• 2,822 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Dream lineup without upgrading through trades

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Alfredsson-Weisse-Franzen
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

??

We need Nyquist!! On two other notes, Jurco is looking good in the AHL as well and when Cleary going to go on "LTIR" like Sammy and Mule have when consistently playing like s***.

Edited by ben_usmc, 05 November 2013 - 12:07 AM.

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#402 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

Dream lineup without upgrading through trades

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Alfredsson-Weisse-Franzen
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Abdelkader-Helm-Cleary

What i'd like to see come playoff time:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar
Abdelkader-Helm-Tootoo/Miller

Kronner-(top line D trade acquisition)
Ericsson-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

D-man trade for any variation of Quincey/Smith/Cleary/Sammy + draft pick.

To me thats a lineup capable of winning the cup.

Edited by RedWang, 05 November 2013 - 12:20 AM.

#403 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:48 AM

I am usually more of a critical guy, but 6 out of 8 points on a big western canadian roadtrip I certainly take that. To be honest I thought, the DetroitRedWings would come home with only 4 (victory against Calgary and Edmonton), losses to Vancouver and Winnipeg (because it's the end of a long trip). Hopefully, the DetroitRedWings don't believe the game against the Oilers was some kind of a statement. Winning against a terrible team has to be expected, nothing to brag about. In the end I really hope the DetroitRedWings can put together a larger winning-streak soon, would be huge in terms of confidence.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#404 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Bouncing back after this loss would be huge. Losing 1 of 4 throughout the season is not bad but we answer a 4 game winning streak with a 4 game losing streak so far

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

A 4th line of Abs-Helm-Cleary is deadly come playoff time and we know how great a 3rd line of Nyquist-Anders-Tatar can be. The 2nd line has to get going. There's too much skill there for them to keep playing like this. A trade for a solid top 4 d-man and we got a solid roster. Any of Kindl, Smith, Quincey, Lashoff or even some of our rookies can be used as 5/6 d men which makes any of those guys trade able IMO

Edited by joesuffP, 05 November 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#405 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:21 AM

Bouncing back after this loss would be huge. Losing 1 of 4 throughout the season is not bad but we answer a 4 game winning streak with a 4 game losing streak so far
A 4th line of Abs-Helm-Cleary is deadly come playoff time and we know how great a 3rd line of Nyquist-Anders-Tatar can be. The 2nd line has to get going. There's too much skill there for them to keep playing like this. A trade for a solid top 4 d-man and we got a solid roster. Any of Kindl, Smith, Quincey, Lashoff or even some of our rookies can be used as 5/6 d men which makes any of those guys trade able IMO

Only issue is cant dance without a partner....and Kenny is sitting in the chair unable to get a partner to even look at him with the albatross of Sammy, and Danny Boy standing next to him

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#406 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Bert
Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen
Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar

Ericsson-Dekeyser
Lashoff-Kindl

Howard-Gustavsson

Come playoff time:

Z-Dats-Bert

Alfredsson-Weiss-Franzen

Tatar-Helm-Nyquist

Abdelkader-Andersson-Tootoo

Eaves

DeKeyser-Kronwall

Ericsson-Smith

Kindl-Ouellet

Lashoff

Cleary, Quincey and Miller can play for GR.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#407 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:12 AM

I dont see brendan smith being a top 4 d man anywhere in this league.

#408 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

That top 4 d'man should have been traded for 2 seasons ago with FRANCINE  going in the package when he was still worth something.

#409 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Bad game. Tough for this team to put together a respectable winning streak. They don't seem to get up for many games anymore. Couple this with less talent on defense and not one sniper on this team and we actually seem to fall in to the category of a "pretty good" team and not elite. We haven't been elite since 09. I hope they bring Nyquist up soon and trade for a legit defenseman maybe but damn I see teams like SJ,Anaheim,Chicago and Boston beating the teams they're supposed to beat and I remember when we used to be like that.

Edited by GoWings!, 05 November 2013 - 11:19 AM.

#410 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Cleary is worthless. Because he's now incapable of grinding, he can't even play a proper 4th-line role anymore.

#411 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Makes me wonder how long it will take for Babs to realize exactly how useless Cleary is this season.

#412 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Cleary is worthless. Because he's now incapable of grinding, he can't even play a proper 4th-line role anymore.

Cleary hasn't been that bad IMO. And in the playoffs when he does his knee injections, him, helm and abs would be the perfect energy line. Then we should have 3 scoring lines if the 2nd can get their s*** together

#413 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Hasn't been that bad? he's pretty much the only player on the team I haven't noticed have a good game so far. I've barely noticed him have any good single sequences yet.

#414 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

Bad game. Tough for this team to put together a respectable winning streak. They don't seem to get up for many games anymore. Couple this with less talent on defense and not one sniper on this team and we actually seem to fall in to the category of a "pretty good" team and not elite. We haven't been elite since 09. I hope they bring Nyquist up soon and trade for a legit defenseman maybe but damn I see teams like SJ,Anaheim,Chicago and Boston beating the teams they're supposed to beat and I remember when we used to be like that.

in all fairness, the season is only 16 games old and the have had a 4 game winning streak and a 3 game streak. if anything, the team appears to be super streaky... 2w / 2l / 4w / 4l / 3w

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#415 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Cleary hasn't been that bad IMO. And in the playoffs when he does his knee injections, him, helm and abs would be the perfect energy line. Then we should have 3 scoring lines if the 2nd can get their s*** together

Cleary has been horribly bad.  the 2nd line will get their s*** together when Cleary is no longer dragging it down.

I dont see brendan smith being a top 4 d man anywhere in this league.

I put him on the 2nd D pairing to play with a superior defensive partner in Ericsson.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#416 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

Kinda wish Babs and Kenny would take a page from from the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich and rest your players for the playoffs during the season.

Specifically im speaking about Cleary. He is a beast come playoffs even when hes injured, so why not spare his knees and the team his regular season limited contributions so he can be healthy comw playoffs.

Play him like a goalkeeper, never back to back or 1 game on 2 games off.
  • Nev likes this

#417 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I like Cleary on this team as a fourth line player. Once Franzen comes back I think Babs puts Cleary on the fourth line. He wouldn't possibly ruin the chemistry on the third, would he?

Edited by joesuffP, 05 November 2013 - 10:27 PM.

#418 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

Kinda wish Babs and Kenny would take a page from from the San Antonio Spurs and Popovich and rest your players for the playoffs during the season.

Specifically im speaking about Cleary. He is a beast come playoffs even when hes injured, so why not spare his knees and the team his regular season limited contributions so he can be healthy comw playoffs.

Play him like a goalkeeper, never back to back or 1 game on 2 games off.

I said this in the off-season.  Stick him in the 4th line rotation, have him play ~ 40 games <10min TOI, save him for the playoffs.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#419 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I like Cleary on this team as a fourth line player. Once Franzen comes back I think Babs puts Cleary on the fourth line. He wouldn't possibly ruin the chemistry on the third, would he?

Our fourth line does not have any chamistry anyway.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#420 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:50 AM

I think it is highly optimistic to think that Cleary will automatically put in the same numbers in the playoffs this year that he did last year.