUFFALO, N.Y. For the last seven... http://t.co/ryZ4t5L81b via @DetroitRedWings #NHL #RedWings

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#32 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Girgensens got 8 goals this season but he walked right around our so called #1 Dman like he was Jonathan Toews. Ouch.

#33 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

Girgensens got 8 goals this season but he walked right around our so called #1 Dman like he was Jonathan Toews. Ouch.

Appreciation thread?

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#34 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Was a little rough game for Kronner tonight, but as long as he gets it up for tomorrow night...

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#35 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:47 PM

Appreciation thread?

Did you appreciate the two lazy missed poke checks on that goal when he should have just stood him up and been done with it?

#36 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,647 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:59 PM

TrafficCone.jpg

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#37 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,959 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:00 PM

Oh FFS guys...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#38 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:20 PM

Kronwall getting hate? Only on LGW.

#39 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:40 PM

It was still residual effects of that hit he took in our end.  He had temporary amnesia and thought his name was Kyle Quincey! :P

#40 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,876 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

He wasn't right after that hit.  He wasn't holding the puck in like he usually does.  Even I was speaking to the screen, and I'm a fan of his.

Aside from that, he's awesome.  He's a leader.  Even if he isn't Kronwalling like he did back in the day, his game is growing.  He plays intelligently.  He's deserving of an appreciation thread.