• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

11/2 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Oilers 0

Rate this topic

Congrats to Petr Mrazek on his first NHL shut-out. Am I the only one who hears his name in Blashill's voice announcing the line-ups, after the Griffins film of their Calder Cup run?

1391500_10151800297799139_1421771364_n.j

In other news, the Edmonton Oilers are really, really bad.

Helm gets the game winner 5 minutes in, Tatar scores after that, Mraz gets his 1st career shutout…..and I didn't get to watch any of it cause CBC had the Habs/Avs game on and Gamecenter couldn't play the Wings/Oil game cause CBC had exclusive rights. Assholes! I guess I'll watch the highlights now and I sent Gamecenter a nastygram last night cause I'm still pissed.

Alfredsson makes beautiful passes and Tatar will never sit again.

Crazy thought... How would people feel about a Mrazek for Yakupov trade... Perhaps with some spare parts along for the ride but those two being the key players swapping sides?

I wouldnt want Yakupov for a bag of pucks let alone Mrazek. Yakupov is trouble.

Guest Crymson

Perhaps their lack of an identity is their identity?

Totally deep, I know.

The end of the beginning is the end.

I think there would be a roster and cap crunch when Big E comes back.

It sure was a fortunate coincidence for Ericsson that his injury got bad enough that he was out of the lineup on the very day his first child was born. So while he must be in a lot of pain from a shoulder injury no one saw happen, the upside is he gets to spend a few weeks with his new baby and the Wings get some roster space from him going on LTIR right as Helm comes back.

All very fortunate coincidences I guess. :P

This guy is a total baddass

Just look at him. Total badass.

Tatar = 2 goals 1 assist in 7 games. :dance:

esteef

OK, did he or did he not get credit for that goal against the Flames? Honest question, because I really want to be able to say three goals in his last three games. I know he didn't actually touch it (it's Andersson's), but, "Three goals in his last three games." Badass. Totally badass.

This guy is a total baddass

Just look at him. Total badass.

OK, did he or did he not get credit for that goal against the Flames? Honest question, because I really want to be able to say three goals in his last three games. I know he didn't actually touch it (it's Andersson's), but, "Three goals in his last three games." Badass. Totally badass.

I think they reviewed it and are giving it to Andersson.

Guest Crymson

Ah, thanks. Well, Andy deserves it. And hey, two goals and an assist is still mighty fine for a guy who seemed to start the season in Babs' doghouse.

He was never in the doghouse. He was simply an unknown quantity in comparison to the veterans, and he needed to prove himself. I have absolutely no doubt that Babcock now considers him markedly superior to Samuelsson.

Im agreeing with what others have already said.

In such a positive blowout its now easier than ever to see who doesnt belong on this team. Cleary, Smith, Sammy. Possibly even Franzen.

I know cleary/sammy will retire before being traded but atleast send them down.

As far as franzen/smith goes Trade em, immedietly.

He was never in the doghouse.

Do I think he was? Not really. But certainly one could argue he was and has been for a little while now. We have no way of knowing for sure, though.

He was simply an unknown quantity in comparison to the veterans, and he needed to prove himself.

I agree and disagree. I think it's sort of silly to say he was an unknown quantity. Anyone who, at the very least, casually followed the Griffin's Calder run last season knew what kind of player he is, what he's about. And it's not like he had never played on the big team before (see: his brief stint last season). I agree, though, that he probably just had to give Babs one good reason to play him this season and he'd more or less be given ownership of a spot on this roster.

I guess when I say doghouse I'm thinking more big picture, long-term - specifically, the past season or two. It's no secret that Tatar has basically been "over-ripe" for a while now, which has led to questions about his true standing in the collective eyes of The Powers That Be. Personally, I believe he was ready for a regular spot last season. But that's just me.

Edited by Dabura

I want Franzen gone so badly. I'd even be happy if he started lighting it up for another team.

Also, I'm sort of expecting Babcock to say at anytime now:

"Tatar's been good. Real good. But we need to send him down to Grand Rapids to work on a few things. Helm has also been good. We will send him down for a few weeks to see what he can do in the AHL. We have a lot of veterans up front battling for a slot, so we can keep Gus in GR for a while. We're going to split up the only line that has been scoring [Pavs and Hank] to generate more scoring. But if it is a 2-2 game going into the third I will put the line back together. See ya."

Guest Crymson

I want Franzen gone so badly. I'd even be happy if he started lighting it up for another team.

Also, I'm sort of expecting Babcock to say at anytime now:

"Tatar's been good. Real good. But we need to send him down to Grand Rapids to work on a few things. Helm has also been good. We will send him down for a few weeks to see what he can do in the AHL. We have a lot of veterans up front battling for a slot, so we can keep Gus in GR for a while. We're going to split up the only line that has been scoring [Pavs and Hank] to generate more scoring. But if it is a 2-2 game going into the third I will put the line back together. See ya."

Are you actually expecting him to say that, or are you merely being snide for no reason?

Tatar can't be sent down without being exposed to waivers anyway.