• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#341 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

I really don't think Weiss is playing bad I just think that cleary is so awful that he weighs down both Weiss and alfy. I saw a play tonight where cleary was on the rush and alfy was far wing with nobody in site and cleary dumped it on net. How does an NHL hockey player with time not see that. Hell I would have seen that an. Alfy would have gotten a hell of a chance on that play

#342 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

Congrats to the Dallas Nills, who according to the refs played the cleanest game in the history of forever and all time!

I reward you with a giant middle finger! Use it to passionately penetrate each other's anuses, please. YAY!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#343 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

I really don't think Weiss is playing bad I just think that cleary is so awful that he weighs down both Weiss and alfy. I saw a play tonight where cleary was on the rush and alfy was far wing with nobody in site and cleary dumped it on net. How does an NHL hockey player with time not see that. Hell I would have seen that an. Alfy would have gotten a hell of a chance on that play

#344 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

#345 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

I'm so tired of blowing leads. Jesus. We were up 2-0 in this game. Why Cleary is playing is beyond me, and Weiss is proving just how worthless he is. Hard to win when your offense consists of two players. (3rd line is good but doesn't get enough ice time, not hating on them)

#346 jimidee

jimidee

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

Looks like the West may have the better teams.

#347 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:36 PM

Im sorry but i blame 2/3 lf those last minute goals on jimmy. Elite goaltender my ass. 5-5-3? No thanks. Hs gotta come trough and he seemingly
Never does.

#348 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

Choke. Choke. Choke. Here we go...

First the positives: Great game from Pav, Z, and DeKeyser. All three were rock solid. Good game for Weiss who has completely earned his goat status, but more efforts like tonight and its possible to turn it around. Nice first goal from Almquist; preview of things to come.

Now the rest: Kronwall had a terrible game in his own end and the neutral zone. He turned over the puck far too frequently and seemed to get knocked off it too easily down low. Cleary is an empty sweater, again. He has played every game this season, how is that possible? Helm looks out of sorts, but its to be expected. Miller, Abdelkader, and Andersson didn't look good tonight and Abdelkader's late penalty had spoiler written all over it. Overall, Stars had it too easy on all 4 goals, allowed to develop their screens for a well-placed shot or plain old allow to dice in and embarrass us. While Howard surely can't be solely blamed for the majority of the goals, it was another night when I found myself with no confidence in him to make the big save.

Terrible effort from a lot of the team at the end of the period. Goal with 20 seconds left in the 2nd. Goal with 1:10 left in the game. Goal with 18 seconds left in OT. I don't know if you can blame the coach for laziness, but you can blame him for a negative trend. And seeing Almquist on the ice during overtime is cool, shows confidence in the kid. Putting him on the ice with Kyle Quincey? That's called suicide.

#349 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well that was impressive.  Ugh.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#350 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

Tatar barely played 8 minutes. Meanwhile, Samuelsson over 11 and Cleary had 16.

How does that happen?

This makes me ill....

#351 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Y'know, to be honest, I'm ok with this loss. Or, at least, I'm not as not-ok with it as I've been with the others. Now, maybe that's just me getting used to losing and I'm starting to settle - but, the point was, we deserved to lose this game. I say this for a few reasons, but mainly the fact that I had about 60 mini-heart attacks tonight, one for every time one of their guys got near Jimmy, around the slots, crease with the puck on his stick. There was this, like, defensive black hole in the area in front of Jimmy, wherein a Star with a puck basically meant Jimmy was on his own. And that's just ludicrously soft, slow defense on our part. What Im saying is, every time they got in front of Jimmy and had the puck, it was essentially a prime scoring chance. That sounds like common sense, and it is, but you'd hope your defensive work is good enough that there's no real threat, outside of the goalie not making the save. I dunno if this makes any sense because I'm really tired and drained, but yeah. Had the Stars been out for blood, it could've easily been a blowout. We were lucky that it was as close as it was, lucky to get a point out of it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#352 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

So unbelievably disappointing. Can't say I expect much for the game against Tampa Bay, but hopefully they prove me wrong. 

#353 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Im sorry but i blame 2/3 lf those last minute goals on jimmy. Elite goaltender my ass. 5-5-3? No thanks. Hs gotta come trough and he seemingly
Never does.

I was against Jimmy his first 2 seasons here but he has really grown on me the last couple seasons. But here is the thing I have been telling my friends. Jimmy has never gotten us past the 2nd round, like it or not. He has a bad tendency to allow late minute goals (I wonder how many he has let in because it happens a LOT since he started to play for us).  The fact is that he is a great goalie, but he seems to have trouble making the key saves at the key time in the dying minutes of games. In my opinion, if Jimmy can't prove to be capable for us we should strongly consider going after Henrik Lunquivst in the off season... imo he is the best goalie in the world, and God knows he knows how to make key saves at any given time in a game.

#354 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

And Mike Babcock has officially lost his mind.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#355 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Well expect more of the same boys.  With this roster situation and cap problems I don't see any help on the horizon anytime soon.  On the plus side, I just watched Babs' presser and according to him it's the teams' fault and they just need to "play better".  Because clearly the problem is that 23 guys just forgot how to play hockey, which means that at any time they could just remember again. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#356 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:47 PM

Well expect more of the same boys.  With this roster situation and cap problems I don't see any help on the horizon anytime soon.  On the plus side, I just watched Babs' presser and according to him it's the teams' fault and they just need to "play better".  Because clearly the problem is that 23 guys just forgot how to play hockey, which means that at any time they could just remember again. 

This^

#357 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well at least we got to see this...

MLLiN8i.gif

#358 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

And Mike Babcock has officially lost his mind.

What, you don't like Cleary getting 16 minutes as Tatar gets half of that, while deciding to play your young rookie offensive-minded defenseman in Almquist with TurnsItOver McSh*tsHisPants? Are you suuuure?

Edited by b.shanafan14, 07 November 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#359 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Tatar barely played 8 minutes. Meanwhile, Samuelsson over 11 and Cleary had 16.

How does that happen?

he's the new Hudler

that and Babcock's 'vets are better by default' notion

#360 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:50 PM

Watching the post game. It was kyle quinceys guy who scored the ot game winner. Abby screwed us on that penalty, wether he was pushed or not. Babs just dropped the hammer on our second line for not producing. He said "two guys dont make a hockey club." Damn.

Edited by RedWang, 07 November 2013 - 10:51 PM.