• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukToZetterberg

An honest question about Nyquist

Rate this topic

I'd be shocked if he didn't. Remember Ericsson? Babcock said that he was the best player he had sent down. They had to because he could still clear waivers. It took Smith forever to get up here too.

Once the waiver thingie is gone, Nyquist will be up with us. If not then, he most certainly will be for the playoffs. If someone sustains a season-ending injury before that (hopefully not, just throwing out the thought since it is possible), he will be up before that.

<off to do anti-jinx stuff>

I'd be shocked if he didn't. Remember Ericsson? Babcock said that he was the best player he had sent down. They had to because he could still clear waivers. It took Smith forever to get up here too.

Once the waiver thingie is gone, Nyquist will be up with us. If not then, he most certainly will be for the playoffs. If someone sustains a season-ending injury before that (hopefully not, just throwing out the thought since it is possible), he will be up before that.

All very true. Hopefully, it doesn't take a bad injury to get him up. I look at a guy like Cleary and think that he could easily clear waivers and be sent down. And if he gets claimed off of waivers, great!

Do you all think that he will ever play a game with us again? Honestly...I don't. Maybe I'm being a little too negative, but the longer we go without him in the lineup, the less I think we're ever going to see him again. Am I wrong for thinking this?

I think you are being a bit negative... I mean, if you're talking never ever ever seeing him again. I think it highly unlikely he will be traded.

He seems to be mired in the same situation that Tatar was in last year.

(Only a couple games of waiver exemption left/Needs and deserves to be up with the Wings/No room at the inn)

...but I think to say that we're going to see him before the playoffs (barring the aforementioned season ending injury to a current roster player or unlikely trade of some spare parts) is quite optimistic.

Patience grasshopper, the year of Nyquist is 2014.

The latest we'll see Nyquist is after the trade deadline. Mark my words.

This would be great, but it's going to take some REAL WORK by Mr. Ken Holland for that to happen.

Edited by e_prime

All very true. Hopefully, it doesn't take a bad injury to get him up. I look at a guy like Cleary and think that he could easily clear waivers and be sent down. And if he gets claimed off of waivers, great!

I don't think that there is any way that the Wings sign Cleary last summer for less money than he was offered elsewhere and then waive him.

If Nyquist plays 2 games with Detroit this year, he loses his waiver exemption status. Which means any call up he gets will be permanent, as there's no way he would clear waivers of sent back down.

Goose will be with the Wings. There's just no way it's possible at the moment with the roster/cap crunch we're under.

I think you are being a bit negative... I mean, if you're talking never ever ever seeing him again. I think it highly unlikely he will be traded.

He seems to be mired in the same situation that Tatar was in last year.

(Only a couple games of waiver exemption left/Needs and deserves to be up with the Wings/No room at the inn)

...but I think to say that we're going to see him before the playoffs (barring the aforementioned season ending injury to a current roster player or unlikely trade of some spare parts) is quite optimistic.

Patience grasshopper, the year of Nyquist is 2014.

This would be great, but it's going to take some REAL WORK by Mr. Ken Holland for that to happen.

After the trade deadline, does the roster limit not take a hike?

This exactly, the reason Gus is in GR isn't because he isnt good enough to play on this team..its strictly business...bad decisions are made and so are good ones...some bad ones have been made recently that are preventing Gus from being up here full time...that's all it is..he will be up for good at some point.

This exactly, the reason Gus is in GR isn't because he isnt good enough to play on this team..its strictly business...bad decisions are made and so are good ones...some bad ones have been made recently that are preventing Gus from being up here full time...that's all it is..he will be up for good at some point.

Too bad they do business like that, or don't, or whatever it is that they do. If it was business, Cleary wouldn't have been re-signed. Just saying...

Guest mjtm77

Too bad they do business like that, or don't, or whatever it is that they do. If it was business, Cleary wouldn't have been re-signed. Just saying...

Cleary is a good player. There is a reason he is on the team. There is a reason other teams wanted him.

Is he top 6 material? no Is he paid top 6 $? no Will he be back next year? yes Will everyone ***** and complain? Yes

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Cleary is a good player. There is a reason he is on the team. There is a reason other teams wanted him.

Is he top 6 material? no Is he paid top 6 $? no Will he be back next year? yes Will everyone **** and complain? Yes

No he has lost a serious step. At the beginning of the season I too was of the impression he would resign again for next year but now I'd say no.

Supporting Cleary...Bold/underlining entire sentences...modifying words to get swear words posted...

I'd say you're doing your best to ruffle some feathers lol

Is he top 6 material? no Is he paid top 6 $? no Will he be back next year? yes Will everyone ***** and complain? Yes

He may have been, but he has no place on THIS team THIS year. If he re-ups after this year I'll PM you every day to tell you how much I hate it.

I'll start watching the Wings again when they get serious about putting the best team on the ice and axe dead weight. Holland and Detroit seem complacent to keep talent down and expect support for

watching the crap they put on the ice. Nyquist 2014?? Really? If this is a business decision they are very poor businessmen.

Guest Crymson

I disagree on the last two. I don't think anyone could possibly have anticipated him being as bad as he's been thus far, and I really don't understand why people think that he'll still be around next season if it continues.

I disagree on the last two. I don't think anyone could possibly have anticipated him being as bad as he's been thus far, and I really don't understand why people think that he'll still be around next season if it continues.

I'm not surprised. Last year, before the playoffs, I thought the guy's career was over. He looked like he was in his early 40's. I hated the signing for 10 reasons and I can't stand that he's taking a spot from more deserving players.

This. I tend to err on the pro-Holland side but I just have to get after him on this one. At least, I can NOW. You hit the nail right on the head. No one expected him to be great but I don't think anyone thought he would be THIS worthless.

I doubt other teams wanted him. That was likely some BS floated by his agent.

say we drop cleary and sams, bring up nyqust are we a winning team then?

We are a winning team last time I checked which was 3 minutes ago, we are 4th in the Eastern Conference. This move would make us a little bit better now but where the beauty of it is... It allows him to develop and we become a much better team in a shorter period of time. We need our future on the ice so we can get to the future. According to you we are a losing team so what's the point of playing bums that are nearing retirement when you could develop your future?