• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Stamkos breaks leg in Boston this afternoon

Rate this topic

Bad for the Bolts and Bad for Team Canada

"...Stamkos was hurt with 7:11 to play in the second period. He entered the day tied with Pittsburgh's Sidney Crosby as the NHL's leading scorer. Stamkos got tied up with Boston defenceman Dougie Hamilton and crashed into the right post.

His left skate appeared to hit the post first before his right leg crashed into it around the shin area. He tried to get up twice before going down to the ice in pain, grabbing his leg just above the ankle.

The injury is bad news for the Lightning and Canada's Olympic team, Stamkos was considered a lock to represent Canada at the 2014 Sochi Games..."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=436377

Never like to see anyone hurt (unless its Claude Lemieux). It does hurt Canada a little bit. Losing probably the top sniper in the world right now will hurt no matter how deep your team is but theyll have the depth to replace him. Hopefully he heals quick. Stamkos is one of my favorite guys to watch not on the Wings.

So sad seeig Stamkos go down... The guy was having a great year and he is my favorite non red wing... It also hurts my fantasy team but that is beside the point. Hoping for a fast recovery and complication and set back free... Easily my favorite player to wear 91 since Feds

Edited by Crashnburnluder

It looked bad when it happened. He even said on the ice that it was broken, so I'm not surprised that it was. The poor kid was in serious pain.

Hopefully it was a clean break and it's something that will heal and he'll be able to get back to his career. It's nice to have someone of his caliber that isn't arrogant or self-centered in the NHL.

BTW- since there's not a thread for it- just want to add kudos to the Boston players who bought all those tickets for military personnel so that they could attend the game in honour of Veterans Day. Classy move.

It looked bad when it happened. He even said on the ice that it was broken, so I'm not surprised that it was. The poor kid was in serious pain.

Hopefully it was a clean break and it's something that will heal and he'll be able to get back to his career. It's nice to have someone of his caliber that isn't arrogant or self-centered in the NHL.

BTW- since there's not a thread for it- just want to add kudos to the Boston players who bought all those tickets for military personnel so that they could attend the game in honour of Veterans Day. Classy move.

God so tough to watch, kid is an absolute humble superstar he reminds me a lot of Stevo Y. Stamkos in my mind is b far the most dangerous goalscorer in the game, lightning fast and his shot is like a laser all the best and a speedy recovery

Edited by frankgrimes

Here's the gif of the collision:

http://twitpic.com/dkwvmt

Vid is up at nhl.com. He looked MISERABLE on the ice. Hope his season isn't over...

I honestly cannot describe the pain I felt by watching that. I thought well it's just a gif. Not the whole video...obviously it ended up being worse.

Edited by 13dangledangle

I honestly cannot describe the pain I felt by watching that. I thought well it's just a gif. Not the whole video...obviously it ended up being worse.

Any MMA fans here? All I could think of is the Corey Hill leg break...thank god Stammer was socked and taped up so we didn't have to see it. *shivers*