• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

I am in favor of scratching Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg in an effort to get the rest of the team to show up.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,139 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

I am in favor of scratching Datsyuk and/or Zetterberg in an effort to get the rest of the team to show up.

That will not work, everyone will play worse

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,056 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Technically it is a nonsense to compare Pavel Datsyuk with Alex Ovechkin in points (goal + pass).

I think NHL has to find some criteria to measure such palyers as Pavel - currently it does not have it.

Even if Pavel scored a goal in shoutouts and von a game (which he did many times) - he will get 0 points.

But it is much more important to measure what he does for all people who watch the game - he tries to make

a masterpiece each shift, while Alex is just waiting for the moment he will get the puck and shot.

BTW, I like the video (NYR-WAS) - it really shows the difference, Pavel would never do that.

So, my point is: hockey is more than just points.

This.

Datsyuk is one of the best two-way players I've ever seen. This season he actually seems to be skating harder on the backcheck than when we're going up ice.

Whereas Ovechkin literally doesn't understand the nuances and general importance of defensive play. And/Or he's just lazy.

They're both phenomenally gifted hockey players and goal-scorers (and Russian), but comparing them based on point production alone is lame.

Edited by Dabura, 14 November 2013 - 09:56 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:48 AM

If you bench Hank and Pasha, and you depend on people like Cleary, you're going to have a record worse than Edmonton's.  Have a little pride, for Pete' sake.

Posted Image