• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
stevieyalumni

Let's Get Stevie Y to Join the Alumni!

Rate this topic

Alright Stevie, let's make a deal.

I'd be willing to accept that you won't/can't play for the Alumni in this year's Winter Classic. It hurts, but I can accept that over time.

But in exchange, once Ken Holland decides it's time, you have to become the Red Wings GM and Exec. Vice President and continue on the tradition of Red Wings playoff success.

Cool? Seems fair to me. :D

Alright Stevie, let's make a deal.

I'd be willing to accept that you won't/can't play for the Alumni in this year's Winter Classic. It hurts, but I can accept that over time.

But in exchange, once Ken Holland decides it's time, you have to become the Red Wings GM and Exec. Vice President and continue on the tradition of Red Wings playoff success.

Cool? Seems fair to me. :D

I really really believe Stevo Y is going to be the next in line once Kenny steps it up. I mean, this guy is the captain he is learning the pros/cons of being a GM and seems to know how to rebuild a team. He is loved by the fans and players respect him too, it doesn't get better than that.

Personally I'd like to see him throw the first faceoff puck and getting a big standing ovation with Stevie Stevie chants from the crowd.

Guest Playmaker

Yes, he's hurt, yes he has other responsibilities, so why doesn't he just come out and say I will not be playing, sorry. Instead of well, haven't really thought about it and all that other junk. I care if he plays, it's just the constant speculation and things like this Facebook petition that drive me crazy. Yzerman can easily put a stop to it all instead of being wishy washy and non committal.

We know he can't physically play. The question is whether or not he'll participate. That doesn't necessarily mean playing. Maybe- just maybe- something is floating past him or the front office or something, but no one wants to say anything yet because he honestly doesn't know if he'll be able to commit to it at that time or not.

Maybe a maybe is just a maybe. Maybe.

Ok, I'm going to come in here for a short rant because I'm feeling surly this fine Monday morning. Disclaimer: this pertains to the topic at hand, but is directed at the media covering this kerfluffle and not so much about any of the opinions expressed in this thread.

I want Steve Yzerman to participate in the AG as much as anyone. He is My Captain, the man I grew up watching lead this team longer than all others. I paid good money for my AG tix, and would love nothing more than to get the opportunity to piss my pants over seeing Stevie on a line with Feds again (because I like to party, natch).

That being said, I am sick and fricking *tired* of the BS ENTITLEMENT being expressed in so many of the articles covering the issue. "Stevie owes it to THE FANS!!!111!!1!1" NO. No he doesn't. He gave up his heart, soul, body, you name it to this team when he was captain. He owed it to the fans for 23 years, a promise he made good on time and time again. He owes us NOTHING more than he has already given. People saying they're "losing respect" for Yzerman's legacy because he's being noncommittal about attending the AG? Good grief!

Short of flying in by helicopter and taking a dump on JLA, there's not much Stevie could do that would make me lose respect for his legacy. That includes not giving a rabbit fart about the AG.

Whatever. TL,DR and all that. Happy Vets day to all who've served and the families that support them.

unfortunately, the captain seems to have no interest in this game. probably a combination of broken body and the fact that its too close to his retirement and he moved on. All of that I sort of get.

Unfortunately, it does come across a bit as being arrogant.

Just say why you can't play and people will move on

unfortunately, the captain seems to have no interest in this game. probably a combination of broken body and the fact that its too close to his retirement and he moved on. All of that I sort of get.

Unfortunately, it does come across a bit as being arrogant.

Just say why you can't play and people will move on

I'd say that he probably doesn't want to let down Wings fans. Stevie could have run for the Governor of Michigan at one point not so long ago.

That said, I completely agree with your last point. Just tell us already, ok Steve?