• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
SensViking

Dave Bolland just got Karlsson'd

Rate this topic

Ugly hit by Kassian just took Bolland out. Another Achilles?

I'm no fan of the Leafs but my heart aches when I see stuff like this.

Is Kassian a weasel like Cooke?

You guys know the Western conference player way better than me....

Edit-Crap...Matt Kassian plays for Ottawa... I mean his brother...cousin, sister, relative, neighbor.

I just hate to see a skate drop a guy there...me loves some Karlsson.

Edited by SensViking

I don't know that Kassian has any type of reputation at all, one way or another. The Canucks keep hoping he'll develop into a talented power forward with grit, but as of yet he seems to have no real identity, mucking about on the 3rd and 4rth lines.

Edit-Crap...Matt Kassian plays for Ottawa... I mean his brother...cousin, sister, relative, neighbor.

Watched the replay and oh my gosh,.not looking good go me something is very interesting:

These sorts of accidents only happen coupled with disturbing players i.e Cooke and now Kassian, keep your damn foot down if you can't control It!

I like Holland wishing him a very speedy recovery.

Guest Crymson

Players can avoid injuries of this sort if they wear Kevlar socks and have them positioned correctly.

I personally don't think Kassian did that intentionally. If you look at the physics of the hit it looks like Kassian connected with the hit and his leg shot forward when his inner thigh made contact. Looks like an unfortunate event from natural reflexes. Kassian is a tough kid, but I don't thinks he's a cheap shot artist like Cooke was/is.

I personally don't think Kassian did that intentionally. If you look at the physics of the hit it looks like Kassian connected with the hit and his leg shot forward when his inner thigh made contact. Looks like an unfortunate event from natural reflexes. Kassian is a tough kid, but I don't thinks he's a cheap shot artist like Cooke was/is.

I also don't think so, it's just odd that stuff like this always happens between some disturbing guys and I actually like Kassian has all the tools to become a powerforward.

Kevlar socks are nice and all but KS are only reducing the impact they don't prevent cuts sadly :(

Guest Crymson

Kevlar socks are nice and all but KS are only reducing the impact they don't prevent cuts sadly :(

Actually, you've got it backwards: Kevlar socks are specifically designed to provide protection against sharp objects, and do not provide any measurable reduction to impact force. Perhaps you're thinking of Kevlar vests, which are effective at protection against both.

On a related note, the Canadiens actually require their players to wear Kevlar socks. This became team policy in 2009, after Markov and Lang suffered Achilles lacerations. Other organizations have been encouraging their players to wear these socks as well, as they can substantially cut down on like injuries. Karlsson was actually wearing Kevlar socks when his injury occurred, but he had tucked them in such a way that an area was left vulnerable.

Edited by Crymson

I don't think this play was intentional, but kassian has been doing stupid things he whole career. He had a 20 game suspension in junior and had a brutal hit that got him a couple in the wjc, plus his 8 game suspension this year for the stupid stick thing on gagner. Also had an assault charge in junior.

I don't think this play was intentional, but kassian has been doing stupid things he whole career.

No way was this intentional. You always want to keep your skates on the ice, and I guess that's the mistake Kassian makes here, but - and maybe this is just me - I was confused when I first saw it. And even when I knew what I was looking for on the replay, I was still kinda like, "Wait, THAT?"

My understanding is that Kassian is what Dallas Eakins called him: a disturbing player. But this was just incredibly bad luck, IMHO.

It's such a shame, Bolland has been a revelation for the Leafs. And suddenly they're shallow down the middle again.

First glance i didn't even see how bolland could have been cut - then i saw slow-mo and you can see it came from the side angle rather than cooke's which was from the back and turned his skate. Really unlucky here. No intention at all.

Edited by dirtydangles