Photo
- - - - -

11/9 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 2 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

#241 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Need Ericsson back badly. Put Smith with Ericsson I bet he looks a lot better. Any of Kindl, Quincey, Lashoff can get benched for the whole season to get our rookies on the third pair for all I care.

That quote would have sounded scary years ago.  Shows you how mediocre the Wings have become.  

And before anybody tells me to, I've already joined the Pens forum.   :bye:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#242 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

The only thing Quincey can defend is a plate of hot wings.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#243 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

Wings have a legitimate top six when healthy. 2nd line is under performing but they can get it done. Defense is a problem and everyone knows it. Teams are pressuring our D and we are losing. Our forwards have to do everything all over the ice. Nobody on d aside from Ericsson, Kronwall and DD have stepped up in any way. Quincey, Lashoff, Kindl and Smith would not make the lineup on most teams but what can you do? Once everyone is healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see Quincey, Kindl and Smith sitting for a guy like Almquist

#244 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

We stink

#245 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:17 PM

The only thing Quincey can defend is a plate of hot wings.

Are you sure?  Because I saw Quincey leave them unprotected to go to the bar for a beer.  Kindl followed close behind to see if he needed help carrying it.

#246 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

We certainly don't have the puck movers on the back end. OT lose was inevitable the way we were turning it over all nite

This is a good losing streak, in a Hegelian Dialectics sort of way. Moves will be made to upgrade the personell.

#247 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

I'd like Gus to get the next start. Not to say that Jimmy's been bad but he's below .500 and Gus has been nothing but great

#248 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Are you sure?  Because I saw Quincey leave them unprotected to go to the bar for a beer.  Kindl followed close behind to see if he needed help carrying it.

Then they bumped into each other and the wings fell on Cleary.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#249 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

You guys do realize that Quincey was playing for the Colorado Cuttroat this time last year. Don't ya??

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#250 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

Wings have a legitimate top six when healthy. 2nd line is under performing but they can get it done. Defense is a problem and everyone knows it. Teams are pressuring our D and we are losing. Our forwards have to do everything all over the ice. Nobody on d aside from Ericsson, Kronwall and DD have stepped up in any way. Quincey, Lashoff, Kindl and Smith would not make the lineup on most teams but what can you do? Once everyone is healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see Quincey, Kindl and Smith sitting for a guy like Almquist

I have to say Almqvist deserves to be on the team. Quincey, Kindl and Lashoff can't get the puck to our forwards cleanly. Even with lots of time they manage to give the puck away or just shoot it up the boards so the forward has to fumble with the puck.
AA has issues in the d-zone but it's a tradeoff for what he adds in puck movement and offense which we so badly need.

My patience is wearing thin. Our November schedule is as easy as it's going to get. We're wasting it so far.

#251 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

I fell asleep! Our suckitude literally put me to sleep!

Very happy (relatively speaking) that we managed to salvage another point out of what should've been a loss. What are we, 9-5-4? If we get to 9-5-6, are we officially trolling the league?

But really now. We need the full two points. This whole "We're near the top of the conference! We're doing fine!" thing is nice, except it's really not, because the Atlantic Division is, well, ridiculous. And because, honestly, we suck right now. We really, really suck right now.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#252 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, winning has been such a tough thing for Detroit for the past 10 years.  :glare:

I was referring more to fans worrying about "running into A Good Goalie." And now the "joke" (in both senses of the term, I guess) is that every goalie we face is A Good Goalie.

But, YOU GOT ME! I'm a terrible fan. Lock me up and throw away the key!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#253 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

Just watched the game after getting home. Yay lost again in overtime. Quincey love ya man!  :clap:

Edit: Howard's stats aref****** brutal.

Edited by CaliforniaWingsFan, 09 November 2013 - 10:54 PM.

#254 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:01 PM

AA has issues in the d-zone but it's a tradeoff for what he adds in puck movement and offense which we so badly need.

We had the guy,but Ken bought him out

#255 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

Just watched the game after getting home. Yay lost again in overtime. Quincey love ya man!  :clap:

Edit: Howard's stats aref****** brutal.

Atleast its looking more like he'll get rested during the Okympics.

#256 Supface

Supface

Rookie

• Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:12 PM

Then they bumped into each other and the wings fell on Cleary.

Who then also fell.

#257 CaliforniaWingsFan

CaliforniaWingsFan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

Atleast its looking more like he'll get rested during the Okympics.

Glass half full. Touché. 

#258 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Another overtime loss where Babcock fails to have Pavs or Hank out there in the near last minute and yet again we get scored on. Babcock is not doing a good job coaching this year, but it is not entirely his fault I mean look at what he had to ice tonight as the 2nd line.

I was at the game, and I was very disgusted with the Wings play. Their turned the puck over a million times, could not receive passes, were unable to control pucks, and sustained little zone time.

- Cleary is awful, there is no other way to describe him. He needs to go. I wonder how many games we need to lose before Kenny figures out a way to bring Nyquist up because we will be such a better team with him.

- Howie had a good game, would like him to not get beat so easily on the 1st wrap around goal, but the smaller nets are a factor in that as well. If not for him, we don't make it to OT.

- Pavs, Hank dominated again... they are the only two players for our team lately. 

- Babcock needs to give someone for Alfie to play with for crying out loud.

#259 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

To be honest I hope we continue to lose even when were all healthy so holland can feel like an idiot for having cleary Sammy and Quincey then maybe make a move to make the team better

#260 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

To be honest I hope we continue to lose even when were all healthy so holland can feel like an idiot for having cleary Sammy and Quincey then maybe make a move to make the team better

Do you really want Holland to make a move? His last big trade was Quincy.