• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#21 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Do you think this move is to bring nyquist up??

#22 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

Rumor had it Holland turned down a trade offer for Tootoo a few weeks back. Either that was bogus or Holland screwed up and realized he had to let him go for nothing (possibly).
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#23 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

This is very interesting... @AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said if Tootoo clears they'll decide tomorrow what to do. They could keep him on roster or send him down and recall Nyquist.

Please god bring up Gus

#24 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,226 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Rumor had it Holland turned down a trade offer for Tootoo a few weeks back. Either that was bogus or Holland screwed up and realized he had to let him go for nothing (possibly).

I'd like to see where you read/heard this, if possible.

#25 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I didn't read it from a source, more hearsay, so it's likely untrue. Just thought it was a weird player to start a rumor over.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#26 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

Do you think this move is to bring nyquist up??

maybe with big E on LTIR might work

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#27 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:04 PM

was really hoping he wasn't the one to go to be honest, 2 more to go...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,296 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

It must be pretty awesome being Bob McKenzie and knowing anything and eveything you report will be taken as fact, truth, official confirmation.

I'm not being snarky at all. I totally mean it. The guy's a media demigod.

Definitely.

As Twitter has gotten more popular plenty of sports journalists have gotten it wrong trying to be the first to get a story out there.  McKenzie is one of a handful of people I know will get it right. 

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:07 PM

I really question Holland sometimes...why even re-sign Cleary, I mean really? Tootoo is way more important to this club than Cleary OR Sammy...

I agree. Why re-sign Cleary knowing something like this was going to happen?

#30 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Babcock didn't look too happy after his last fight I wonder if that played into it.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#31 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

This is very interesting... @AnsarKhanMLive: Babcock said if Tootoo clears they'll decide tomorrow what to do. They could keep him on roster or send him down and recall Nyquist.

Please god bring up Gus

I'm a little confused on how the waiving works. If he does clear and they decide to keep him on the roster, wouldn't that mean that waiving him was all for nothing? I've always been under the impression that when you waive someone, you send them down. Can anyone pass along some insight here?

#32 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Why don't they just waive tootoo and eaves and bring up nyquist? If they are claimed then great. If not then we still save money on the cap as nyquist cap number is like 950K or so. I don't understand why this hasn't already been done

#33 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

I really hate this move. Pisses me off that Cleary and Sammy get a free pass, while they offer nothing to the team. Toots plays his ass off every second he gets. Cleary is #1 in the league at falling on his ass, and Sammy is just sitting on the bench counting his money. I don't understand this decision at all.

#34 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

Why don't they just waive tootoo and eaves and bring up nyquist? If they are claimed then great. If not then we still save money on the cap as nyquist cap number is like 950K or so. I don't understand why this hasn't already been done

true but gus only has 2 games left before his no longer waiver free and if someone comes back and we have to send him or tots down bye bye

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

true but gus only has 2 games left before his no longer waiver free and if someone comes back and we have to send him or tots down bye bye

Why would we have to send him down though?

Forwards:
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Bertuzzi
Franzen
Weiss
Alfredsson
Tatar
Helm
Nyquist
Abdelkader
Anderson
Cleary
Samuelson
Miller

Defense:
Kronwall
Big E
Kindl
Dekeyser
Smith
Quincey
Lashoff

This would make a 23 man roster. My question is would we be over the cap with this roster or no?

#36 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:30 PM

I can't see how this is possibly to bring up Nyquist. With two games left before waiver exemption is no longer available, they would be over the cap and lose someone once E is back. This move essentially covers a now healthy, no longer LTIR Helm once everyone else is healthy.

After its all said and done, we'll have traded Tootoo for Helm, and that's hoping someone claims him.

#37 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,195 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:34 PM

I can't see how this is possibly to bring up Nyquist. With two games left before waiver exemption is no longer available, they would be over the cap and lose someone once E is back. This move essentially covers a now healthy, no longer LTIR Helm once everyone else is healthy.

After its all said and done, we'll have traded Tootoo for Helm, and that's hoping someone claims him.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you're right. My math was wrong, left someone out when I was adding things up.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#38 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

If hockey were the "business" it was supposed to be, Cleary would have been waived before Tootoo, Sammy would be waived to at least get rid of some of his $3 mil salary and Tootoo would even stay over Miller as he brings more to the table and a much needed element to a team with no real hitters aside from Helm at forward.  I'm with Mike J. on this one.  While Kenny's waiving guys, he should waive Cleary, Sammy and Quincey to see if anyone wants the garbage that Holland believes should be in our lineup.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#39 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Forwards:
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Bertuzzi
Franzen
Weiss
Alfredsson
Tatar
Helm
Nyquist
Abdelkader
Anderson
Cleary
Samuelson
Miller

Defense:
Kronwall
Big E
Kindl
Dekeyser
Smith
Quincey
Lashoff

This would make a 23 man roster. My question is would we be over the cap with this roster or no?

With Ericsson's $3.25M back on the books after LTIR, we'll be about $700K or so over the cap.

#40 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Forwards:
Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Bertuzzi
Franzen
Weiss
Alfredsson
Tatar
Helm
Nyquist
Abdelkader
Anderson
Cleary
Samuelson
Miller

Defense:
Kronwall
Big E
Kindl
Dekeyser
Smith
Quincey
Lashoff

Because you forgot Eaves?

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"