• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/4 GDT: Red Wings 2 @ Jets 4

Rate this topic

The only teams that actually worry me in a playoff series is Boston and Pittsburg. The others I feel we have a better than 50% chance of beating.

That is exactly what scares me about them.

We're generally great against the best teams, the teams we know will spank us if we don't come to play. But anything less than the best and it's almost a crapshoot, a coin flip which Wings team will show up.

It's pretty crazy how tough the Western Conference is. I mean, it's always been the better conference, but...man...we got out just in time. Sucks to be the Oilers. (And Jets.)

If things keep going at the pace they're going in the East, we should fit comfortably into the playoff race. But, once there, I'm not sure I like our chances against a highly motivated Penguins team, a highly motivated Bruins team, a highly motivated Leafs team, a highly motivated Senators team, a highly motivated Canadiens team, a highly motivated Lightning team, a highly motivated Islanders team....There's a whole lot of motivation in the East to make up for recent failures, disappointments, embarrassments, and all-around suckage, etc. And what better team to make a statment against than the Red Wings? blahhhhh

We need an elite defenseman. We need one so badly it's not even funny. The thought of Kyle Quincey, Brendan Smith, and Jakub Kindl getting top-four minutes in the playoffs almost makes me want to just stop following this season right here and now so as to avoid the inevitable postseason heartbreak.

it doesn't matter how many times you use the term 'highly motivated' as all teams are come playoff time. fact is, the wings still have a better team than most you mention there.

We have so many useless forwards or not used at all that I would hope we could use them for trade bait. I don't think guys like Franzen, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi, Cleary or Eaves really have a place here. I'm shocked they resigned Cleary forcing Nyquist to GR. I'm worried about our defense come playoff time and we haven't made it further than the 2nd round with Jimmy (not saying he sucks or blaming him entirely, but he does worry me a bit).