• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jeff48109

Smith to IR, Almqvist called up

Rate this topic

Is it wrong that I'm not sad at all?

I know its been a really long time since the Wings had a high end defensive prospect come up, but, very rarely do D-men start off being worth much... I believe Smith has to be considered a work in progress for at least another season before you can think he's worthless.

Smith has 1 point (assist) in 11 games. Team worst -7 and team leading 19 penalty mins.

Safe to say hes shown hes not ready to be apart of this team. Hopefully Almquist does become that Rafalski 2.0 this team so badly needs.

Even with the wings struggling defensively, i feel like they really miss an offensive minded D. Hopefully Almqvist can provide some quickness to the breakout.

Defensively were actually fine, the problem comes when you realize we don't have a puck moving defenseman to clear the zone and make that first pass. We can't get the puck out, almqvist should help alleviate that issue a bit.

According to Doug McLean, Hakan Andersson paced back and forth nervously as he waited for Red Wings management to arrive at the rink. He knew they'd be very upset that he brought them all the way overseas to look at a defenseman that was way undersized. He knew they'd shake their head and say he was way too scrawny. He could only hope that this scrawny little defensmen named Nick Lidstrom had his typical incredible game while they were here to watch. And history was made..

According to Doug McLean, Hakan Andersson paced back and forth nervously as he waited for Red Wings management to arrive at the rink. He knew they'd be very upset that he brought them all the way overseas to look at a defenseman that was way undersized. He knew they'd shake their head and say he was way too scrawny. He could only hope that this scrawny little defensmen named Nick Lidstrom had his typical incredible game while they were here to watch. And history was made..

I appreciate the sentiment but Hakan Andersson didn't scout/find Nick Lidstrom. It was the European scout before Hakan named Christer Rockstrom.

I appreciate the sentiment but Hakan Andersson didn't scout/find Nick Lidstrom. It was the European scout before Hakan named Christer Rockstrom.

Just passing along what I heard on the Doug MacLean interview on the radio when the wings were in Vancouver the other day regarding the size and success issue.

Have your husband call me so we can get together and complain about our fact checking wives ruining our stories.

Just passing along what I heard on the Doug MacLean interview on the radio when the wings were in Vancouver the other day regarding the size and success issue.

Have your husband call me so we can get together and complain about our fact checking wives ruining our stories.

Sure thing! Tomorrow at 2PM okay? :innocent:

You mean the same Rafalski everyone wanted to retire after 10'?

Oh the irony.

I fail to see your point. Everyone wanted draper and and Maltby to retire once they were no longer effective. That does not mean they were never effective or that everyone always wanted them off the team.

Interesting that they call AA up, and not Sproul again...then again they did this last season alternating between Tatar and Nyquist. I like it, it gives more prospects a taste of the big leagues.

Can you imagine AA and Sproul on the PP together in a couple of years? Gunna take a brave man to be the net front guy with those two unleashing bombs.