Photo
- - - - -

11/9 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#221 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Dan Cleary Kyle Quincey is the worst player in the league.

#222 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

That's a play that a veteran defenseman like Quincey should KNOW not to make.  I thought for sure he was going to flip the puck back up the boards like Mickey said.  I think he needs to sit for a few games once E comes back...

he should, but won't

I'd like to see:

Kronner- DeKeyser

Smith- Big E

Kindl- Lashoff

but again, won't happen unless Quincey gets hurt

#223 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

We should trade him for a top p...........................oh wait, no GM in the league would be stupid enough to make that move.

Let's go back to four years ago, when you were vociferously complaining that Holland had let him go in the first place.

#224 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

We should trade him for a top p...........................oh wait, no GM in the league would be stupid enough to make that move.

again, is the end of that sentence. Frustrating as hell.

#225 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Dan Cleary Kyle Quincey is the worst player in the league.

I thought you liked him.  

How about Smith?

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#226 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

I am so sick of our 2 man hockey club perpetually being ALL of our offense only to lose brcause if s*** defensive play. Poor Zetty... He really deserves so much better.

#227 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Let's go back to four years ago, when you were vociferously complaining that Holland had let him go in the first place.

Yeah, over Lebda and Meech.  I still complain over that.

But I never said trade him for a top pick.  

We've had this conversation before.  How can you not see the difference between the first and second situation?  Or are you just trolling me?  

#228 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Whole team was awful, we had no business getting 1 point and much less 2.

A win may actually have fooled Babs/Holland into thinking we are better than we are. Because we are not good. Must have been 20+ giveaways in our own zone tonight. Worst PP I've seen, nothing dangerous offensively except for 2 fluke deflected goals. Tampa had about 15 chances to kill the game in regulation.

Win 2
Lose 2
Win 4
Lose 4
Win 3
Lose 3

For real? That is a ridiculous record and not good enough for the Red Wings. 1st order of business: getting Nyquist into the lineup. 2nd task: getting Quincey out of the lineup or giving him drastically reduced minutes.

Get this team in order Holland/Babcock. This is far from okay and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

#229 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

Quincey shouldn't play when E returns. Lashoff is far more dependable now. Either way, the Wings need a puck-moving defenseman desperately at the trade deadline or next summer.

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Kindl
Lashoff - Smith

Quincey has no excuse for his atrocious defense and he's not contributing anything offensively either. Smith is still developing at least. Hard to believe Holland really wanted Quincey back a second time.

Edited by GoWings1905, 09 November 2013 - 09:57 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#230 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

I dread every game that comes to OT. I am at the point where I just accept that they are going to lose. They can not play 4 on 4 hockey. I'm tired of watching failed come backs. I want to see our boys finish a damn game for once

#231 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

Quincey is aweful... Kindl follows him as an outlet... Quincey had full control of the puck so kindl followed behind him to give him the reverse but instead quincey skates into another player cause he is an idiot and turns it over... 

#232 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Quincey shouldn't play when E gets back. Lashoff is more far more dependable now.

Kronwall - Ericsson
DeKeyser - Kindl
Lashoff - Smith

Quincey has no excuse for his atrocious defense and he's not contributing anything offensively either. Smith is still developing at least. Hard to believe Holland really wanted Quincey back a second time.

Quincey should be written out of that HBO show.  He hasn't earned the TV time.  

#233 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,944 posts

Not to beat this point to death because I absolutely blame Quincey for the turnover too, but Kindl went behind his own net to cover no one:blink:

mistake one is Quincey going behind his own net and getting cut off instead of going to the corner, mistake two is Kindl following him.  I said it once already but it seriously is like this team is actively trying to lose games sometimes. 

I can't wait until Ericsson gets back.  I can't see Babcock actually benching the dynamic duo, but reducing their minutes should help.

#234 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

So how about Quincey? He's seemingly getting worse by the game, ya he wasn't terrible tonight, but in the biggest moment he made the mistake that lost the game. He doesn't deserve to play, not when we're healthy.

Kronwall-Ericsson

Dekeyser-Kindl

Lashoff-Smith

We seriously lack depth with Weiss and Franzen out, ZDB can't do it every game. Also was dumb to put Alfie with ZD in the 3rd, I know he was on the ice when they scored, but he was a non factor. Bert makes that line complete, Alfie has his role on the 2nd line.

#NOMOREKINDL

#235 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Yeah, over Lebda and Meech.  I still complain over that.

But I never said trade him for a top pick.  

We've had this conversation before.  How can you not see the difference between the first and second situation?  Or are you just trolling me?  

I can't help but see the dissonance between "We should have kept him! We lost a good player!" and "He sucks! We should never have gotten him back!"

#236 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

I can't help but see the dissonance between "We should have kept him! We lost a good player!" and "He sucks! We should never have gotten him back!"

So because I think he's better than Lebda and Meech, that means I think he's a great player worthy of trading a number 1 pick for?

Talk about going too far to prove a point, Crymson.  

You know exactly where I stand on Quincey.  You just like making me type.   ;)  

#237 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

if quincey is still playing when all of the dmen are healthy, then it's official: 

management is strait-up trolling this fanbase

they simply don't give a f***

no f***s to give

zero f***s given

#238 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,759 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

if quincey is still playing when all of the dmen are healthy, then it's official: 

management is strait-up trolling this fanbase

they simply don't give a f***

no f***s to give

zero f***s given

Thank you, other account.  

#239 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Need Ericsson back badly. Put Smith with Ericsson I bet he looks a lot better. Any of Kindl, Quincey, Lashoff can get benched for the whole season to get our rookies on the third pair for all I care.

#240 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Whole team was awful, we had no business getting 1 point and much less 2.

A win may actually have fooled Babs/Holland into thinking we are better than we are. Because we are not good. Must have been 20+ giveaways in our own zone tonight. Worst PP I've seen, nothing dangerous offensively except for 2 fluke deflected goals. Tampa had about 15 chances to kill the game in regulation.

Win 2
Lose 2
Win 4
Lose 4
Win 3
Lose 3

For real? That is a ridiculous record and not good enough for the Red Wings. 1st order of business: getting Nyquist into the lineup. 2nd task: getting Quincey out of the lineup or giving him drastically reduced minutes.

Get this team in order Holland/Babcock. This is far from okay and it's extremely frustrating to watch.

the team just flat out isn't good enough.  we are a one line team with a million giveaways a game.  I cant decide if that is because our players are making plays too slow or if every other team in the league is making faster decisions than us. our forwards are basically all third liners (except for the obvious few) and our D provide us no offense.  we would be much better though if we would just take care of the puck.

naked is a state of mind