• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#181 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hard to say, but Nill was here for all the poor signings that everyone hates, so there's that. 

Nill wasn't the final say though, Holland is the GM no matter what the situation. Holland blew it this year, easy as that.

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#182 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Nill wasn't the final say though, Holland is the GM no matter what the situation. Holland blew it this year, easy as that.

Very true, but that means we need to give Holland credit for the things we've done right as well though.  Holland didn't completely blow the off-season - Alfredsson looks like a good signing, Mantha a great pick etc

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#183 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:39 PM

Holland is a fine GM but he is loyal to a fault. Cleary should NOT have been brought back because of our roster situation. Sammy was/is a mistake. The only thing that is saving Holland right now is injuries. Once everyone is healthy decisions have to be made

#184 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

Holland is a fine GM but he is loyal to a fault. Cleary should NOT have been brought back because of our roster situation. Sammy was/is a mistake. The only thing that is saving Holland right now is injuries. Once everyone is healthy decisions have to be made

I would much rather have an over-loyal GM like Holland than a GM that pretends there's loyalty like Holmgren.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”