Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Are we faking injuries/illnesses to deal with the roster crunch?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

People actually think we're faking injuries?

LGW has reached a new low.

Posted Image

#22 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

Perhaps Mule is taking a page from the Peter Forsberg book of  "Oh, my, I am hurt/ill until the playoffs and then suddenly I am well!!"  

Only in Forsbergs case he took more punishment than anyone else and really needed that time off to heal. Franzén has neither given or recieved a hit in the last three seasons or so.

#23 cambellronald7

cambellronald7

Draftee

• 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

I dont think so but whatever is done is done for the team if one has a fake injury then the management should be made responsible not the whole team.

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

Where was this anxiety during the last 8 years of playing in front of 20,000? When he was scoring huge playoff goals and dominating Colorado all the time?

If true, it does explain some of his comments and why Babcock never calls him out or draws attention to him directly.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

Franzen needs better linemates...Considering Cleary will ALWAYS and FOREVER clog up the top six wing spot.   Franzen - Helm - Tatar

I disagree. I think Franzen is the anchor to his teammates now. That includes Cleary. Cleary is terrible but at-least hes out there busting his butt every shift.

#26 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

But his butt-busting isn't helping us.  He loses every race for the puck, turns over the puck all the time, makes poor decisions and is always behind the play.  Right now the fact is Cleary isn't doing anything, and is more frequently hurting the team than Franzen.  Franzen doesn't really hurt the team at all.  He just doesn't help as much as he could.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#27 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

It would be completely against the rules if they were faking an injury just to circumvent the roster/cap crunch, I highly doubt it. Hockey teams have a very long history of not disclosing injuries, it happens all the time in this sport, doesn't mean it is some conspiracy.

The Franzen hate on this board is ridiculous sometimes. Just because he's not scoring at the completely unsustainable pace that he was on for like two months back in 2008, people here expect him to be this 50 goal scorer all the time. You guys act like he's making Heatley money and scoring 0 points a season when the reality is over the years he has played and scored at an entirely appropriate pace for someone with his contract.

Funny that everyone on here will ***** and moan endlessly about Franzen (who we now know to be injured in some capacity) but no one is saying anything about Weiss - who makes significantly more money, and is scoring quite a bit less with more games played.

Edited by hooon, 08 November 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#28 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

The weird secrecy continues...

"@AnsarKhanMLive: Weiss not skating today. Holland said he is injured and won't play tomorrow. No details provided."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#29 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I doubt it. Doing so would be a severe breach of league policy. And if management were actually doing it, then it would be Samuelsson rather than Franzen.

Sammy will be perfectly healthy all season, purely out of spite. Kinda like that 98 year old neighbor who only hangs onto life because they know it makes everyone else miserable.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt