• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

11/7 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Y'know, to be honest, I'm ok with this loss. Or, at least, I'm not as not-ok with it as I've been with the others. Now, maybe that's just me getting used to losing and I'm starting to settle - but, the point was, we deserved to lose this game. I say this for a few reasons, but mainly the fact that I had about 60 mini-heart attacks tonight, one for every time one of their guys got near Jimmy, around the slots, crease with the puck on his stick. There was this, like, defensive black hole in the area in front of Jimmy, wherein a Star with a puck basically meant Jimmy was on his own. And that's just ludicrously soft, slow defense on our part. What Im saying is, every time they got in front of Jimmy and had the puck, it was essentially a prime scoring chance. That sounds like common sense, and it is, but you'd hope your defensive work is good enough that there's no real threat, outside of the goalie not making the save. I dunno if this makes any sense because I'm really tired and drained, but yeah. Had the Stars been out for blood, it could've easily been a blowout. We were lucky that it was as close as it was, lucky to get a point out of it.

Im sorry but i blame 2/3 lf those last minute goals on jimmy. Elite goaltender my ass. 5-5-3? No thanks. Hs gotta come trough and he seemingly

Never does.

I was against Jimmy his first 2 seasons here but he has really grown on me the last couple seasons. But here is the thing I have been telling my friends. Jimmy has never gotten us past the 2nd round, like it or not. He has a bad tendency to allow late minute goals (I wonder how many he has let in because it happens a LOT since he started to play for us). The fact is that he is a great goalie, but he seems to have trouble making the key saves at the key time in the dying minutes of games. In my opinion, if Jimmy can't prove to be capable for us we should strongly consider going after Henrik Lunquivst in the off season... imo he is the best goalie in the world, and God knows he knows how to make key saves at any given time in a game.

Well expect more of the same boys. With this roster situation and cap problems I don't see any help on the horizon anytime soon. On the plus side, I just watched Babs' presser and according to him it's the teams' fault and they just need to "play better". Because clearly the problem is that 23 guys just forgot how to play hockey, which means that at any time they could just remember again.

Well expect more of the same boys. With this roster situation and cap problems I don't see any help on the horizon anytime soon. On the plus side, I just watched Babs' presser and according to him it's the teams' fault and they just need to "play better". Because clearly the problem is that 23 guys just forgot how to play hockey, which means that at any time they could just remember again.

This^

And Mike Babcock has officially lost his mind.

What, you don't like Cleary getting 16 minutes as Tatar gets half of that, while deciding to play your young rookie offensive-minded defenseman in Almquist with TurnsItOver McSh*tsHisPants? Are you suuuure?

Edited by b.shanafan14

Watching the post game. It was kyle quinceys guy who scored the ot game winner. Abby screwed us on that penalty, wether he was pushed or not. Babs just dropped the hammer on our second line for not producing. He said "two guys dont make a hockey club." Damn.

Edited by RedWang

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed, that we have to be the team with the least pp time in the league, it seems like we get maybe 2 powerplays in a game. and now we have already had 2 games without a single powerplay in 17 games, and one game i think we got less then a minute...

Some reporter needs to ask Babs why the heeeeeeeeeeell Cleary keeps getting 16mins a night on the second line??? he doesn't contribute with ANYTHING!

Awww, could you imagine a world where reporters asked good questions like that, something that maybe rattles some thoughts free. Instead we get: Is this loss a tougher loss than last game's loss? What did you think of the second goal? Boxers or briefs? Trick question, the answer is boxer-briefs!

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed, that we have to be the team with the least pp time in the league, it seems like we get maybe 2 powerplays in a game. and now we have already had 2 games without a single powerplay in 17 games, and one game i think we got less then a minute...

Hard work creates PP opportunities. I don't see a whole lot of that right now, way to inconsistent.

Kronwall Defensively has been bad and has completely disappeared offensively. I think he misses Lidstrom more than anybody.

10 points in 15 games, thats like 55 (lol) points in 82 games, I would say he has disappeared. Also he is a +8, wouldn't say he is doing that bad defensively

no secondary scoring at all

what did mick say its only dekeysers 25th game? and hes our best defensemen. looks just as good as kronwall if not better

howard cant steal a game

are you kidding me tatar had 8 mins and cleary and sammy had more?!?! WHY?!? every time tatar was out there hes winning puck battles making smart passes creating chances.

i wonder if holland will ever admit he was wrong about resigning sammy and cleary

also like how when you ask siri who the magic man is datsyuk pops up awesome

Edited by brett

10 points in 15 games, thats like 55 (lol) points in 82 games, I would say he has disappeared. Also he is a +8, wouldn't say he is doing that bad defensively

Thank you. Kronner had an UNCHARACTERISTICALLY crappy game. He has been more than solid and reliable thus far this season. There are a lot of issues on this team--Kronner is NOT one of them.

Let me clarify he might have a +8 cause he is on the ice most of the time when the Datsyuk's line is out there which in my opinion inflates that number. But what has disappeared is his ability to put the puck in the net. He has also had a tendency to make bad decisions with the puck. I still like him but with Lidstrom gone this team really needs some scoring from the Blue Line and Nick is really the only option.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

this team f*cking sucks

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey

Thank you. Kronner had an UNCHARACTERISTICALLY crappy game. He has been more than solid and reliable thus far this season. There are a lot of issues on this team--Kronner is NOT one of them.

Yah Kronners has actually had a very solid season thus far... he had a bad game tonight, no need to jump the gun on him. If Babcock hadn't been an idiot and had had Kronners out there instead of Quincy in OT in the last minute, this discussion board would probably be all happy after watching a shootout victory (we would have won the shootout me thinks because Pavs and Bert were on fire tonight).

You want to jump the gun on players, start with Cleary and Quincy... Those two are just awful and are not cutting it at all. Alfie was looking great, until Babs thru Cleary on his line. How many lines have we seen the last couple years that were doing good, until Cleary was put on the line. Hell, Cleary might be the only guy in the history of the Red Wings that played on a line with Dats and Hank that resulted in the line being broken up shortly after the season started because they would not produce. ANyone that plays with Cleary has trouble producing and that is a fact. Get this guy off our team already!

Also, give Jimmy one more game Saturday night, if he can't get the job done, then it is time to give Monster a start.