• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingedominance13

11/7 GDT: Stars 4 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

You guys talk like we are in the cellar. We're competing for first in our division, and over a whole season we can still compete for first overall.

Babcock's coaching continues to confuse me. He always puts the wrong guys out to finish periods and games, hence the plethora of last minute goals.

Anyone know if Tatar got a shift in ot. I cant remember off the top of my head but I dont believe he did. If not thats a huge mistake by Babcock. Hes the type of player that can beat a man and create that winning goal. Youve already got your point so go hard for the second. Instead he keeps sending Bert out for example whom in my opinion in 4v4 is a liability.

I was at the game last night.. My third game this season and witnessed my third loss.

We are 3-2-3 at home.. What the heck guys?

They are 6-3 on the road.

We have a lot of home games this month.. Gotta turn it around!

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

We are 3-2-3 at home.

wow...who wants to pay money to see this garbage?

playmaker" post="2452081" timestamp="1383915313"]

The difference is Sammy was signed in 2012 when there was ample roster and cap space. Cleary was signed when we were already over the cap, over the roster limit and knowing his skills were seriously diminished.

Signing sammy with cap space makes it even worse since there were other better players available.

Edited by wings87

It is so frustrating to have a mediocre team.

Does anyone know how we're doing compared to last year at this stage. Just wondering if we'll have to win the last 8 games of the season to make it into the playoffs again.

2012-13 thru 17 games: 7-7-3 17 pts

2013-14 thru 17 games 9-5-3 21 pts

In the easier east we should have more points.

2012-13 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Western non-playoff teams, 9 vs. Western playoff teams (All games vs. Western Conference last year)

2013-14 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Eastern Conference, 9 vs. Western Conference

Let's throw in 2011-12 too thru 17 games: 9-7-1 19 pts (Split was 2 East vs. 15 West)

And goal differential too while we're at it:

2011-12: +5

2012-13: -7

2013-14: -2

Babs needs to give his head a shake after last night. Sammy needs to not play, especially not with Z and D at any point. Cleary needs to be dropped down the line-up, he's killing Weiss and Alfredsson. Quincey needs to play less, he had a couple bad turnovers (one lead to a goal and he should've been called for tripping on it anyway) and Peverly was his guy in OT that he was late getting too. It'll be nice when Ericsson gets back to take some minutes, and I'd take just about anybody to play 4th line RW over Sammy.

2012-13 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Western non-playoff teams, 9 vs. Western playoff teams (All games vs. Western Conference last year)

2013-14 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Eastern Conference, 9 vs. Western Conference

Let's throw in 2011-12 too thru 17 games: 9-7-1 19 pts (Split was 2 East vs. 15 West)

And goal differential too while we're at it:

2011-12: +5

2012-13: -7

2013-14: -2

Ya but was the record for 2012-2013

Post #406

Sorry didn't see it lol. So we are doing better than last year and the previous year thus far. So everyone losing their cools are somewhat unjustified at this point. Sure we have had trouble holding a lead, but I think that will change as time goes on. When big rig comes back this team will be much better on the back end.

wow...who wants to pay money to see this garbage?

Real, die hard Wings fans that despite the fact that they're not as good as some hoped, still have at least something positive to say about the team they love. Not just one line posts saying how terrible you think they are with every keystroke while never saying anything good about the team you claim to be a fan of, if you truly are a Wings fan. Yet to be seen...

Streaky, yes. But this team IS better than last season. The question is: are they improved enough?

I think they can be, but boy, Babcock needs to stop blowing who is on the ice at crucial times, and we have to get the lineup in order. And still, we'll probably need an acquisition at the trade deadline on defense. Not that we'll get one, though, the trading season seems to have died the last few years.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Real, die hard Wings fans that despite the fact that they're not as good as some hoped, still have at least something positive to say about the team they love. Not just one line posts saying how terrible you think they are with every keystroke while never saying anything good about the team you claim to be a fan of, if you truly are a Wings fan. Yet to be seen...

refusing to pay money to see a team that puts nyquist in the minors so they can re-sign garbage like dan cleary means you're not a "true wings fan"?

so be it.

If the DetroitRedWings are losing the next game too, I guess the identity so far could be summarized as streaky, win some lose some repeat.

I called them the Detroit BiPolars last season, I see no reason to change that this season.

The team that completely soiled the bedding against Ottawa and Winnipeg, is exactly the same team that won in Boston, shut-out the Sharks and gave Colorado their first defeat.

We have enough high end talent to win games, but not enough mid-level talent to carry us through on the nights when the big guns can't.

Beating them would be sufficient seeing as they are on top of our division - they are not a useless team.

Exactly. They're defenseman are HUGE. Three guys are 6'6" or taller and two other guys that are 6'4" and others are well over 6'. They're offense is nothing to sneeze at either, they have a guy that's pretty good at scoring goals if I remember correctly. If we play well we can definitely beat them but it's not like they're the Panthers.

With the addition of one year experience, Alfie, Weiss, and playing in the easy East ... we should be better than just 4 pts difference than last year.

I'm shocked that we're the only team in the top 5-6 ranking conference that has a NEGATIVE goal differential. And we've been carrying that for a while, to my memory.

I know, it's only 17 games in but there signs to be concerned about.

Guest mjtm77

With the addition of one year experience, Alfie, Weiss, and playing in the easy East ... we should be better than just 4 pts difference than last year.

I'm shocked that we're the only team in the top 5-6 ranking conference that has a NEGATIVE goal differential. And we've been carrying that for a while, to my memory.

I know, it's only 17 games in but there signs to be concerned about.

couldn't agree more there is something to be concerned about, but we have the pieces. The positive is that when we play on our game we look like we can take it all. when we play bad we look "lazy" We just have to get consistent play night in and night out. That's on Babcock and company. At least we are not a mid level team that has no chance in the playoffs. The issue with this team is depth scoring and defense. Our depth scoring should be good when mule returns, Weiss comes to forum and the possible addition of Nyquist . Our D we are stuck with as it does not make sense to make a trade. We are overloaded with D prospects.

If the DetroitRedWings are losing the next game too, I guess the identity so far could be summarized as streaky, win some lose some repeat.

I called them the Detroit BiPolars last season, I see no reason to change that this season.

The team that completely soiled the bedding against Ottawa and Winnipeg, is exactly the same team that won in Boston, shut-out the Sharks and gave Colorado their first defeat.

We have enough high end talent to win games, but not enough mid-level talent to carry us through on the nights when the big guns can't.

That's the problem, Z and Pasha have go carry the load offensively night in night out the support cast is over the hill, lazy or just not good enough. That's where free agency is coming in handy, Kenny used to do wonders on UFA days but it feels like decades ago, back then the DetroitRedWings wanted a player and they got him!

I predicted a finish similar to last year and I stick with it. Biggest surprise so far the superb play of DeKeyser and Monster.

Losing against a bottom dweller team is unacceptable DetroitRedWings used to stomp them without giving their best effort!!!

That's the problem, Z and Pasha have go carry the load offensively night in night out the support cast is over the hill, lazy or just not good enough. That's where free agency is coming in handy, Kenny used to do wonders on UFA days but it feels like decades ago, back then the DetroitRedWings wanted a player and they got him! I predicted a finish similar to last year and I stick with it. Biggest surprise so far the superb play of DeKeyser and Monster. Losing against a bottom dweller team is unacceptable DetroitRedWings used to stomp them without giving their best effort!!

We also used to have Lidstrom and a lot more talent. It's a new team. It's also a new league where great UFAs are few and far between. With that said, the Alfie and DeKeyser pick ups were 2 recent wonders. People will respond, saying that those pick ups had nothing to do with Kenny, but I feel they happened because the perception of the way the wings do and have done business. It's the loyalty of Kenny - which everyone seems to condemn recently - and the family environment within the Wings organization that made those things happen.

P.S. what's up with the DetroitRedWings thing? Is it twitter shortform or something? Justaskingsincei'mcurious