• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jeff48109

Smith to IR, Almqvist called up

Rate this topic

It sucks that Smith is out (his struggles aside), but I'm very excited to see AA finally get a shot to play. I remember back when he was leading scorer for all F/D as a defenseman in J20. Hopefully he gets used on the PP as well, see how well his QB vision really is.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

Did Smith get hurt in the fight at the end? Unfortunate and unnecessary for him if so.

BUT.

I've been calling for Almqvist to get a shot and I'm glad he gets his opportunity. Can he be worse defensively than Smith? Doubtful. Can he move the puck better than Smith? Probable. Hope he does well and gets some PP time.

I know nothing of almquists game, can someone gimme the cliffnotes?

Good puck-moving d-man, his size and defensive play are the most common negatives mentioned.

Did Smith get hurt in the fight at the end? Unfortunate and unnecessary for him if so.

I think so, went back and watched the fight, he landed really hard on his left shoulder with Acton landing on top of him. After he got up he reached for his shoulder with his right hand. That sucks, I never wish injury on anyone unless their names contain Claude Lemieux or Matt Cooke.

BUT.

I've been calling for Almqvist to get a shot and I'm glad he gets his opportunity. Can he be worse defensively than Smith? Doubtful. Can he move the puck better than Smith? Probable. Hope he does well and gets some PP time.

Good puck-moving d-man, his size and defensive play are the most common negatives mentioned.

Even with the wings struggling defensively, i feel like they really miss an offensive minded D. Hopefully Almqvist can provide some quickness to the breakout.

Not ashamed to say don't know much about him, anybody got a scouting report on Almqvist? What type of player is he.

Pucking-moving offensive defenseman with a good first pass. Smallish but very smart and efficient. Has the tools to be a monstrous PP quarterback. Basically, Rafalski Jr.

I believe he's going to be huge for us in the future. Big fan of his.

Guest Crymson

I know nothing of almquists game, can someone gimme the cliffnotes?

Excellent puck-moving skills, great shot, superlative hockey IQ, mediocre defensive acumen, below-average height and weight.

Edited by Crymson