• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Philly Capitals line brawl

Rate this topic

Philly gets blown out by the Caps, an all out brawl ensues.

Emery skates the length of the ice to fight Holtby, who wants no part of him. The ref stands and watches as Emery throws haymakers at the back of Holtby's head. Unbelievable.

Emery is a nutjob and a disgrace. After the game he admitted that Holtby didn't want to fight him. Emery said he told him to protect himself, and that Holtby didn't have a choice.

Downie left the game on a stretcher with a concussion from the fight. Lecavalier left the game with a facial injury from his fight.

Just when you thought Philly couldn't be more of a joke right now.

What a joke. Flyers get embarrassed on the ice, try to goon it up, and now they're down two players.

What a joke. Flyers get embarrassed on the ice, try to goon it up, and now they're down two players.

So sick of these type of fights, the Flyers not only embarrassed themselves with their play put twice so with their classlessness. These fights along with fights after clean hits have no place in the game. There has to be a legitimate reason for a fight, other wise it makes you look like a bunch of pu**ies. And what's with the refs not stepping in during Emrey's fight he just kept teeing off on the back to Holtby's head, that could have been really dangerous. I guess it was the NHL'S version of bum fights.

Like I said in the GDT...

I have a real problem with what Emery did (guy who knows how to fight wailing on a guy who doesn't know how to fight and doesn't want to fight). Also, Holmgren looked like he was crying in the presser. I wonder if his seat is getting just a wee bit warmer. Certainly the fans here in Eastern PA are thoroughly disgusted with the way things are going.

I say we should trade for Giroux.

I watched Emery's post game presser on the Flyers site to make sure I heard him correctly. When asked about Holtby he says:

"He didn't want to fight and I said basically 'protect yourself' or whatever, ya know. He didn't really have much of a choice."

http://flyers.nhl.com

To make it even more interesting, apparently Holmgren went down to talk to the team between periods. Not too far into the 3rd period, all hell breaks loose.

I watched Emery's post game presser on the Flyers site to make sure I heard him correctly. When asked about Holtby he says:

"He didn't want to fight and I said basically 'protect yourself' or whatever, ya know. He didn't really have much of a choice."

http://flyers.nhl.com

To make it even more interesting, apparently Holmgren went down to talk to the team between periods. Not too far into the 3rd period, all hell breaks loose.

Hey Shanny how about a suspension for Emery, what a tool. Edited by wings87

They can't ban Emery for fighting. The Don Cherrys in the media who are fanatically pro-fighting would lose their minds. FYI, I want to keep fighting in the game, but this was a couple steps below assault (in a legal sense).

Karma got the Flyers though. That punk Downie ate a great punch and hopefully Cashgrabvalier is out too.

Good time to give that whole punish-the-coaches-and-managers idea thing a whirl?

Wow. Man that'd be awesome.

You're damn right it would!

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid. Wanna know the best way to get fighting out of the game? Make sure every fight is pointless (Orr vs. Parros) or barbaric (Emery vs. Holtby). Not a single fight in this very short NHL season has been necessary.

As a matter of fact, wanna know what fight would have been necessary? The one where some Washington goon went out to protect his goalie who was getting pummeled by Ray Emery and didn't want to fight. What's that? Such a fight never happened? I rest my case.

Guest DeGraa55

I'm all for fighting and everything was fine at first IMO. But once holtby was down it shoukdve been done. Emery continued to hit the back of his head and the ref didn't help. Imo the ref and emery should get suspensions.

Also in the next game I fully expect emery to be ready to handle a little bit better of a fighter next time. He def. Went to far and should be dealt with accordingly.

I'm all for fighting and everything was fine at first IMO. But once holtby was down it shoukdve been done. Emery continued to hit the back of his head and the ref didn't help. Imo the ref and emery should get suspensions.

Also in the next game I fully expect emery to be ready to handle a little bit better of a fighter next time. He def. Went to far and should be dealt with accordingly.

So your only is problem is that Holtby got beat up TOO BAD? You don't think it's a little silly that he had to fight at all, considering he didn't start anything, nothing illegal happened, and he didn't want to do it in the first place?

Why should Holtby get punched, even one time, because Philadelphia can't play defense? They should let Emery punch the Philly defense, and if that doesn't work then punch Berube...and then Holmgren.

This is stupid.

Absolutely disgusting.

I've always been on the record as being totally against the "getting blown out so start a fight mentality". You suck, take it like a man, and go out and try harder next time.

But this is a new low, and of course it has to be Philly. Their management, fans and media have created this culture and mindset. Coach, GM and Emery all deserve fines and suspensions. The asshat journalist who made Emery 3rd star also deserves to be suspended, but as they self-righteously never cease to remind us, journalists believe themselves above criticism and beyond the law.

If you watch Schenn was picking a fight with Urbom, he reaches over and grabs Urbom's helmet strap to whip it off his head (which it did) and then started throwing. I mean, I know fighters try to rip each other's lid off, lesser chance of breaking a hand. However, it seems to me that this action is on the same level as something similar to a sucker punch. They were in each others face and chirping but in a split second he flips the lid and starts wailing when it seemed like Urbom didn't want to fully thrown down. Just an observation.

According to Paul HOlmgren Berube is a no BS kind of guy? The funny thing is, the Flyers also lost the fights, minus the thug who shouldn't even be in the league (made it even easier to hate the Hawks and now Flyers): Downie conussion, Lecalvalier facial injury...the only guy I am giving kudos is Brayden Schenn not a fighter but just tried to mix it up too that takes balls.

I am sure Carter and Richards are nowadays extremely happy with being out of this gongshow, introduced with Holmgren and Snider. If they are stupid enough to trade Giroux, Kenny has to be all over this the guy has generational talent and is still fairly young.

Edited by frankgrimes

Philly gets blown out by the Caps, an all out brawl ensues.

Emery skates the length of the ice to fight Holtby, who wants no part of him. The ref stands and watches as Emery throws haymakers at the back of Holtby's head. Unbelievable.

Emery is a nutjob and a disgrace. After the game he admitted that Holtby didn't want to fight him. Emery said he told him to protect himself, and that Holtby didn't have a choice.

Downie left the game on a stretcher with a concussion from the fight. Lecavalier left the game with a facial injury from his fight.

Just when you thought Philly couldn't be more of a joke right now.

Damn old time hockey and I missed it.