• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/9 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

Let's go back to four years ago, when you were vociferously complaining that Holland had let him go in the first place.

Yeah, over Lebda and Meech. I still complain over that.

But I never said trade him for a top pick.

We've had this conversation before. How can you not see the difference between the first and second situation? Or are you just trolling me?

Whole team was awful, we had no business getting 1 point and much less 2.

A win may actually have fooled Babs/Holland into thinking we are better than we are. Because we are not good. Must have been 20+ giveaways in our own zone tonight. Worst PP I've seen, nothing dangerous offensively except for 2 fluke deflected goals. Tampa had about 15 chances to kill the game in regulation.

Win 2

Lose 2

Win 4

Lose 4

Win 3

Lose 3

For real? That is a ridiculous record and not good enough for the Red Wings. 1st order of business: getting Nyquist into the lineup. 2nd task: getting Quincey out of the lineup or giving him drastically reduced minutes.

Get this team in order Holland/Babcock. This is far from okay and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

Quincey shouldn't play when E returns. Lashoff is far more dependable now. Either way, the Wings need a puck-moving defenseman desperately at the trade deadline or next summer.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Kindl

Lashoff - Smith

Quincey has no excuse for his atrocious defense and he's not contributing anything offensively either. Smith is still developing at least. Hard to believe Holland really wanted Quincey back a second time.

Edited by GoWings1905

I dread every game that comes to OT. I am at the point where I just accept that they are going to lose. They can not play 4 on 4 hockey. I'm tired of watching failed come backs. I want to see our boys finish a damn game for once

Quincey shouldn't play when E gets back. Lashoff is more far more dependable now.

Kronwall - Ericsson

DeKeyser - Kindl

Lashoff - Smith

Quincey has no excuse for his atrocious defense and he's not contributing anything offensively either. Smith is still developing at least. Hard to believe Holland really wanted Quincey back a second time.

Quincey should be written out of that HBO show. He hasn't earned the TV time.

Not to beat this point to death because I absolutely blame Quincey for the turnover too, but Kindl went behind his own net to cover no one. :blink:

mistake one is Quincey going behind his own net and getting cut off instead of going to the corner, mistake two is Kindl following him. I said it once already but it seriously is like this team is actively trying to lose games sometimes.

I can't wait until Ericsson gets back. I can't see Babcock actually benching the dynamic duo, but reducing their minutes should help.

So how about Quincey? He's seemingly getting worse by the game, ya he wasn't terrible tonight, but in the biggest moment he made the mistake that lost the game. He doesn't deserve to play, not when we're healthy.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Lashoff-Smith

We seriously lack depth with Weiss and Franzen out, ZDB can't do it every game. Also was dumb to put Alfie with ZD in the 3rd, I know he was on the ice when they scored, but he was a non factor. Bert makes that line complete, Alfie has his role on the 2nd line.

Guest Crymson

Yeah, over Lebda and Meech. I still complain over that.

But I never said trade him for a top pick.

We've had this conversation before. How can you not see the difference between the first and second situation? Or are you just trolling me?

I can't help but see the dissonance between "We should have kept him! We lost a good player!" and "He sucks! We should never have gotten him back!"

I can't help but see the dissonance between "We should have kept him! We lost a good player!" and "He sucks! We should never have gotten him back!"

So because I think he's better than Lebda and Meech, that means I think he's a great player worthy of trading a number 1 pick for?

Talk about going too far to prove a point, Crymson.

You know exactly where I stand on Quincey. You just like making me type. ;)

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

if quincey is still playing when all of the dmen are healthy, then it's official:

management is strait-up trolling this fanbase

they simply don't give a f***

no f***s to give

zero f***s given

Whole team was awful, we had no business getting 1 point and much less 2.

A win may actually have fooled Babs/Holland into thinking we are better than we are. Because we are not good. Must have been 20+ giveaways in our own zone tonight. Worst PP I've seen, nothing dangerous offensively except for 2 fluke deflected goals. Tampa had about 15 chances to kill the game in regulation.

Win 2

Lose 2

Win 4

Lose 4

Win 3

Lose 3

For real? That is a ridiculous record and not good enough for the Red Wings. 1st order of business: getting Nyquist into the lineup. 2nd task: getting Quincey out of the lineup or giving him drastically reduced minutes.

Get this team in order Holland/Babcock. This is far from okay and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

the team just flat out isn't good enough. we are a one line team with a million giveaways a game. I cant decide if that is because our players are making plays too slow or if every other team in the league is making faster decisions than us. our forwards are basically all third liners (except for the obvious few) and our D provide us no offense. we would be much better though if we would just take care of the puck.

Need Ericsson back badly. Put Smith with Ericsson I bet he looks a lot better. Any of Kindl, Quincey, Lashoff can get benched for the whole season to get our rookies on the third pair for all I care.

That quote would have sounded scary years ago. Shows you how mediocre the Wings have become.

And before anybody tells me to, I've already joined the Pens forum. :bye:

Wings have a legitimate top six when healthy. 2nd line is under performing but they can get it done. Defense is a problem and everyone knows it. Teams are pressuring our D and we are losing. Our forwards have to do everything all over the ice. Nobody on d aside from Ericsson, Kronwall and DD have stepped up in any way. Quincey, Lashoff, Kindl and Smith would not make the lineup on most teams but what can you do? Once everyone is healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see Quincey, Kindl and Smith sitting for a guy like Almquist

We certainly don't have the puck movers on the back end. OT lose was inevitable the way we were turning it over all nite

This is a good losing streak, in a Hegelian Dialectics sort of way. Moves will be made to upgrade the personell.

Wings have a legitimate top six when healthy. 2nd line is under performing but they can get it done. Defense is a problem and everyone knows it. Teams are pressuring our D and we are losing. Our forwards have to do everything all over the ice. Nobody on d aside from Ericsson, Kronwall and DD have stepped up in any way. Quincey, Lashoff, Kindl and Smith would not make the lineup on most teams but what can you do? Once everyone is healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see Quincey, Kindl and Smith sitting for a guy like Almquist

I have to say Almqvist deserves to be on the team. Quincey, Kindl and Lashoff can't get the puck to our forwards cleanly. Even with lots of time they manage to give the puck away or just shoot it up the boards so the forward has to fumble with the puck.

AA has issues in the d-zone but it's a tradeoff for what he adds in puck movement and offense which we so badly need.

My patience is wearing thin. Our November schedule is as easy as it's going to get. We're wasting it so far.