• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

11/7 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

I decided to check in just to make sure that Justin Abdelkader was sufficiently getting ripped a new one by the board collectively. I don't think you guys are doing a good enough job of it so I decided to help out. I don't care one way or the other whether you think the call should or shouldn't have been made. It was a position that you do not put yourself in when your team is up a goal with less than three minutes left. You make the possibility that you might COMPLETELY blast the opposing team's goaltender as small as possible. Abdelkader was an epic failure in his decision making there and lost the game for his team, imo. What a moron.

Couldn't agree more, there is ZERO excuse for a dumbass penalty like that with 3mins left.

I am sorry but Mike Babcock is not doing a good coaching job this year. Just like the last overtime we lost in the last minute, WHY THE EFF would Pavs and Hank not be on the ice in the last minute... that is just awful coaching. It killed us last time, and it killed us again. They should ALWAYS be on the ice in the last minute.

3 of their goals came in the last minutes of the periods, that is just unacceptable. I know none of the goals were Jimmy's fault, but ever since he started playing as our starter I swear there are a ton of late minute goals against us in periods, and those are killers. He needs to find a way to make important saves at the dying minutes of periods.

Lastly, the officiating this year is awful. How do the Wings not get a single powerplay again during a game?! The Red Wings are lucky to get more than 1 powerplay this season, despite the fact that Pavs and Hank are continuously hooked and held. This has to change... Babcock needs to let this be known that it is unacceptable.

Now, back to Babcock, he has to fix these lines, no one is producing besides the big boys. Get Cleary the hell off of the 2nd line, he is awful, he is slow, he has no hockey IQ, he has NO PLACE on this team let alone the 2nd line!

He needed to save the Benn goal, that was atrocious. He had a pretty awful angle on the OT goal, though.[/quote

Ya but benn also shouldn't be walking through 4 guys either.

Yeah, Samuelsson in particular sucked on that goal as well. You're right. Just a collective what the f*** on that goal.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19

How does a team give up so many late period goals? Is it coaching? Is it guys just not caring? This has been a theme for about 3 years now.

Guys not caring enough.

The really painful thing is, this is the kind of problem a *VETERAN TEAM* is supposed to not have.

Edited by Dabura

Love ya Jimmy but this was some non-clutch goaltending. Did Filpulla's ghost overtake Weiss' body? How many years have to go by for this franchise to allow a player like Cleary to start on any of these lines? With Tatar and Helm the speed is there. Can you imagine if Nyquist was on the Red Wings?

Can you imagine if Nyquist was on the Red Wings?

Honestly, I don't think it'd make a huge difference.

Saturday against Tampa Bay. Which is pretty much a guaranteed loss knowing our defense and how Bishop is playing.

Oh God. We really needed two points tonight.

I really don't think Weiss is playing bad I just think that cleary is so awful that he weighs down both Weiss and alfy. I saw a play tonight where cleary was on the rush and alfy was far wing with nobody in site and cleary dumped it on net. How does an NHL hockey player with time not see that. Hell I would have seen that an. Alfy would have gotten a hell of a chance on that play

Congrats to the Dallas Nills, who according to the refs played the cleanest game in the history of forever and all time!

I reward you with a giant middle finger! Use it to passionately penetrate each other's anuses, please. YAY!

I really don't think Weiss is playing bad I just think that cleary is so awful that he weighs down both Weiss and alfy. I saw a play tonight where cleary was on the rush and alfy was far wing with nobody in site and cleary dumped it on net. How does an NHL hockey player with time not see that. Hell I would have seen that an. Alfy would have gotten a hell of a chance on that play

I'm so tired of blowing leads. Jesus. We were up 2-0 in this game. Why Cleary is playing is beyond me, and Weiss is proving just how worthless he is. Hard to win when your offense consists of two players. (3rd line is good but doesn't get enough ice time, not hating on them)

Choke. Choke. Choke. Here we go...

First the positives: Great game from Pav, Z, and DeKeyser. All three were rock solid. Good game for Weiss who has completely earned his goat status, but more efforts like tonight and its possible to turn it around. Nice first goal from Almquist; preview of things to come.

Now the rest: Kronwall had a terrible game in his own end and the neutral zone. He turned over the puck far too frequently and seemed to get knocked off it too easily down low. Cleary is an empty sweater, again. He has played every game this season, how is that possible? Helm looks out of sorts, but its to be expected. Miller, Abdelkader, and Andersson didn't look good tonight and Abdelkader's late penalty had spoiler written all over it. Overall, Stars had it too easy on all 4 goals, allowed to develop their screens for a well-placed shot or plain old allow to dice in and embarrass us. While Howard surely can't be solely blamed for the majority of the goals, it was another night when I found myself with no confidence in him to make the big save.

Terrible effort from a lot of the team at the end of the period. Goal with 20 seconds left in the 2nd. Goal with 1:10 left in the game. Goal with 18 seconds left in OT. I don't know if you can blame the coach for laziness, but you can blame him for a negative trend. And seeing Almquist on the ice during overtime is cool, shows confidence in the kid. Putting him on the ice with Kyle Quincey? That's called suicide.