• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/9 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Todd Bertuzzi

Tomas Tatar-Darren Helm-Daniel Alfredsson

Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Justin Abdelkader

Daniel Cleary-Luke Glendening-Patrick Eaves

Scratches: Mikael Samuelsson and Jordin Tootoo (healthy), Stephen Weiss (groin), Johan Franzen (upper-body, injured reserve)

Niklas Kronwall-Danny DeKeyser

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Kyle Quincey-Xavier Ouellet

Scratches: Jonathan Ericsson and Brendan Smith (shoulder, IR)

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

That second line could be absolutely deadly. Lookin for some production out of em tn.

Goals from Z, Kronner, Tats, n Alfie. 4-1 wings.

I really think Tatar playing where he belongs and getting the ice time he deserves will prove positive. He makes things happen every single shift.

Also with the dead weight removed from alfies line, look for him to make some key plays.

And for the sake of all things we hold dear, lets see a red wings powerplay tonight, eh?

I really think Tatar playing where he belongs and getting the ice time he deserves will prove positive. He makes things happen every single shift.

Also with the dead weight removed from alfies line, look for him to make some key plays.

And for the sake of all things we hold dear, lets see a red wings powerplay tonight, eh?

Unfortunately the bottom 6 still looks like a collection of spare parts, but it will be interesting to see that 2nd line.

Alfie and Tatar to set up and finish plays. Helm to chase down any defensive lapses. :D

Miller up to the third line, Cleary down to the fourth: Babcock getting the picture?

Maybe so. The only theory I had for Cleary being up on the 2nd line was to try and have some sort of overall balance for all lines. As much as I don't think Cleary is the manifestation of all things terrible like some people claim, he definitely isn't a 2nd liner anymore.

Always a huge game when the winner gets #1 in the division. I do think we'll win, but I definitely think Filppula will either score or set up a goal tonight. I was all for moving on from him, but obviously comparing what he's done so far with what Weiss has done, I can understand why some ppl think we made the wrong move. I miss Filp too, but I do still have high hopes for Weiss.

It's a battle of Florida.

Flip comes in and scores right off the opening face-off.

Weiss (in the press box with a sore groin) thinks, "Hell, it may not have been the Bolts, but I used to play for a Florida team." and telepathically wills one in off the stick of Alfredsson.

Not to be undone, Stevie Y notes that as a former Wing, he has The Power, and telepathically allows Stamkos to beat Helm in a footrace to the net, the sheer speed of which blinds Howard long enough for the puck to pass him.

Meanwhile, back in the press box, Tootoo nudges Sammy and says, "Dude. You used to play for Florida." Sammy pauses to remember everywhere he's played. Tootoo jogs his memory: "Remember? The Panthers? The big ugly cat on the front?" By the middle of the second period, Sammy realizes that he's been trying to jinx a Penguin, makes the proper re-alignment, and causes Zetterberg to tie the game.

The rest of the game is played at a fast and furious pace with both teams trying to think of any connections with the state of Florida. With 27.8 seconds left, Dan Cleary becomes the hero when he happens to think, "Not overtime again. I'm too old for this s***. I should just retire and move to Florida."

Wings win 3-2 in regulation.

And that's how it's gonna go.

Henrik Zetterberg-Pavel Datsyuk-Todd Bertuzzi

Tomas Tatar-Darren Helm-Daniel Alfredsson

Drew Miller-Joakim Andersson-Justin Abdelkader

Daniel Cleary-Luke Glendening-Patrick Eaves

Scratches: Mikael Samuelsson and Jordin Tootoo (healthy), Stephen Weiss (groin), Johan Franzen (upper-body, injured reserve)

Niklas Kronwall-Danny DeKeyser

Brian Lashoff-Jakub Kindl

Kyle Quincey-Xavier Ouellet

Scratches: Jonathan Ericsson and Brendan Smith (shoulder, IR)

Jimmy Howard (starting)

Jonas Gustavsson

That second line could be absolutely deadly. Lookin for some production out of em tn.

Goals from Z, Kronner, Tats, n Alfie. 4-1 wings.

Are those the actual lines? I didn't hear that Weiss is hurt and Almquist got sent down and Ouellet got called back up. Edited by DatsyukToZetterberg