12 replies to this topic

#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,624 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

http://blogs.calgary...a-joins-flames/

Joey Mac waived. Flames coach Hartley was quoted as saying it would be nice to get an occasional save now and again. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hartley is an a** and not a good coach.  Good luck, Joey Mac!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#3 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

http://blogs.calgary...a-joins-flames/

Joey Mac waived. Flames coach Hartley was quoted as saying it would be nice to get an occasional save now and again. 

If you're claiming to quote someone then quote them. Don't change the wording to sound worse than what it was.  He said "to get a couple key saves would definitely help."

He's absolutely right and is referring to all the goalies because no one has stepped up and made those key saves to secure the job.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#4 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

TBH that goal that Joey let in against us was plain awful at a deadlock tied game. Not really surprised to see Joey placed on waivers...

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,906 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Now he's being WAIVED by Calgary immediately after playing against us.  Right?

He seems like a really nice guy.  I hope for the best for him. 

#6 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

I think a big part of throwing him on waivers had to do with this quote from Joey Mac:

“The first period, we did a lot of standing around and watching,” said MacDonald. “There wasn’t a whole lot going on. We were watching (Pavel) Datsyuk and (Henrik) Zetterberg and (Todd) Bertuzzi pass the puck around. You can do that with guys like that. Look what happens — they find back doors, they find seams. In the second period, we were a lot better. Then in the third, you know what? I didn’t think we had much. I know they got that lucky goal, but we’ve got to turn around and get some chances. I thought we just sat back and played the majority of play in our own end. You can’t do that.”

http://kuklaskorner....-flames-wrap-up

Sounds like the departure has mutual feelings towards each other.

#7 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I don't think MacDonald's comments are unusual. It's stuff you always hear from players after losses.

Anyway, good luck to him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#8 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:48 AM

Yikes. Calgary is in trouble. Wonder if they are calling Holland about Mrazek...

#9 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Yikes. Calgary is in trouble. Wonder if they are calling Holland about Mrazek...

i doubt it. they have 2 young goalies that they need to evaluate and see if they are going to be in their future plans. reto berra just played his first nhl game after being acquired in the bouwemeester deal last year. i think calgary will definitely give him a long look to see if they have a something.

macdonald played solid for them as a backup last year. i think they kept him around to have some stability with 2 young goalies. however, they weren't getting much out of him this year and decided to go with the 2 younger guys.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#10 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

i doubt it. they have 2 young goalies that they need to evaluate and see if they are going to be in their future plans. reto berra just played his first nhl game after being acquired in the bouwemeester deal last year. i think calgary will definitely give him a long look to see if they have a something.

macdonald played solid for them as a backup last year. i think they kept him around to have some stability with 2 young goalies. however, they weren't getting much out of him this year and decided to go with the 2 younger guys.

That was always my issue with joey mac, he lights it up until the pressure to secure a spot is gone, then he just s***s the bed after that. I like him, but I don't see him being in the nhl anymore unless something changes very soon

Edited by Euro_Twins, 04 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#11 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't think MacDonald's comments are unusual. It's stuff you always hear from players after losses.

Anyway, good luck to him.

I disagree.  You don't call out your team mates, accuse them of standing around, then give up a s*** goal and say they got a "lucky" one.  If he had said all those things and pointed the finger squarely on himself, no problem.  But you don't blame everyone else and act like your own s*** doesn't stink.

#12 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

With Giordano out, Calgary's D looks like crap.  Not hard to get quality chances against them right now.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#13 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

The Flamers are used to being carried by their unbreakable pack mule in net, Kipper. No offense to Joey but he is not a starter in the NHL.... I'm sure he looks even worse following in Kipper's wake