• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#361 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Some reporter needs to ask Babs why the heeeeeeeeeeell Cleary keeps getting 16mins a night on the second line??? he doesn't contribute with ANYTHING!

#362 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

Well at least we got to see this...

MLLiN8i.gif

I swear to god ive been watching this, stoned off my ass (to keep myself calm after that game) laughing histarically at this datsyuk gif. hes incredible.

Edited by RedWang, 07 November 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#363 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed, that we have to be the team with the least pp time in the league, it seems like we get maybe 2 powerplays in a game. and now we have already had 2 games without a single powerplay in 17 games, and one game i think we got less then a minute...

#364 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Some reporter needs to ask Babs why the heeeeeeeeeeell Cleary keeps getting 16mins a night on the second line??? he doesn't contribute with ANYTHING!

Awww, could you imagine a world where reporters asked good questions like that, something that maybe rattles some thoughts free. Instead we get: Is this loss a tougher loss than last game's loss? What did you think of the second goal? Boxers or briefs? Trick question, the answer is boxer-briefs!

#365 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

is it just me, or has anyone else noticed, that we have to be the team with the least pp time in the league, it seems like we get maybe 2 powerplays in a game. and now we have already had 2 games without a single powerplay in 17 games, and one game i think we got less then a minute...

Hard work creates PP opportunities. I don't see a whole lot of that right now, way to inconsistent.

#366 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

Well at least we got to see this...

MLLiN8i.gif

That this wasn't the game-winner is a crying shame. That's on you (insert name of just about anyone not named Datsyuk, Zetterberg, or DeKeyser).

#367 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Kronwall Defensively has been bad and has completely disappeared offensively. I think he misses Lidstrom more than anybody.

Edited by wings87, 07 November 2013 - 11:04 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#368 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Kronwall Defensively has been bad and has completely disappeared offensively. I think he misses Lidstrom more than anybody.

10 points in 15 games, thats like 55 (lol) points in 82 games, I would say he has disappeared. Also he is a +8, wouldn't say he is doing that bad defensively

#369 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

no secondary scoring at all

what did mick say its only dekeysers 25th game? and hes our best defensemen. looks just as good as kronwall if not better

howard cant steal a game

are you kidding me tatar had 8 mins and cleary and sammy had more?!?! WHY?!? every time tatar was out there hes winning puck battles making smart passes creating chances. 

i wonder if holland will ever admit he was wrong about resigning sammy and cleary

also like how when you ask siri who the magic man is datsyuk pops up awesome

Edited by brett, 07 November 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#370 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

10 points in 15 games, thats like 55 (lol) points in 82 games, I would say he has disappeared. Also he is a +8, wouldn't say he is doing that bad defensively

Thank you. Kronner had an UNCHARACTERISTICALLY crappy game. He has been more than solid and reliable thus far this season. There are a lot of issues on this team--Kronner is NOT one of them.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#371 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Meh. Someone say something to make it all better!

#372 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Let me clarify he might have a +8 cause he is on the ice most of the time when the Datsyuk's line is out there which in my opinion inflates that number. But what has disappeared is his ability to put the puck in the net. He has also had a tendency to make bad decisions with the puck. I still like him but with Lidstrom gone this team really needs some scoring from the Blue Line and Nick is really the only option.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#373 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

this team f*cking sucks

Edited by fat guy in a maltby jersey, 07 November 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#374 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Thank you. Kronner had an UNCHARACTERISTICALLY crappy game. He has been more than solid and reliable thus far this season. There are a lot of issues on this team--Kronner is NOT one of them.

Yah Kronners has actually had a very solid season thus far... he had a bad game tonight, no need to jump the gun on him. If Babcock hadn't been an idiot and had had Kronners out there instead of Quincy in OT in the last minute, this discussion board would probably be all happy after watching a shootout victory (we would have won the shootout me thinks because Pavs and Bert were on fire tonight).  

You want to jump the gun on players, start with Cleary and Quincy... Those two are just awful and are not cutting it at all. Alfie was looking great, until Babs thru Cleary on his line. How many lines have we seen the last couple years that were doing good, until Cleary was put on the line. Hell, Cleary might be the only guy in the history of the Red Wings that played on a line with Dats and Hank that resulted in the line being broken up shortly after the season started because they would not produce. ANyone that plays with Cleary has trouble producing and that is a fact. Get this guy off our team already!

Also, give Jimmy one more game Saturday night, if he can't get the job done, then it is time to give Monster a start.

#375 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Honestly, I don't think it'd make a huge difference.

Oh God. We really needed two points tonight.

Amen to that. It's sure going to be fun watching Tampa Bay skate circles around us and score at will.

#376 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:29 PM

Not being a problem is not enough for this team to win, he has to be on top of his game more often then he has been.

Yah Kronners has actually had a very solid season thus far... he had a bad game tonight, no need to jump the gun on him. If Babcock hadn't been an idiot and had had Kronners out there instead of Quincy in OT in the last minute, this discussion board would probably be all happy after watching a shootout victory (we would have won the shootout me thinks because Pavs and Bert were on fire tonight).  

You want to jump the gun on players, start with Cleary and Quincy... Those two are just awful and are not cutting it at all. Alfie was looking great, until Babs thru Cleary on his line. How many lines have we seen the last couple years that were doing good, until Cleary was put on the line. Hell, Cleary might be the only guy in the history of the Red Wings that played on a line with Dats and Hank that resulted in the line being broken up shortly after the season started because they would not produce. ANyone that plays with Cleary has trouble producing and that is a fact. Get this guy off our team already!

Also, give Jimmy one more game Saturday night, if he can't get the job done, then it is time to give Monster a start.

Don't think Jimmy is the problem, to me the problem is not enough blocked shots. Jimmy gets screened but nobody blocks the shot.

#377 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

Not being a problem is not enough for this team to win, he has to be on top of his game more often then he has been.

Then I'm just not seeing his play the way you have been, because I think he's stepped up admirably. "Be on top of his game more often than he has been?" So...10 games out of 10 instead of 9 games out of 10?

I just think there are a lot of areas that this team can be criticized--in my opinion, Kronner is not one of them. He's not perfect, but I think he's been pretty damn solid.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#378 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Kronwall has been fine. The problem is Cleary who holds our entire second line back and to some degree Quincey, he just makes too many crucial mistakes.

#379 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:42 PM

Don't think Jimmy is the problem, to me the problem is not enough blocked shots. Jimmy gets screened but nobody blocks the shot.

Usually, a goalie's job is to block shots.

He makes great saves until we are winning. He can never hold a lead it seems. Regardless of what the defense do, the goalie is the last line of defense. If the team gives him a 2 goal lead, he should be able to make a couple key saves to keep it. I didn't watch tonight's game but I have noticed this all season. If we have a lead and Jimmy is in, we almost always lose it.

#380 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Then I'm just not seeing his play the way you have been, because I think he's stepped up admirably. "Be on top of his game more often than he has been?" So...10 games out of 10 instead of 9 games out of 10?

I just think there are a lot of areas that this team can be criticized--in my opinion, Kronner is not one of them. He's not perfect, but I think he's been pretty damn solid.

I get what you are saying but I'm also taking last year into account, and it really hasn't been just one bad game he has had plenty of bad games as has the whole team. But he really needs that reliable D-Man so he can roam free. Because with the guys he's been playing with, when Nick makes a mistakes its amplified cause he's got no one to back him up.

Usually, a goalie's job is to block shots.

He makes great saves until we are winning. He can never hold a lead it seems. Regardless of what the defense do, the goalie is the last line of defense. If the team gives him a 2 goal lead, he should be able to make a couple key saves to keep it. I didn't watch tonight's game but I have noticed this all season. If we have a lead and Jimmy is in, we almost always lose it.

Not happy with Jimmy today but the only goal that I have a real problem with is the second. If the D sucks the goalie can't steal every game. Just look at Miller in Buffalo.