• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#321 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:21 PM

I dont care if you're a Jimmy lover or a Jimmy hater he has to save both of those last two goals. Need a big save..didnt get one.

He needed to save the Benn goal, that was atrocious. He had a pretty awful angle on the OT goal, though.

#322 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

I also love the kick in the balls Holland delivers when asked about bringing Nyquist up. "Absolutely no way", huh, Ken? Thanks a bunch. You're telling me you can't waive Quincey's useless ass to make room? Ouellet would be an improvement.

Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg, 07 November 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#323 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

There is something seriously wrong with this time. I mean, beyond the obvious.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#324 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Cleary is so bad it's not even funny. And classic Babcock cutting Tatar out of the picture in the third and overtime. Gotta give more ice time to good old Danny boy. God I'm pissed with Babcock

#325 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

I simply blame Babcock for this loss. Keep Quincey the f*** off the ice.

Don't worry dude.  Me, you and Hockeymom are gonna heckle Quincey, Cleary and Sammy hard in the 313!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#326 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

[quote name="Tr!PoD#19" post="2451995" timestamp="1383880919"]

He needed to save the Benn goal, that was atrocious. He had a pretty awful angle on the OT goal, though.[/quote

Ya but benn also shouldn't be walking through 4 guys either.

#327 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

I decided to check in just to make sure that Justin Abdelkader was sufficiently getting ripped a new one by the board collectively.  I don't think you guys are doing a good enough job of it so I decided to help out.  I don't care one way or the other whether you think the call should or shouldn't have been made.  It was a position that you do not put yourself in when your team is up a goal with less than three minutes left.  You make the possibility that you might COMPLETELY blast the opposing team's goaltender as small as possible.  Abdelkader was an epic failure in his decision making there and lost the game for his team, imo.  What a moron.

Couldn't agree more, there is ZERO excuse for a dumbass penalty like that with 3mins left.

#328 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

I am sorry but Mike Babcock is not doing a good coaching job this year. Just like the last overtime we lost in the last minute, WHY THE EFF would Pavs and Hank not be on the ice in the last minute... that is just awful coaching. It killed us last time, and it killed us again. They should ALWAYS be on the ice in the last minute. 

3 of their goals came in the last minutes of the periods, that is just unacceptable. I know none of the goals were Jimmy's fault, but ever since he started playing as our starter I swear there are a ton of late minute goals against us in periods, and those are killers. He needs to find a way to make important saves at the dying minutes of periods.

Lastly, the officiating this year is awful. How do the Wings not get a single powerplay again during a game?! The Red Wings are lucky to get more than 1 powerplay this season, despite the fact that Pavs and Hank are continuously hooked and held. This has to change... Babcock needs to let this be known that it is unacceptable.

Now, back to Babcock, he has to fix these lines, no one is producing besides the big boys. Get Cleary the hell off of the 2nd line, he is awful, he is slow, he has no hockey IQ, he has NO PLACE on this team let alone the 2nd line!

#329 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

[quote name="Tr!PoD#19" post="2451995" timestamp="1383880919"]

He needed to save the Benn goal, that was atrocious. He had a pretty awful angle on the OT goal, though.[/quote

Ya but benn also shouldn't be walking through 4 guys either.

Yeah, Samuelsson in particular sucked on that goal as well. You're right. Just a collective what the f*** on that goal.

Edited by Tr!PoD#19, 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM.

#330 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

I'm sick and tired of having to say to myself how embarrassed I am to be a Red Wings fan after every game.

#331 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

How does a team give up so many late period goals? Is it coaching? Is it guys just not caring? This has been a theme for about 3 years now. 

Guys not caring enough.

The really painful thing is, this is the kind of problem a *VETERAN TEAM* is supposed to not have.

Edited by Dabura, 07 November 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#332 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

I dont care if you're a Jimmy lover or a Jimmy hater he has to save both of those last two goals. Need a big save..didnt get one.

All I have to say on the last 2 goals…..if you're not gonna block it, get the f*** out of the way.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#333 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

And the refs f*** US IN THE ASS AGAIN.

Abdelkader must be in control. He deserves a $ 25000 fine for being stupid and causing the tying goal. No excuse as far as I'm concerned.

#334 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Tatar barely played 8 minutes. Meanwhile, Samuelsson over 11 and Cleary had 16.

How does that happen?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#335 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:26 PM

Love ya Jimmy but this was some non-clutch goaltending. Did Filpulla's ghost overtake Weiss' body? How many years have to go by for this franchise to allow a player like Cleary to start on any of these lines? With Tatar and Helm the speed is there. Can you imagine if Nyquist was on the Red Wings?

#336 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:27 PM

When's our next game?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#337 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

The D either has to block the shot or get the hell out of the way, 2 of the 4 goals Howard had no idea where the puck was. Our D blocks Howard and then tries to get out of the way of the puck instead of blocking it. I miss Stuart.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#338 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

When's our next game?

Saturday against Tampa Bay. Which is pretty much a guaranteed loss knowing our defense and how Bishop is playing.

#339 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Can you imagine if Nyquist was on the Red Wings?

Honestly, I don't think it'd make a huge difference.

Saturday against Tampa Bay. Which is pretty much a guaranteed loss knowing our defense and how Bishop is playing.

Oh God. We really needed two points tonight.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#340 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

How does a team give up so many late period goals? Is it coaching? Is it guys just not caring? This has been a theme for about 3 years now. 

I recall Oz giving up quite a few late period goals, especially one late one during the 2008 finals :confused: