• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FifeHockeyNut

Tootoo Waived

Rate this topic

Yes, still in for the cap hit but this clears them up to just send him straight down to GR without waivers again I believe once Ericsson & Smith are back.

but if holland is saying he wont be sent to GR then why was he waived....where does he go then....I have to admit im not very smart on this whole process.

booooo, now we really lack toughness.

I loved this guy he was a real character on the ice. Something wings lack in general, Character.

He layed out people and caused scoring chances, sad to see one of our fastest guys gone.

Best of luck bro

Edited by PumpIron

but if holland is saying he wont be sent to GR then why was he waived....where does he go then....I have to admit im not very smart on this whole process.

He would stay on the Wings roster until they need to make a move again to clear up cap/roster space but in this case, he just goes through waivers now instead of when the actual move happens. Very similar to what Emmerton went through right at the start of the season.

He would stay on the Wings roster until they need to make a move again to clear up cap/roster space but in this case, he just goes through waivers now instead of when the actual move happens. Very similar to what Emmerton went through right at the start of the season.

so why wouldn't they let him go down to GR to at least play? What is having him not play help?

I really question Holland sometimes...why even re-sign Cleary, I mean really?

The Wings brass practice their own form of nepotism, always signing their old buddies over much better and/or more qualified players.

It sucks big time, but as we have been shown clear as day over the last few years, that's how it works upstairs with the Wings brass.

The Wings brass practice their own form of nepotism, always signing their old buddies over much better and/or more qualified players.

It sucks big time, but as we have been shown clear as day over the last few years, that's how it works upstairs with the Wings brass.

I believe the phrase is "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't". They feel with our system that's even more important.

I get that way of thinking. Unfortunately Wings brass just seem to take it to a whole other level.

Guest mjtm77

Cleary isn't that bad, you guys obviously don't know hockey that well. He WILL be resigned and he DOES play hard and contribute every night.

I believe the phrase is "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't". They feel with our system that's even more important.

I get that way of thinking. Unfortunately Wings brass just seem to take it to a whole other level.

Speaking of [D]evils...I still kinda miss Brunner. And I've always been against signing Jagr, but he signed with NJ for, what, 2 million? I would've gladly taken him over Cleary.

Guest Crymson

I'm kind of surprised it was Tootoo. Sammy next in line for this please. What could it hurt? No one takes him and we are back where we are at. Tootoo has more use than he does at this point.

Waiving Samuelsson would (because nobody's going to claim him) provide only $100K in cap relief.

Speaking of [D]evils...I still kinda miss Brunner. And I've always been against signing Jagr, but he signed with NJ for, what, 2 million? I would've gladly taken him over Cleary.

$2.5m per season. He spurned the Wings' offer because he wanted more money and guaranteed top-six time. Now he's on one of the worst teams in the league, one that is also near-bankrupt and is thus unlikely to improve next season.

Too bad for him.

So wait, the reason Emmerton was waived and brought back, and the reason Tootoo was waived and (apparently) coming back, is so they don't have to go through waivers later? So waivers is a one-time deal, and then players can go up and down at will?

Otherwise, what sense does this make?

So wait, the reason Emmerton was waived and brought back, and the reason Tootoo was waived and (apparently) coming back, is so they don't have to go through waivers later? So waivers is a one-time deal, and then players can go up and down at will?

Not a one-time deal. If 30 days pass or they play 10 games after they are waived, then they are eligible for waivers again.

It's always been this way. The only difference is they eliminated the re-entry waivers in the most recent CBA.

I'm pretty certain that re-entry waivers were done away with in the new CBA.

Yes re-entry waivers should be gone. I was referring to if we sent him back down to grr once he came back up to the NHL. If we wanted to send him down once more, that's where I was confused if he would be exempt from passing waivers again and technically on a two way contract from that point on.

$2.5m per season. He spurned the Wings' offer because he wanted more money and guaranteed top-six time. Now he's on one of the worst teams in the league, one that is also near-bankrupt and is thus unlikely to improve next season.

Too bad for him.

Yes, I know Brunner's story. And I'm well aware of NJ's struggles. (I'm ten minutes away from Trenton.) Doesn't mean I can't miss Brunner.

I'm not sure if this has been covered already but Khan makes it sound like if Tootoo clears he won't be sent to GR now because they don't need to clear a spot until the 15th when Ericsson comes off LTIR.

So when Holland said he won't be sent to Grand Rapids, he really meant he won't be sent yet.

If Tootoo, 30, is not claimed, the Red Wings have the option of assigning him to the Grand Rapids Griffins. But general manager Ken Holland said they won't send him down on Thursday. They wouldn't need to make a move until defenseman Jonathan Ericsson comes off long-term injured reserve on Nov. 15.

If and when Tootoo is assigned to Grand Rapids, the Red Wings would receive only $925,000 in cap relief

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/11/red_wings_mike_babcock_waiving.html