• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#401 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

You guys talk like we are in the cellar. We're competing for first in our division, and over a whole season we can still compete for first overall.

Babcock's coaching continues to confuse me. He always puts the wrong guys out to finish periods and games, hence the plethora of last minute goals.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#402 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Anyone know if Tatar got a shift in ot. I cant remember off the top of my head but I dont believe he did. If not thats a huge mistake by Babcock. Hes the type of player that can beat a man and create that winning goal. Youve already got your point so go hard for the second. Instead he keeps sending Bert out for example whom in my opinion in 4v4 is a liability.

#403 AndrewK80

AndrewK80

Jr. Prospect

• 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

I was at the game last night..  My third game this season and witnessed my third loss.

We are 3-2-3 at home..  What the heck guys?

They are 6-3 on the road.

We have a lot of home games this month..  Gotta turn it around!

#404 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

We are 3-2-3 at home.

wow...who wants to pay money to see this garbage?

#405 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:13 AM

playmaker" post="2452081" timestamp="1383915313"]

The difference is Sammy was signed in 2012 when there was ample roster and cap space.  Cleary was signed when we were already over the cap, over the roster limit and knowing his skills were seriously diminished.[/quote]
Signing sammy with cap space makes it even worse since there were other better players available.

Edited by wings87, 08 November 2013 - 10:14 AM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#406 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:13 AM

It is so frustrating to have a mediocre team.   

Does anyone know how we're doing compared to last year at this stage.  Just wondering if we'll have to win the last 8 games of the season to make it into the playoffs again. 

2012-13 thru 17 games: 7-7-3 17 pts

2013-14 thru 17 games 9-5-3 21 pts

#407 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:16 AM

2012-13 thru 17 games: 7-7-3 17 pts
2013-14 thru 17 games 9-5-3 21 pts

In the easier east we should have more points.

#408 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

we beter destroy tampa saturday

#409 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

In the easier east we should have more points.

2012-13 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Western non-playoff teams, 9 vs. Western playoff teams (All games vs. Western Conference last year)

2013-14 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Eastern Conference, 9 vs. Western Conference

Let's throw in 2011-12 too thru 17 games:  9-7-1 19 pts (Split was 2 East vs. 15 West)

And goal differential too while we're at it:

2011-12: +5

2012-13: -7

2013-14: -2

#410 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Babs needs to give his head a shake after last night. Sammy needs to not play, especially not with Z and D at any point. Cleary needs to be dropped down the line-up, he's killing Weiss and Alfredsson. Quincey needs to play less, he had a couple bad turnovers (one lead to a goal and he should've been called for tripping on it anyway) and Peverly was his guy in OT that he was late getting too. It'll be nice when Ericsson gets back to take some minutes, and I'd take just about anybody to play 4th line RW over Sammy.

#NOMOREKINDL

#411 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

2012-13 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Western non-playoff teams, 9 vs. Western playoff teams (All games vs. Western Conference last year)
2013-14 thru 17 games: 8 games vs. Eastern Conference, 9 vs. Western Conference

Let's throw in 2011-12 too thru 17 games:  9-7-1 19 pts (Split was 2 East vs. 15 West)

And goal differential too while we're at it:

2011-12: +5
2012-13: -7
2013-14: -2

Ya but was the record for 2012-2013

#412 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Ya but was the record for 2012-2013

Post #406

#413 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,176 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Post #406

Sorry didn't see it lol. So we are doing better than last year and the previous year thus far. So everyone losing their cools are somewhat unjustified at this point. Sure we have had trouble holding a lead, but I think that will change as time goes on. When big rig comes back this team will be much better on the back end.

#414 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

wow...who wants to pay money to see this garbage?

Real, die hard Wings fans that despite the fact that they're not as good as some hoped, still have at least something positive to say about the team they love.  Not just one line posts saying how terrible you think they are with every keystroke while never saying anything good about the team you claim to be a fan of, if you truly are a Wings fan.  Yet to be seen...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#415 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

If the DetroitRedWings are losing the next game too, I guess the identity so far could be summarized as streaky, win some lose some repeat.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#416 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:25 PM

Streaky, yes.  But this team IS better than last season.  The question is: are they improved enough?

I think they can be, but boy, Babcock needs to stop blowing who is on the ice at crucial times, and we have to get the lineup in order.  And still, we'll probably need an acquisition at the trade deadline on defense.  Not that we'll get one, though, the trading season seems to have died the last few years.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#417 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:26 PM

Real, die hard Wings fans that despite the fact that they're not as good as some hoped, still have at least something positive to say about the team they love.  Not just one line posts saying how terrible you think they are with every keystroke while never saying anything good about the team you claim to be a fan of, if you truly are a Wings fan.  Yet to be seen...

refusing to pay money to see a team that puts nyquist in the minors so they can re-sign garbage like dan cleary means you're not a "true wings fan"?

so be it.

#418 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:29 PM

we beter destroy tampa saturday

Beating them would be sufficient seeing as they are on top of our division - they are not a useless team.

#419 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

If the DetroitRedWings are losing the next game too, I guess the identity so far could be summarized as streaky, win some lose some repeat.

I called them the Detroit BiPolars last season, I see no reason to change that this season.

The team that completely soiled the bedding against Ottawa and Winnipeg, is exactly the same team that won in Boston, shut-out the Sharks and gave Colorado their first defeat.

We have enough high end talent to win games, but not enough mid-level talent to carry us through on the nights when the big guns can't.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#420 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

Beating them would be sufficient seeing as they are on top of our division - they are not a useless team.

Exactly. They're defenseman are HUGE. Three guys are 6'6" or taller and two other guys that are 6'4" and others are well over 6'. They're offense is nothing to sneeze at either, they have a guy that's pretty good at scoring goals if I remember correctly. If we play well we can definitely beat them but it's not like they're the Panthers.