11/4 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Jets 4

Rate this topic

Dream lineup without upgrading through trades

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weisse-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

??

We need Nyquist!! On two other notes, Jurco is looking good in the AHL as well and when Cleary going to go on "LTIR" like Sammy and Mule have when consistently playing like s***.

Edited by ben_usmc

Dream lineup without upgrading through trades

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weisse-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

What i'd like to see come playoff time:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo/Miller

Kronner-(top line D trade acquisition)

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

D-man trade for any variation of Quincey/Smith/Cleary/Sammy + draft pick.

To me thats a lineup capable of winning the cup.

Edited by RedWang

I am usually more of a critical guy, but 6 out of 8 points on a big western canadian roadtrip I certainly take that. To be honest I thought, the DetroitRedWings would come home with only 4 (victory against Calgary and Edmonton), losses to Vancouver and Winnipeg (because it's the end of a long trip).

Hopefully, the DetroitRedWings don't believe the game against the Oilers was some kind of a statement. Winning against a terrible team has to be expected, nothing to brag about.

In the end I really hope the DetroitRedWings can put together a larger winning-streak soon, would be huge in terms of confidence.

Bouncing back after this loss would be huge. Losing 1 of 4 throughout the season is not bad but we answer a 4 game winning streak with a 4 game losing streak so far

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

A 4th line of Abs-Helm-Cleary is deadly come playoff time and we know how great a 3rd line of Nyquist-Anders-Tatar can be. The 2nd line has to get going. There's too much skill there for them to keep playing like this. A trade for a solid top 4 d-man and we got a solid roster. Any of Kindl, Smith, Quincey, Lashoff or even some of our rookies can be used as 5/6 d men which makes any of those guys trade able IMO Edited by joesuffP

Bouncing back after this loss would be huge. Losing 1 of 4 throughout the season is not bad but we answer a 4 game winning streak with a 4 game losing streak so far

A 4th line of Abs-Helm-Cleary is deadly come playoff time and we know how great a 3rd line of Nyquist-Anders-Tatar can be. The 2nd line has to get going. There's too much skill there for them to keep playing like this. A trade for a solid top 4 d-man and we got a solid roster. Any of Kindl, Smith, Quincey, Lashoff or even some of our rookies can be used as 5/6 d men which makes any of those guys trade able IMO

Only issue is cant dance without a partner....and Kenny is sitting in the chair unable to get a partner to even look at him with the albatross of Sammy, and Danny Boy standing next to him

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser

Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

Come playoff time:

Z-Dats-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Andersson-Tootoo

Eaves

DeKeyser-Kronwall

Ericsson-Smith

Kindl-Ouellet

Lashoff

Cleary, Quincey and Miller can play for GR.

A 4th line of Abs-Helm-Cleary is deadly come playoff time and we know how great a 3rd line of Nyquist-Anders-Tatar can be. The 2nd line has to get going. There's too much skill there for them to keep playing like this. A trade for a solid top 4 d-man and we got a solid roster. Any of Kindl, Smith, Quincey, Lashoff or even some of our rookies can be used as 5/6 d men which makes any of those guys trade able IMO

That top 4 d'man should have been traded for 2 seasons ago with FRANCINE going in the package when he was still worth something.

Bad game. Tough for this team to put together a respectable winning streak. They don't seem to get up for many games anymore. Couple this with less talent on defense and not one sniper on this team and we actually seem to fall in to the category of a "pretty good" team and not elite. We haven't been elite since 09. I hope they bring Nyquist up soon and trade for a legit defenseman maybe but damn I see teams like SJ,Anaheim,Chicago and Boston beating the teams they're supposed to beat and I remember when we used to be like that.

Edited by GoWings!

Guest Crymson

Cleary is worthless. Because he's now incapable of grinding, he can't even play a proper 4th-line role anymore.

Cleary is worthless. Because he's now incapable of grinding, he can't even play a proper 4th-line role anymore.

Cleary hasn't been that bad IMO. And in the playoffs when he does his knee injections, him, helm and abs would be the perfect energy line. Then we should have 3 scoring lines if the 2nd can get their s*** together

Bad game. Tough for this team to put together a respectable winning streak. They don't seem to get up for many games anymore. Couple this with less talent on defense and not one sniper on this team and we actually seem to fall in to the category of a "pretty good" team and not elite. We haven't been elite since 09. I hope they bring Nyquist up soon and trade for a legit defenseman maybe but damn I see teams like SJ,Anaheim,Chicago and Boston beating the teams they're supposed to beat and I remember when we used to be like that.

in all fairness, the season is only 16 games old and the have had a 4 game winning streak and a 3 game streak. if anything, the team appears to be super streaky... 2w / 2l / 4w / 4l / 3w

Cleary hasn't been that bad IMO. And in the playoffs when he does his knee injections, him, helm and abs would be the perfect energy line. Then we should have 3 scoring lines if the 2nd can get their s*** together

Cleary has been horribly bad. the 2nd line will get their s*** together when Cleary is no longer dragging it down.

I dont see brendan smith being a top 4 d man anywhere in this league.

I put him on the 2nd D pairing to play with a superior defensive partner in Ericsson.

Kinda wish Babs and Kenny would take a page from from the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich and rest your players for the playoffs during the season.

Specifically im speaking about Cleary. He is a beast come playoffs even when hes injured, so why not spare his knees and the team his regular season limited contributions so he can be healthy comw playoffs.

Play him like a goalkeeper, never back to back or 1 game on 2 games off.

Kinda wish Babs and Kenny would take a page from from the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich and rest your players for the playoffs during the season.

Specifically im speaking about Cleary. He is a beast come playoffs even when hes injured, so why not spare his knees and the team his regular season limited contributions so he can be healthy comw playoffs.

Play him like a goalkeeper, never back to back or 1 game on 2 games off.

I said this in the off-season. Stick him in the 4th line rotation, have him play ~ 40 games <10min TOI, save him for the playoffs.

I like Cleary on this team as a fourth line player. Once Franzen comes back I think Babs puts Cleary on the fourth line. He wouldn't possibly ruin the chemistry on the third, would he?

Our fourth line does not have any chamistry anyway.

I think it is highly optimistic to think that Cleary will automatically put in the same numbers in the playoffs this year that he did last year.

Ja well I really think, worrying about the playoffs should start if the DetroitRedWings are mathematically in it as of right now they are *very* streaky, so could be a dogfight like last season. Luckily, there are some really bad teams in the east.

Edited by frankgrimes

It's pretty crazy how tough the Western Conference is. I mean, it's always been the better conference, but...man...we got out just in time. Sucks to be the Oilers. (And Jets.)

If things keep going at the pace they're going in the East, we should fit comfortably into the playoff race. But, once there, I'm not sure I like our chances against a highly motivated Penguins team, a highly motivated Bruins team, a highly motivated Leafs team, a highly motivated Senators team, a highly motivated Canadiens team, a highly motivated Lightning team, a highly motivated Islanders team....There's a whole lot of motivation in the East to make up for recent failures, disappointments, embarrassments, and all-around suckage, etc. And what better team to make a statment against than the Red Wings? blahhhhh

We need an elite defenseman. We need one so badly it's not even funny. The thought of Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, and Jakub Kindl getting top-four minutes in the playoffs almost makes me want to just stop following this season right here and now so as to avoid the inevitable postseason heartbreak.