• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/4 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Jets 4

Rate this topic

As is usually the case, this team puts together a few wins to get you kind of excited about watching the next game, and then they waste your whole evening with absolute crap like this. They should be able to fine players for lack of effort such as tonight.

As is usually the case, this team puts together a few wins to get you kind of excited about watching the next game, and then they waste your whole evening with absolute crap like this. They should be able to fine players for lack of effort such as tonight.

Exactly. Far too many nights like this one to think they're going to be able to even make the playoffs, much less win anything of note.

I don't think I've seen such a pitiful display of defense in a while. I mean everyone too. Not a single defenseman played well in this game. Glad Danny D scored and Howard was amazing, but nothing else really positive to take from this one. Why are we giving up so many shots in every game? Is our D that bad?

I don't think I've seen such a pitiful display of defense in a while. I mean everyone too. Not a single defenseman played well in this game. Glad Danny D scored and Howard was amazing, but nothing else really positive to take from this one. Why are we giving up so many shots in every game? Is our D that bad?

It shouldn't be...but it is. Almqvist obviously is nowhere near being ready and it showed tonight. Quincey is less than worthless but he's not going anywhere. Ericsson would've helped. Kronwall is a good defenseman, but not a true #1.

Tatar was good. You see his stick constantly scanning the ice for rebounds, etc. He'll be a goal-scorer someday.

I thought Bert was good... he made a few chances, especially towards the third.

Kindl looked good from an offensive perspective -- saw a nice carry-in. Didn't get to see him in the defensive zone much, but apparently he played bad.

Quincey was awful (always is), was glad not to see Smith play, Z and Dats seemed weighed down by the lackluster play of the team

Almquist looked pretty bad. Does he get another shot? How many shots should he get?

I miss gus so much right now. This team needs somebody who can carry the damn puck from left to right. Gus can do that.

Oh yeah I thought Weiss had a good game. I think he's starting to feel more confident.

I don't think there were any huge individual disappointments. More so the team as a whole was awful. Coaching problem? I usually point the fingure at the coaching staff. This damn team has NEVER been able to win games they should to keep streaks alive. OF COURSE the Detroit Red Wings can't finish off the 4-game road sweep against a poor team.

Edited by themcityblues

Y'know, I know how this is going to sound, but...maybe this whole trip - the wins, I mean - was just another "fool's gold" stretch. I say that because the Canucks played an uncharacteristically weak game and we won, barely. And the Flames probably should've won, but we won, barely. And the Oilers put in by far their weakest effort of this young season against us and we won. And the Jets came to play and embarrassed us.

What gets me about this loss is that everyone (except Babs, and Jimmy) can and probably will brush it off, given what an otherwise "great" road trip this was. "Everyone has an off-night. You can't win 'em all." blah blah blah