81 replies to this topic

#41 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

I think it will be before the playoffs. 

That may sound like optimism, but it is actually pessimism in disguise - the Wings have been insanely injury prone the past few years, and I while I hope that trend is over, it seems like the injuries are already piling on. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Nyquist get called up eventually when they hit some injuries and run out of waiver exempt guys to call up.

The mythical and theoretical line of Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar just makes too much sense to not try at some point this season - especially when secondary scoring is the biggest problem.

Posted Image

#42 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

I think it will be before the playoffs. 

That may sound like optimism, but it is actually pessimism in disguise - the Wings have been insanely injury prone the past few years, and I while I hope that trend is over, it seems like the injuries are already piling on. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see Nyquist get called up eventually when they hit some injuries and run out of waiver exempt guys to call up.

The mythical and theoretical line of Nyquist-Andersson-Tatar just makes too much sense to not try at some point this season - especially when secondary scoring is the biggest problem.

unless its a long term season ending injury then we won't bring him up. once guys get healthy we'd be screwed

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#43 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

unless its a long term season ending injury then we won't bring him up. once guys get healthy we'd be screwed

It'll be Glendening, Sheahan or Ferraro...  Pretty much anybody but Nyquist.  It's all part of the whole greedily hoard assets schtick. 

#44 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

I think he'll be up within two weeks. Certainly if we keep playing like we have been. Soon my friends...soon.

#45 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

Don't see it happening anytime soon because everyone will be healthy by the end of the week

#46 DatsyukToZetterberg

DatsyukToZetterberg

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

All kenny n babs jokes aside, when do we realistically see Nyquist makin his season debut?

Our best hope is probably the playoffs, provided we make it in. I doubt that, even. Too many worthless, overvalued players that are forever penciled into roster spots. Samuelsson and Cleary appear to be valued above Nyquist to this point. We'll see.

#47 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Don't see it happening anytime soon because everyone will be healthy by the end of the week

Healthy and driven enough to provide secondary scoring? 

#48 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,024 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

I will drive Nyquist myself for free if they make room for him. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#49 unsaddleddonald

unsaddleddonald

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

This really is sad.

A guy who needs to be with the Wings and a guy who the Wings WANT to have up here can't be here because of roster mismanagement.

Holland is the best GM in hockey, but he screwed up and it is hurting this team.

#50 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:38 PM

I will drive Nyquist myself for free if they make room for him. 

"No chance."

Smh...

I swear we should all pitch Kenny and whomever belongs to the "We like our depth" crew for their own hoarding reality TV show.  It should come on right after Wingspan. 

hoarding-buried-alive.jpg

#51 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I'm ready to expose someone like Miller or Eaves to waivers to get Nyqvist up here. We need secondary scoring, that's 100% what he does. Even if they're picked up, just consider it a trade, similar to how players returning from injury are deadline acquisitions.

#52 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Just thought that if I had any photoshop ability I'd make a meme of a hoarding Kenny being buried alive by cats with Sammy's, Cleary's and whoever's heads. 

#53 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

I'm ready to expose someone like Miller or Eaves to waivers to get Nyqvist up here. We need secondary scoring, that's 100% what he does. Even if they're picked up, just consider it a trade, similar to how players returning from injury are deadline acquisitions.

Doesn't clear enough. Tootoo and Eaves will already be gone when people get back. Besides they won't waive someone they just re-signed.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#54 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:02 PM

Doesn't clear enough. Tootoo and Eaves will already be gone when people get back. Besides they won't waive someone they just re-signed.

Waiving Tootoo AND Eaves is enough to bring Nyquist up. 23 man roster and cap compliant.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#55 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Waiving Tootoo AND Eaves is enough to bring Nyquist up. 23 man roster and cap compliant.

can anybody second this cause I am not so sure...

Posted Image

#56 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

can anybody second this cause I am not so sure...

Not sure about which part?

Forwards:Z,D,Alf, Fran, Weiss, Sam,  Clear, Helm, Bert, Mill, And, Abd, Nyq, Tat

Defence: Kron, Eric, Deke, Kindl, Smith, Quin, Lash

Goalie: How, Gus

That's 23 and through the relief from sending Tootoo(925k) and Eaves(925k) to minors (worst case) and relief from LTIR we are easily under the cap.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#57 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Khan wrote an article today about it.

Vince Lombardi

#58 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,299 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Nyquist, 24, might be recalled at some point this season. But he can’t come up as a temporary replacement for an injured player; the move must be permanent. That’s because Nyquist will be out of AHL options once he plays two more NHL games and would need to clear waivers to be sent back down.

As it is, the Red Wings will need to make a couple of moves to accommodate the return of defenseman Jonathan Ericsson, who is expected to come off long-term injured reserve and play Friday against the Washington Capitals at Joe Louis Arena.

The roster/cap crunch has really reached absurd proportions.

Holland has really handcuffed this team.

#59 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

You gotta think its stressing out Babcock big time Mrs Babcock must be sick of hearing Hollands name being cursed at the dinner table.

On the other hand, I'll bet Holland has an awesome car collection.

#60 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

You gotta think its stressing out Babcock big time Mrs Babcock must be sick of hearing Hollands name being cursed at the dinner table.

On the other hand, I'll bet Holland has an awesome car collection.

I blame Babcock almost just as much.  By the sound of things it was Babcock's doing to bring Cleary back.  If it wasn't for that we wouldn't be here today.  Even with the Sammy signing.

Vince Lombardi