• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

11/2 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Oilers 0

Rate this topic

Because he's a damn good hockey player, that deserves to be an everyday player on this team... or he's going to be a start elsewhere, rather than here.

Absolutely agree. Tatar has really clicked with Abby and Andersson too the past few games. I'm fine with a third line role for now -- Nyquist and Brunner flourished there with Andersson and Tatar can do the same. I don't see Tatar being scratched any time soon again with the way he has been playing.

Absolutely agree. Tatar has really clicked with Abby and Andersson too the past few games. I'm fine with a third line role for now -- Nyquist and Brunner flourished there with Andersson and Tatar can do the same. I don't see Tatar being scratched any time soon again with the way he has been playing.

If he does get benched anytime soon then we've got some serious other questions to answer.

and that question would be "Why oh lord do Kenny and Babs keep coddling our washed up vets?"

same here

Well, in a way I get it... we like to play solid, winning hockey. Young players make mistakes. Let them learn in the system the right way, our way, and let them ripen. To do that, you have to hang onto the vets who know the system, you know limit the mistakes. Young guys are always going to make the mistakes, we want to limit that. However I agree, at some point in time... you need to move on. That time is now, actually it was last year IMO for some of these older guys on the roster, and these young guys ready to move it on up, before we loose them.

Well, in a way I get it... we like to play solid, winning hockey. Young players make mistakes. Let them learn in the system the right way, our way, and let them ripen. To do that, you have to hang onto the vets who know the system, you know limit the mistakes. Young guys are always going to make the mistakes, we want to limit that. However I agree, at some point in time... you need to move on. That time is now, actually it was last year IMO for some of these older guys on the roster, and these young guys ready to move it on up, before we loose them.

it is a delicate balance that needs to be maintained, indeed