• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

11/9 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

I fell asleep! Our suckitude literally put me to sleep!

Very happy (relatively speaking) that we managed to salvage another point out of what should've been a loss. What are we, 9-5-4? If we get to 9-5-6, are we officially trolling the league?

But really now. We need the full two points. This whole "We're near the top of the conference! We're doing fine!" thing is nice, except it's really not, because the Atlantic Division is, well, ridiculous. And because, honestly, we suck right now. We really, really suck right now.

Yeah, winning has been such a tough thing for Detroit for the past 10 years. :glare:

I was referring more to fans worrying about "running into A Good Goalie." And now the "joke" (in both senses of the term, I guess) is that every goalie we face is A Good Goalie.

But, YOU GOT ME! I'm a terrible fan. Lock me up and throw away the key!

Another overtime loss where Babcock fails to have Pavs or Hank out there in the near last minute and yet again we get scored on. Babcock is not doing a good job coaching this year, but it is not entirely his fault I mean look at what he had to ice tonight as the 2nd line.

I was at the game, and I was very disgusted with the Wings play. Their turned the puck over a million times, could not receive passes, were unable to control pucks, and sustained little zone time.

- Cleary is awful, there is no other way to describe him. He needs to go. I wonder how many games we need to lose before Kenny figures out a way to bring Nyquist up because we will be such a better team with him.

- Howie had a good game, would like him to not get beat so easily on the 1st wrap around goal, but the smaller nets are a factor in that as well. If not for him, we don't make it to OT.

- Pavs, Hank dominated again... they are the only two players for our team lately.

- Babcock needs to give someone for Alfie to play with for crying out loud.

To be honest I hope we continue to lose even when were all healthy so holland can feel like an idiot for having cleary Sammy and Quincey then maybe make a move to make the team better

Do you really want Holland to make a move? His last big trade was Quincy.

Howards not at fault, but he isn't gonna win games for us with the D we got infront of him, let alone our dried up offense.

I've come to the conclusion that if any team scores more then 2 on us its most likely a loss.

I don't think so.

If you don't think so then name a player not named Hank or Pav who has figured more into the Wings getting points this year than Howard. Without his strong play the Wings wouldn't be taking one point away in these losses when the team doesn't show up. They would be taking 5-2 regulation losses.

Howard's been alright but the numbers don't lie and he also has a bad habit of letting in very untimely goals. A little bit of clutchiness wouldn't hurt, maybe we could actually win an OT or two!

Hes already being that "little bit of clutchness" to even get the game to overtime. Howard has been money and yes the numbers do lie. With the amount of turnovers this team has which gift the opposition grade A scoring chances Howard is keeping this team in contention. How many odd man rushes does he face compared to the number the Wings generate. The odd mans against are easily in favor by 3 to 1 yet Detroit is still kept in the game. The last 4 OT games the Wings have lost (SJ, NY, DAL, and TB) his saves are the only reason they get those 4 pts. Heck he had a 65 minute shutout against SJ and still the team couldnt pull it out for him. This team does not need "more clutchness" from Howard. They are getting that. They need the other 16 skaters not named Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be more clutch.

This team is in Big trouble. Outside of Alfie, Pav, Z, Dek, Jimmy, and Bert. this team has been awful. The Defense is the main reason that Jimmy's stats are in the tank. We have a team that will get beat most nights. Edmonton is the last game that they dominated other then that they have been lucky to even get any points. Babcock clearly has no idea what to do next. Holland you suck

So Quincey has the worst +/- on the entire team, and has 2 points in 18 games. Why is he on this team again besides trying to make us lose ? Those kind of stats alone would have had him off the team on most teams that were considered contenders.

Miller is also a liability. Does nothing offensively yet is a -8 5 on 5. Good job Holland.

Edited by darkmanx

This team is in Big trouble. Outside of Alfie, Pav, Z, Dek, Jimmy, and Bert. this team has been awful. The Defense is the main reason that Jimmy's stats are in the tank. We have a team that will get beat most nights. Edmonton is the last game that they dominated other then that they have been lucky to even get any points. Babcock clearly has no idea what to do next. Holland you suck

We like our team. We kicked the tires, but ultimately we just didn't feel the price was right.

We feel that getting Nyquist back will be like a big deadline acquisition.

Hes already being that "little bit of clutchness" to even get the game to overtime. Howard has been money and yes the numbers do lie. With the amount of turnovers this team has which gift the opposition grade A scoring chances Howard is keeping this team in contention. How many odd man rushes does he face compared to the number the Wings generate. The odd mans against are easily in favor by 3 to 1 yet Detroit is still kept in the game. The last 4 OT games the Wings have lost (SJ, NY, DAL, and TB) his saves are the only reason they get those 4 pts. Heck he had a 65 minute shutout against SJ and still the team couldnt pull it out for him. This team does not need "more clutchness" from Howard. They are getting that. They need the other 16 skaters not named Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be more clutch.

I agree 100%. Going by the eye test, I can't remember another period of time when we were giving up as many shots as we have been lately. Against Dallas, Howard was screened on both of the last two goals. Against Tampa, he was beat by onetimer that was scored by a guy who should have been covered, not to mention the pass only happened because of Q's turnover.

It'a also tiresome hearing people say we'll never win a cup with Howard. He has gotten better every year. He only let in 1/33 shots, in regulation, against Chicago in game 7. That's a clutch performance in the most high-pressure situation that Howard's ever been in.

I saw it suggested, on here, that we should pursue lundqvist next year. For what? The guy has a 2% higher save percentage over his career. That does not warrant the 25% higher salary salary he commands. Howard is the best, established established goalie for the money.

I agree 100%. Going by the eye test, I can't remember another period of time when we were giving up as many shots as we have been lately. Against Dallas, Howard was screened on both of the last two goals. Against Tampa, he was beat by onetimer that was scored by a guy who should have been covered, not to mention the pass only happened because of Q's turnover.

It'a also tiresome hearing people say we'll never win a cup with Howard. He has gotten better every year. He only let in 1/33 shots, in regulation, against Chicago in game 7. That's a clutch performance in the most high-pressure situation that Howard's ever been in.

I saw it suggested, on here, that we should pursue lundqvist next year. For what? The guy has a 2% higher save percentage over his career. That does not warrant the 25% higher salary salary he commands. Howard is the best, established established goalie for the money.

It especially doesn't make sense when we have a pretty solid goalie pipeline as well. Mzarek and Paterson.