• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Bryz to Oilers

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Indisputable fact? :lol: You have scientific studies with, y'know, graphs and everything?

Very, very basic logic, on top of what professional athletes say.

And if I'm not qualified to speak, I guess you aren't either? What I do know - from personal experience - is that when you've got a good team of people, who are good at their jobs, and want to do well, they can also be difficult people. Strong characters, opinionated, argumentative, think they're right and everyone else is wrong. But you know what? I'm willing to put up with it because they're good at their job and they want it done right. So I disagree that less is always better.

How could less not be better?

Claude Lemiuex was a POS who once ripped a team-mate to bits in front of the rest of the team so hard that he caused him to burst into tears. That team-mate never played for the Avs again, whilst Lemiuex won 4 cups. Nice guys don't always win. It's better if winners are nice, but they're often not.

As far as I've been able to tell, Lemieux was known as a great teammate.

Edited by Crymson

Very, very basic logic, on top of what professional athletes say.

How could less not be better?

As far as I've been able to tell, Lemieux was known as a great teammate.

And what makes Bryz a bad one? The fact that he's interested in space? You're just jumping on the bandwagon that constantly bashes the guy, because he's been given this bad teammate rep.

Newsflash - not everyone on successful teams are best friends. As far as I can tell, Bryzgalov's biggest crime is to be honest with the media. Unless someone displays Sean Avery levels of doucheness, the ONLY thing that matters is what happens on the ice. If Bryz goes in and gives them half decent goaltending, who cares if his team-mates like him.

Dan Cleary is hugely popular with his team-mates, the anti-locker room cancer. Doesn't make him an effective team mate though.

Agreed. Teammates value trust and respect a lot more than "being a good guy".

Trust and respect you have to earn. "Being a good guy" is essentially a default status that can be lost.

Guest Crymson

And what makes Bryz a bad one? The fact that he's interested in space? You're just jumping on the bandwagon that constantly bashes the guy, because he's been given this bad teammate rep.

Have I said anything about Bryzgalov?

I guess this makes sense, from MacTavish's perspective. Do you deal from a position of weakness and get taken to the cleaners (e.g. Ryan Miller), or do you go for the upgrade who doesn't cost anything in the way of assets? It's pretty much a win-win: either Bryzgalov establishes himself as The Answer, or "MacT" decides they need someone better. Either way, no assets lost. (Just money.) And hey, maybe having a high-profile starter in Bryzgalov makes dealing for a different high-profile starter easier, e.g. maybe Regier feels good about shipping Miller to Edmonton if Bryzgalov is part of the package coming his way.

Indisputable fact? :lol: You have scientific studies with, y'know, graphs and everything?

And if I'm not qualified to speak, I guess you aren't either? What I do know - from personal experience - is that when you've got a good team of people, who are good at their jobs, and want to do well, they can also be difficult people. Strong characters, opinionated, argumentative, think they're right and everyone else is wrong. But you know what? I'm willing to put up with it because they're good at their job and they want it done right. So I disagree that less is always better.

Claude Lemiuex was a POS who once ripped a team-mate to bits in front of the rest of the team so hard that he caused him to burst into tears. That team-mate never played for the Avs again, whilst Lemiuex won 4 cups. Nice guys don't always win. It's better if winners are nice, but they're often not.

Tim Thomas is another example. He's a guy known for not being the best teammate, especially on a Boston team that's very big on the "all for one" mentality, but the guy stood on his head in goal so it didn't matter. There are guys who are true cancers, like Avery, but ultimately they're professionals. Especially when it comes to goalies, who are generally nutjobs.

Guest Crymson

Well you did respond directly to a conversation about Bryzgalov in a thread entirely about Bryzgalov...

I was discussing a concept.

Tim Thomas is another example. He's a guy known for not being the best teammate, especially on a Boston team that's very big on the "all for one" mentality, but the guy stood on his head in goal so it didn't matter. There are guys who are true cancers, like Avery, but ultimately they're professionals. Especially when it comes to goalies, who are generally nutjobs.

I think Timmay is an outstanding teammate, it's good to stick to your ideals. The series this guy played against the Vancouver Canucks - an unreal offensive powerhouse in 2011 -was one if not the best goaltending performance I've seen in along time.

Bryzgalov on the other side is attention hungry, has a questionable attitude and is playing in a hockey mad market now this screams trouble.

I think Timmay is an outstanding teammate, it's good to stick to your ideals. The series this guy played against the Vancouver Canucks - an unreal offensive powerhouse in 2011 -was one if not the best goaltending performance I've seen in along time.Bryzgalov on the other side is attention hungry, has a questionable attitude and is playing in a hockey mad market now this screams trouble.

How is it any different then Philly?

The Russian philosopher pulled out a win and a shut out in his first appearance!

Back to back ... starting again tonight.

Well the excitment of him being signing with the Oilers is probably over now. He played two periods today and was not in net at the start of the 3rd.