• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Who is the Most Underappreciated Red Wing?

Rate this topic

Who is the Most Underappreciated Red Wing?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Definitely not Quincey. The other two are respectable choices. My vote is for Ericsson, even though the consensus on him has finally become more favorable here.

I don't think Ericsson is underappreciated at all. In the past sure but not anymore. I've never even seen an argument that Ericsson shouldn't be in the top 2 on this team with our current guys.

Definitely not Quincey. Time on ice is the problem, and he leads the team for goals against when on the ice (of course Smith has a higher GA/game). Abdelkader gets a lot of flack but that has more to do with Babcock insisting on playing him in the Top-6 despite being a great and effective 3rd liner.

I haven't been able to be on LGW as much as I used to because of my stupid grown up lifestyle so my gauge on this sort of thing isn't nearly as decent as it used to be.

But in terms of who doesn't get the highest degree of appreciation as they should? I kind of feel like Kronwall has to be up there.

Drew Miller has to be up there as well. If he provided what he already does, had 15-20 lbs more muscle, averaged 10-12 fights a year with a 60+ win percentage and didn't have the hair of a 65 year old (assuming a 65 year old has hair) then he'd probably be overrated by LGW.

Definitely not Quincey. Time on ice is the problem, and he leads the team for goals against when on the ice (of course Smith has a higher GA/game). Abdelkader gets a lot of flack but that has more to do with Babcock insisting on playing him in the Top-6 despite being a great and effective 3rd liner.

In regards to Quincey (I've never been a fan), he does play pretty tough minutes. Lots of PK with very little PP. Compared to new fan favorite in Kindl, who plays literally no PK time (ok 6sec avg/game) and a ton of PP time. Even Smith averages over a minute of PK per game. It's no wonder Kindl is exposed a lot less often.

I voted for Abby, he's a versatile guy, can play any position. When Bert goes after this year I'd imagine the spot next to Z and D would be his. As far as Quincey, I was a huge fan of the guy when he left the Wings and during his time in LA/COL, but since he's come back he isn't the same guy. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a slapshot, provides literally nothing offensively (8 points in 70 games) and struggles with turnovers at times. Yes, he plays tough minutes and isn't a half bad PKer, but I don't think he's under appreciated.

Kindl maybe?

Is the thread about which whipping boy is actually not bad? I think those guys are all expendable (guys like Cleary, Sammy, Smith, etc). Or are we talking about solid players who are often forgotten? In that case, I'd pick Kindl.

And Drew Miller may lead the team in shorthanded minutes every year, but our PK isn't that good the last few years. Not like the guy is the second coming of Mike Keane or Guy Carbonneau. We could replace him with any 4th liner who kills penalties.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Kindl maybe?

Is the thread about which whipping boy is actually not bad? I think those guys are all expendable (guys like Cleary, Sammy, Smith, etc). Or are we talking about solid players who are often forgotten? In that case, I'd pick Kindl.

And Drew Miller may lead the team in shorthanded minutes every year, but our PK isn't that good the last few years. Not like the guy is the second coming of Mike Keane or Guy Carbonneau. We could replace him with any 4th liner who kills penalties.

How dare you say Kindl after tonight's game lol If anything I feel Kindl gets too much credit. He plays very protected minutes with Dekeyser and absolutely no PK. Babcock plays Smith on the PK before Kindl.

I definitely disagree Miller is that expendable. Especially on his salary in a cap world.

It's not necessarily a whipping boy. Just who doesn't get enough credit for what they provide.

How dare you say Kindl after tonight's game lol If anything I feel Kindl gets too much credit. He plays very protected minutes with Dekeyser and absolutely no PK. Babcock plays Smith on the PK before Kindl.

I definitely disagree Miller is that expendable. Especially on his salary in a cap world.

It's not necessarily a whipping boy. Just who doesn't get enough credit for what they provide.

I didn't watch tonight's game, but Kindl played well last season, unlike the year before.

Miller is expendable. Every 4th liner is expendable, unless he's a Kris Draper.

I didn't watch tonight's game, but Kindl played well last season, unlike the year before.

Miller is expendable. Every 4th liner is expendable, unless he's a Kris Draper.

Tell that to Edmonton because they sure can't seem to find guys for those roles. (Yes they have many issues other than that)

Quincey is a complete joke. He get's more ice time the worse he plays. It's a ******* anomaly!

Miller is meh. He's completely replaceable and he's getting slower. His offensive creativity lasted about 15 games 2 years ago. I'm pretty much done with him.

Abdelkader has the right amount of appreciation. He's given a role, he does his job and we appreciate him for it.

I'd say Jimmy and Tootoo. Jimmy keeps the Wings in games that they don't show up for (like tonight against the Jets) and Tootoo is a leave it all on the ice type and we need more of him and less of Cleary and Miller.

If I had to choose between the three, I'd say Drew Miller. Between he and Patrick Eaves (up until this last stretch of time), they have been steady on the penalty kill.

Before opening the thread, Miller, Bertuzzi and Abdelkader all popped into my mind. I'm going with Miller, just because the guy doesn't do anything flashy but can serve as a very solid 4th liner.Not the fastest skater, but is willing to block shots and limits his mistakes.

With Bert, I know how streaky he can be so I'm not going to fully praise him just yet... but the guy's playing some solid hockey right now. Doesn't hurt that he's playing with D & Z, but he's showing some skill in his own right.