• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

I totally missed this during the Vancouver game.

Zetterberg High Sticks Hamhuis, No Call

https://www.youtube....h?v=ce4m2To7Yz8

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#2 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

There was quite a bit of discussion about this on HFboards, lots of people calling for Z to receive a multi-game suspension.

For me its a clear double-minor and no more.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:35 AM

There was quite a bit of discussion about this on HFboards, lots of people calling for Z to receive a multi-game suspension.

For me its a clear double-minor and no more.

Ya double minor. Don't even know what that would be a suspension for, falling between two guys and your stick hits one?

#4 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Ya double minor. Don't even know what that would be a suspension for, falling between two guys and your stick hits one?

Much like the letter to Fraser, it was mostly just a bunch of butthurt Nucks fans finding an excuse to continue whining about Kassian's suspension.

They're insane if they really think those plays are similar.

#5 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

The comments under the TSN article are adorable. 

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#6 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

Aren't Canadians supposed to be tough what's with all the whining.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#7 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Much like the letter to Fraser, it was mostly just a bunch of butthurt Nucks fans finding an excuse to continue whining about Kassian's suspension.

They're insane if they really think those plays are similar.

Wait, what? Canucks fans whining? Never...

I think the Canucks' insufferable fanbase was the reason why so many hockey fans not affiliated with either team were rooting for the Bruins in the 2011 finals.

#8 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

All homerism aside, wasn't Zetterberg tripped by Sedin in the first place?

Keep in mind I'm watching the video on my little iPhone screen

Edit: Hell yeah, Sedin's stick hooks Zetterbergs skate turning it sideways which causes the fall in the first place.

Why hasn't anyone brought that up? What's a matter with you lazy *******?

Datsyuk on the other hand, fell down totally on his own accord, skating backwards into the boards. With no one anywhere near him. Datsyukian.

Edited by T.Low, 02 November 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#9 SensViking

SensViking

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Wait, what? Canucks fans whining? Never...

I think the Canucks' insufferable fanbase was the reason why so many hockey fans not affiliated with either team were rooting for the Bruins in the 2011 finals.

This. I'll admit I know more about the 300 km garbage stream from Japan tsunami floating towards the BC coast than I do the western conference but I had to laugh.

My Mother who is a Coyotes seasons tickets holder thought that the Bruins were a bunch of knuckle dragging mouth breathers but never once did she hold her nose and cheer for the Nucks.