• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Those trashing Chicago need to get a grip every city has fans who would do that. I liked Pardy's reaction after the game as well. Is there cheap beer at Chicago games because he was hammered.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#22 AtlantaHotWings

AtlantaHotWings

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

it looked like his girlfriend dumped the beer....I wonder if I can get ahold of such a class act!

"Wakie, wakie hands off Snakie" - Jason Lee of Earl

#23 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Maybe the guy isn't drunk at all.  Maybe he's just a mean spirited, mouth breathing, neanderthal.  Chicago is full of these strange and hideous mutants, and it's status as "second city" has done nothing to lessen their detrimental effects.  Detroit, by comparison, if full of sinewy, hard nosed, survivors, with keen minds and eagle-like vision.  After years in the gutter, our herd has been culled. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#24 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

I thought the whole thing was pretty funny. Those trashing Chicago need to get a grip every city has fans who would do that. I liked Pardy's reaction after the game as well. Is there cheap beer at Chicago games because he was hammered.

Think about doing it?  Absolutely.  Actually do it?  Not so much.  I would be sorely tempted if presented with the opportunity to dump a beer on Pronger, but I wouldn't actually go through with it.

And there's no one on the planet not an active Chicago fan that wouldn't agree that their fanbase ranks amongst the surliest in the NHL.

Helmet-stealing guy was flat-out wasted.  The woman dumping the beer probably wasn't.  She had the presence of mind to move the glass before dumping the beer.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#25 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I must respectfully disagree.

I've been to numerous opposing cities to watch the Red Wings; Chicago is by far the worst...Nashville has some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet (was at the game Webber beat up Lilja).

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

220px-Andy_Warhol_by_Jack_Mitchell.jpg

This man would say that their time is, oh, what's the word I'm looking for...up!

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

I must respectfully disagree.

I've been to numerous opposing cities to watch the Red Wings; Chicago is by far the worst...Nashville has some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet (was at the game Webber beat up Lilja).

Not to mention some of his fellow Hawks fans just took had that full pane of glass land in their laps.  Rather than help lift it off them like some fans did, he actually leans on it to steal the helmet.

#28 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

Maybe the guy isn't drunk at all.  Maybe he's just a mean spirited, mouth breathing, neanderthal.

Uh...I think you are overreacting just a TAD bit.  lol

The guy just took his helmet off and put it on, no harm, no foul really. 

#29 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Uh...I think you are overreacting just a TAD bit.  lol

The guy just took his helmet off and put it on, no harm, no foul really. 

Uh...you took his post literally? lol

Helmet grab - Funny. Beer dump - just plain stupid.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#30 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:56 PM

Uh...you took his post literally? lol

Helmet grab - Funny. Beer dump - just plain stupid.

The beer dump had nothing to do with the guy.  Its like some people didn't even watch the vid.  The girl next to the guy dumped the beer.

#31 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

The beer dump had nothing to do with the guy.  Its like some people didn't even watch the vid.  The girl next to the guy dumped the beer.

Yeah well aware I posted the video and detailed when stuff happened lol 

I didn't say anything about the guy doing it. Just giving my opinion on how I feel about the events. Thanks though.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#32 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

I didn't say anything about the guy doing it.

You quoted my post about the guy grabbing the helmet, and you started talking about how it was stupid to dump the beer. 

#33 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

You quoted my post about the guy grabbing the helmet, and you started talking about how it was stupid to dump the beer. 

Rereading it I can see how you can see it that way. First sentence I was responding to you taking kipwinger literally and the second part was just me giving my opinion on the whole situation.

Also realize I sound kinda snarky. Sorry it's not intended. Just comes out that way at times.

Vince Lombardi

#34 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

The helmet thing was pretty funny, but really, who does that?  He had to break the chin strap to get it off him.  The girl looked hammered too, she poured the beer then looked at him like, "I done good?"

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#35 R-Dizzle

R-Dizzle

Just warming up

• Gold Booster
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:52 AM

What a waste of a $9.00 beer. 

Edited by R-Dizzle, 09 November 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Posted Image

#36 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

If i dumped beer on someone on the street i might get charged with something right? or is being drunk sports fan at a game an excuse?