• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Ok, well.  I guess it's not anxiety.  I'm glad it's not mental.  It's hard enough dealing with mental problems in general.  I can't imagine dealing with it with cameras in your face.

Hope whatever's ailing him gets better.

#42 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,460 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Corson developed panic attacks later in his career, but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with his retirement.  He battled through colitis his entire career and never had that get in his way.  He played in '03/04, he was 39 when the season after the lockout started, so his age is what caused him to retire.  He played way more games in the NHL than most players.

Shane Corson has a well documented and lengthy history with this disorder and it eventually ended his career.

#43 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I'm glad its not mental. I would feel bad amnestying him if he had mental problems. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#44 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Good thing he's not hurt like Stamkos.  We'd have to shoot him.  ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#45 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Good thing he's not hurt like Stamkos.  We'd have to shoot him.  ;)

Ugh that was an ugly break. He looked like he was in so much pain! Mule would never show that much passion on the ice :lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#46 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Is it possible to loan him out to SEL for a month or two and see if that helps? Yeah, I know he'd have to clear waivers, yes I know its crazy. Just tell me if its possible or not. 

#47 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

per Khan:

Franzen also laughed off speculation that he’s dealing with anxiety issues, something he had before he began his NHL career in 2005-06. He said that definitely is not the issue.

I still don't understand why he's being so mysterious about it.

Franzen still won’t reveal his issue, saying he will when it’s 100 percent.

“I’ll tell you Monday,’’ he said. “I thought I could tell you today but I couldn’t.’’

He said it’s nothing he’s had before.

http://www.mlive.com...n_will_r_2.html

#48 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,913 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Wait, I think I've figured it out. 

Franzen said he’s been cleared to play after missing five of the past six games with an undisclosed upper-body injury or ailment. In his lone appearance during that time, Nov. 1 in Calgary, he left after two periods feeling nauseas.

He was feeling nauseous and missed a period.  He's pregnant!  :w00t:

(And Khan needs to learn to spell nauseous).

#49 Kmahrle83

Kmahrle83

Wings 4 Life!

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Or to use spellcheck.  And my guess was that franzen needed to get new hooves.  His old ones were making him slow.

Lets go RED WINGS!!!

#50 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

And actually the correct term is 'nauseated' according to The Big Bang Theory, so it must be true. 

#51 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:58 PM

Yeah, technically, nauseated. 

Can we LTIR him for maternity leave?  What about pregnancy?  Isn't that covered in the new CBA? 

Didn't the last lockout teach us ANYTHING?  Weren't they supposed to fix every thing so that there'd never be another lockout?  Or was that the lockout before that one?  Dang Bettman can't get anything right!

#52 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

Then I suppose the lockerroom-discussion was something like this :

http://www.youtube.c...FBOQzSk14c#t=36

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#53 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,455 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

If Mule has post-partum depression (yes, men have it too!), I hope it doesn't affect Ericsson, too.  

I have said before that since the Johan became a papa, he hasn't been the same player.  It happens with some guys.   Thankfully, not all of them. 

Clearly, Lidstrom didn't have a problem - but then again, he's perfect.  ^_^

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#54 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Well there was one guy on hfboards saying he had a reliable source claiming Mule's injury is a burn to the right side of his body.

Still don't know why there would be so much secrecy around it though. The whole "I'll tell you when it's 100%", "Thought I could tell you today", sounds to me like something other than injury or sickness, but I guess we'll know soon enough.

#55 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

"I thought I could tell you today." I give up. The puzzle pieces we have just don't make sense. He's just screwing with us now.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#56 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:08 PM

"I thought I could tell you today." I give up. The puzzle pieces we have just don't make sense. He's just screwing with us now.

We have two of the same corner piece and a middle piece from a different puzzle. Sounds like our puzzle should come together just fine :)

#57 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,898 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

Maybe he's got amnesia and keeps writing it down so that he can tell us, but then he forgets where the paper is or to whom he gave it so he just has to put off telling us, but he doesn't remember that he's been putting it off, so he just keeps telling us that he'll tell us later and then when someone reminds him, he writes it down but he forgets where he put it, so when reporters ask what's wrong, he doesn't remember, and he asks someone what it is that's wrong and then he writes it down, but he forgets where he put it, and then when reporters ask what's wrong, he doesn't remember so...

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:14 PM

Maybe he's got amnesia and keeps writing it down so that he can tell us, but then he forgets where the paper is or to whom he gave it so he just has to put off telling us, but he doesn't remember that he's been putting it off, so he just keeps telling us that he'll tell us later and then when someone reminds him, he writes it down but he forgets where he put it, so when reporters ask what's wrong, he doesn't remember, and he asks someone what it is that's wrong and then he writes it down, but he forgets where he put it, and then when reporters ask what's wrong, he doesn't remember so...

This is the song that never ends, yes it just goes on and on my friends...

#59 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

He should get it tattooed on his back like The Nameless One ;)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#60 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,064 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:18 PM

I'm going with anxiety.

Don't Toews me, bro!