• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LoveMyWings

Announcer Ozzie

Rate this topic

He's just very inexperienced. It's actually a lot harder than it looks to talk that much in a concise, coherent way.

He'll get better.

Exactly.

At the same time, he can of course do whatever he wants to do but I'd personally much rather have him as a goalie development coach/goalie-team liaison to eventually replace Jim Bedard. From the outside looking in it seems like Ozzie would be perfect for that role.

Guest Playmaker

I always thought Draper would be better suited to it than Osgood. He's always been more conversational and had more of a camera presence than Osgood. Not sure if he was interested, but I think he would be better at it. Agree that it is much harder than it looks, which is why you really have to appreciate those that make it sound so easy.

Ozzie is a little on the dry side but improving.

I think this is actually my biggest knock against him. But it's just nerves and inexperience, a matter of comfort. We know he's not as boring and dry as he comes off as being.

As others have said, he'll get better.

I didn't read the whole thread, but does anyone else think he's a little too much of a homer sometimes?

Obviously he'll improve and its going to be awesome when he starts to feel more comfortable and sows more of his humorous side

i havn't had much problem with ozzie so far but i was watching one of the weekend games and in the intro when they had the up close shot of him and ken, and ozzie looked soooo awkward and uncomfortable. i'm sure it will take a little while getting used to have that camera right up in your business like it is for that shot.

I'm probably biased to start with because I always liked Osgood as a goaltender and person when he was a player, but I have mostly neutral-to-good impressions of him from what I've heard thus far. Ken Daniels has enough energy and verbiage to carry most color man, but yeah, obviously Ken and Mickey back in the day are the preferred tandem.

I guess I just don't expect that much from the color announcer on a local broadcast, let alone one in his first year of media. He's been at least passable, and being a goaltender offers a perspective that many "hockey guys" don't have.

Guest Crymson

....he sucks.

Manny should have gotten the job. He interviewed for it and the chose Ozzie instead. Manny is currently doing college games on FSD.

Ozzie is beloved in Detroit for his long stretch with the organization, for his two Stanley Cups, and for his likeable personality. Many fans probably won't even remember who Manny Legace is; for those who do, he is best known for his incredible collapse in the 2006 playoffs.

I don't like him, Doesn't know his teammates names, goes on too long about the same boring point, seems to flustered talking (somebody get him a joint or a xanax!) He'll get better eventually, I just hate waiting for it. Too bad Lidstrom (or LiNdstrom as ozzie says, seriously!) doesn't want to do it!

Ozzie is beloved in Detroit for his long stretch with the organization, for his two Stanley Cups, and for his likeable personality. Many fans probably won't even remember who Manny Legace is; for those who do, he is best known for his incredible collapse in the 2006 playoffs.

That and for talking trash about Scotty Bowman, something about him having the personality of an ant. No thanks to Legace.

Love Mick, i still laugh at the "hook,hook, another hooker" line he had several years ago.

"Two minutes for playing hockey."

Still can't believe they canned Murph. He was a character with great game insights. Bad on Fox.

Manny Legacy will be most remembered for leaving his custom Harley in the showroom of Farmington Harley Davidson during the season. It was kind of cool to go see and I'm an enduro rider that knows Harley's are lame.